Amy Grant to Host Same-Sex Wedding

furyus

OK, but Amy Grant isn’t here to defend herself, so having a bunch a folks sitting around writing “Can you believe what she did?“ doesn’t strike me as terribly productive or I don’t know, being an imitator of Christ. I’m guilty, too. I’ll be reading at home and I’ll ask my wife, rhetorically, can you believe what these woke idiots are doing now? So I’m just as guilty as you non-appeasers. But wow, pop in this forum sometime without knowing who is here or how it’s run, and a good lot of you come across as legalistic, unforgiving hypocrites.

The Lord hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors, who were real dirt bags back in the day (they’re so nice nowadays). I’ve heard it said, and I agree, that one of the reasons the Pharisees hated Jesus is because not only did He hang out with hookers and tax collectors, He seemed to like doing it. He enjoyed their company. Jesus loves Amy Grant. That gives me hope, and should to the lot of you as well.

furyus

By the way, I can not stand all the LGBTMyNameIsLegion nonsense. These activist types usually steer clear of me and my well-practiced scowl. Believe it or not I’m going to be rapturing up right next to you guys. Wheeee!

Last edited:

soundingthealarm

Cracks me up all the “thumbs down” my original post has gotten. Kinda in a roundabout way makes my point.
“Hey guys, getting a little prideful and legalistic here.”
”No approval for you!”

So what are you going to tell the Lord when you meet him? “I didn’t host any same-sex weddings like she did.”

These are lessons I need to learn myself. Thanks for accommodating me.
Gay Christians?”

An NBA player comes out of the “closet” and is esteemed as a public hero and interviewed. “What was the response to the ESPN analyst who took a “homophobic” stance that you can’t be gay and also say that you are a “Christian? The analyst was ridiculed!

Presidents and celebrities jumped on the bandwagon, gloating how “times have evolved” into an age of tolerance and acceptance.

The kicker of these so-called “gay Christians” is that they are the only group claiming to follow Christ and continue to hang onto their sin as an accepted lifestyle blessed of God. There is no other group who claims proudly to be an adulterous Christian, a fornicating Christian, a lying Christian, a gambling Christian, or a murdering Christian. They all would add the word “repentant;” a “repentant” adulterer, a “repentant” fornicator, etc.

Every true born-again believer does wrestle with their carnal sin-nature having to take up their own cross dying daily to self, but would never subscribe to promoting what they are battling as something to be celebrated and accepted in the eyes of God …
that which caused Jesus to die on the cross. If the Holy Spirit is living in a person, that person will be at war with the sin nature. Sometimes they n
may not look like their battling but The Spirit of God would be pruning, rooting out and tearing down everything exalting itself against the knowledge of God. Christian means to be (“Christ like”).

To say being a gay is “Christ like” is tragically trendy and becoming politically correct, BUT the Bible is the only measure and it still says that it’s an abomination (perversion) to the very purpose for which man was created. We ALL were born wrong the first time, we all have a sin nature and that is why Jesus said we must be “born again!”

Yet, godless lawlessness is screaming:

“TURN OFF THE LIGHT!”

Via this text it’s hard to convey the tone of this, this isn’t from a holier than thou position but rather from a huge glass house.

We are all broken, but God’s standard isn’t and He calls us to lift high His Banner.

next will come pedophile weddings being hosted by those who name the name of Christ?

Thats the type of slope culture is on.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
OK, but Amy Grant isn’t here to defend herself, so having a bunch a folks sitting around writing “Can you believe what she did?“ doesn’t strike me as terribly productive or I don’t know, being an imitator of Christ. I’m guilty, too. I’ll be reading at home and I’ll ask my wife, rhetorically, can you believe what these woke idiots are doing now? So I’m just as guilty as you non-appeasers. But wow, pop in this forum sometime without knowing who is here or how it’s run, and a good lot of you come across as legalistic, unforgiving hypocrites.

The Lord hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors, who were real dirt bags back in the day (they’re so nice nowadays). I’ve heard it said, and I agree, that one of the reasons the Pharisees hated Jesus is because not only did He hang out with hookers and tax collectors, He seemed to like doing it. He enjoyed their company. Jesus loves Amy Grant. That gives me hope, and should to the lot of you as well.

We have made it plainly clear that we are the same as other sinners. We just repent and ask for forgiveness of our sins. We ask for mercy and forgiveness. God is just and will forgive and forget if we ask. We don't compromise with God's standards and holiness. I do the same sins everyday, but I ask for forgiveness and confess my sins. All of them. I make it clear to God that I know they are wrong and to restore me to him.

Most LGBTQ folks are not repenting of their sins and many do not see anything wrong with what they are doing. This is the "love is love" groups that spread this nonsense. This lifestyle is contrary and opposite of what God designed. It is not from God. It is from the devil. :sad

It is destructive and deadly as I have shown and the book I linked to has shown without doubt. This is not a God sanctioned union.

Supporting the LGBTQ stuff is also supporting drag queens grooming children at libraries, etc. Like the poster said above when you compromise, appease, and accept the ungodly things of the world, it is a very slippery slope to try to stand on.

I have a couple of family members that are gay, while I love them, I will not in any circumstance compromise or appease them by sanctioning their lifestyles. I do not condone it. Period.

If they ask how I feel, I will tell them and let them know. But I will explain my view and why I believe as I do. I will do it in a firm love and will not waver.

Jesus hung out with those people because they were the lost and they needed to be saved. He came he to save us from ours sins, not hang out with the backslapping righteous crowd. We must reach the lost while we can. Time is short. I prefer to tell them the truth rather than appeasing them straight to Hell.

What about you??

God wants none of us to perish, but all to come to salvation through Jesus Christ. They can't come to salvation if you appease them in their sins and tell them what they want to hear to the detriment of their eternal life.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, I can not stand all the LGBTMyNameIsLegion nonsense. These activist types usually steer clear of me and my well-practiced scowl. Believe it or not I’m going to be rapturing up right next to you guys. Wheeee!

I'm sorry, but I am not understanding what you are saying here.

Who are the LGBTMyNameIsLegion folks that you are talking about?

And what do you mean by "believe it or not" that you are going to be raptured up with us? Are you a Christian? Are you implying that you are a "gay Christian"? I'm not following here. Can you please clarify? :scratch

furyus

I knew if we drilled down a little bit we’d get to the root of the problem. You know, I agree with you guys about the general decay of our culture and how it increasingly has turned its back on God. I agree we should not appease those who deny God. But perhaps what I was interpreting as pride and self-righteousness on this forum is actually an enormous lack of a sense of humor. There are a lot of joyless posts here.

LGBTMyNameIsLegion is a joke, Chris. You know, Mark 5:9, and the fact that LGBTQWERTY crew are adding letters everyday (there was another joke hidden in that sentence!).

And wow, did you go to a government school coming up? What’s up with your reading comprehension? Where have I implied or said that I’m a gay Christian? Is it that difficult to decider that I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, from my posts? Just to remove all doubt, I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Creator, Lord and Savior, and that by His blood atonement alone and His Great Mercy I am born again and saved from spiritual death. My salvation is the gift of God - I did not earn it nor could I, and nothing about me deserves anything but condemnation and death. I accepted Christ as my Savior on April 20, 1990, and He has held me in His hand ever since. Praise His name.

The “believe it or not” part is simple, Chris: despite all the “thumbs down” I’ve earned here, I’m probably further to the right than a good majority of your readers. My church is pre-millennial, as is my wife, but I’m not 100% certain on what I believe regarding the timing of the rapture, and plead ignorance. I just know that if I’m around in this jar of clay when it happens, I’ll be taken up, and waving at you, “Dude, whoa!”

Assignment for today, forum members: find a joke on the internet and laugh at it. Repeat if necessary.

So, now, where are some threads on Russia and Ukraine?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I knew if we drilled down a little bit we’d get to the root of the problem. You know, I agree with you guys about the general decay of our culture and how it increasingly has turned its back on God. I agree we should not appease those who deny God. But perhaps what I was interpreting as pride and self-righteousness on this forum is actually an enormous lack of a sense of humor. There are a lot of joyless posts here.

LGBTMyNameIsLegion is a joke, Chris. You know, Mark 5:9, and the fact that LGBTQWERTY crew are adding letters everyday (there was another joke hidden in that sentence!).

And wow, did you go to a government school coming up? What’s up with your reading comprehension? Where have I implied or said that I’m a gay Christian? Is it that difficult to decider that I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, from my posts? Just to remove all doubt, I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Creator, Lord and Savior, and that by His blood atonement alone and His Great Mercy I am born again and saved from spiritual death. My salvation is the gift of God - I did not earn it nor could I, and nothing about me deserves anything but condemnation and death. I accepted Christ as my Savior on April 20, 1990, and He has held me in His hand ever since. Praise His name.

The “believe it or not” part is simple, Chris: despite all the “thumbs down” I’ve earned here, I’m probably further to the right than a good majority of your readers. My church is pre-millennial, as is my wife, but I’m not 100% certain on what I believe regarding the timing of the rapture, and plead ignorance. I just know that if I’m around in this jar of clay when it happens, I’ll be taken up, and waving at you, “Dude, whoa!”

Assignment for today, forum members: find a joke on the internet and laugh at it. Repeat if necessary.

Well, you are a new poster here and it is hard for some of us to know "your" sense of humor. Some may have picked up on it and some of us may not. Which is why I asked for clarification. There's nothing wrong with asking for clarification. Over time we will begin to know you better and can probably "read" you better, but we have had a lot of trolls and other troublemakers at times, so we are always trying to understand new posters when they start posting on the forums especially when their first posts are in "hot topic" subjects like LGBTQ. I wanted to ask for clarification so I did not just assume you meant this or that when you and ended up getting it wrong.

As for reading comprehension, those kind of comments are not acceptable here. If you continue to make those kind of comments in the future, to me or anyone else, your stay will be very short here brother.

Thanks.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
....... Just to remove all doubt, I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Creator, Lord and Savior, and that by His blood atonement alone and His Great Mercy I am born again and saved from spiritual death. My salvation is the gift of God - I did not earn it nor could I, and nothing about me deserves anything but condemnation and death. I accepted Christ as my Savior on April 20, 1990, and He has held me in His hand ever since. Praise His name.

That is wonderful to know you know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Praise God for what He does in the life of a sinner.

There is a lot of growing, wisdom, and even humor here, though sometimes we can derail into absurdity. Check the Only Questions thread.
Just checking, are you making a pun of furryous and you like the anthropomorphic stuff.... ;)

All of us are guests here, and we challenge each other to be kind and patient.... even with our current administration.

Abiding in Christ and doing His will to love one another takes a lot of practice, but then that is our work (sanctification) to do while here.

furyus

Well, you are a new poster here and it is hard for some of us to know "your" sense of humor. Some may have picked up on it and some of us may not. Which is why I asked for clarification. There's nothing wrong with asking for clarification. Over time we will begin to know you better and can probably "read" you better, but we have had a lot of trolls and other troublemakers at times, so we are always trying to understand new posters when they start posting on the forums especially when their first posts are in "hot topic" subjects like LGBTQ. I wanted to ask for clarification so I did not just assume you meant this or that when you and ended up getting it wrong.

As for reading comprehension, those kind of comments are not acceptable here. If you continue to make those kind of comments in the future, to me or anyone else, your stay will be very short here brother.

Thanks.
C’mon, Chris, LGBTQWERTY is good stuff, though I can’t take credit for it.

Your house I assume, so you get to set the rules. Totally reasonable. Sorry if the reading comprehension comment ruffled your feathers, but the gay Christian comment ruffled mine. In my circles that was a pretty mild retort, but I’ll see if I can dial in my responses a bit better.

I appreciate the opportunity to post here.

RestInHim

Amy Grant professes to be a Christian and is sinning publicly. As has been mentioned here in this thread she has been asked to repent. I've read where she is defending her stance and publicly too. I don't see anywhere in God's Word where it says we as His children should be defending ourselves when we say that sin is o.k. or when we sin? She is doing this to herself it isn't us or other Christians who are doing this to her. We are all responsible for our own choices and behaviors and we all will be accountable to Him one day. Those who are confronting her are doing it out of love, for her, for Christ and His church and for the world who are watching to see how God's children are behaving.

God is faithful and we are called to be faithful also. We are to fear God not man. We ARE seeing a great many professing Christians departing from the faith and wanting their ears tickled.

I know that as for me, I will not compromise my walk with the Lord!

I am thankful that I have brothers and sisters on this Forum who will also not compromise and who also will speak the truth in love.

Yes, Jesus loves ALL sinners, but He is HOLY and He will not allow sin to enter Heaven and that is why He was around prostitutes and tax collectors. Because He loved them and was offering them forgiveness if they would place their faith in Him.

REMEMBER what Jesus said: "“Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” with the woman caught in adultery in (John 8: 3-11) and "“See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you” in (John 5) with the invalid at the pool of Bethesda. There are consequences to a sinful lifestyle and not just LGBTQ and we are commanded to grow in our faith. (John 14: 15) "“If you love Me, keep My commandments."

(Acts 20: 25-31)
“And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears."

furyus

That is wonderful to know you know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Praise God for what He does in the life of a sinner.

There is a lot of growing, wisdom, and even humor here, though sometimes we can derail into absurdity. Check the Only Questions thread.
Just checking, are you making a pun of furryous and you like the anthropomorphic stuff.... ;)

All of us are guests here, and we challenge each other to be kind and patient.... even with our current administration.

Abiding in Christ and doing His will to love one another takes a lot of practice, but then that is our work (sanctification) to do while here.
It is indeed wonderful, Wally. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. The honor and credit are His. I can’t imagine being in this world without Him, and only wished He had knocked harder, earlier.

furyus

And perhaps a bit condescending...and perhaps like someone who enjoys stirring the manure as my husband used to say...
Perhaps, though I’d use a different “con” word - confident. It’s a discussion forum, let’s discuss. You (generic you) want to lay down a line of horse feathers (picked that one just for you), then be ready to back it up. I actually agree that what Amy Grant is doing is wrong, but I’m getting a vibe from a lot of posters here that they’re ready to cast the first stone (John 8:7).

The funny thing is, I’m guilty of shunning people, too, especially from the sports and entertainment world. I watched football every Sunday for 45 years until the NFL went woke. Haven’t watched since 2016 and don’t even know who is playing anymore.

Yup, I’m one of those your husband mentioned. Sure is more interesting than posting a bunch of affirmation emojis, isn’t it?

furyus

I should add, Wally, it’s furyus. A long time ago I had a girlfriend and a 1965 Plymouth Fury, and she nicked me Furyus George, the naughty monkey. I shortened it to furyus and kept it all these years.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I actually agree that what Amy Grant is doing is wrong, but I’m getting a vibe from a lot of posters here that they’re ready to cast the first stone (John 8:7).

Could it be that your perception might be off? And yes you are right, this is a discussion forum and that was exactly why this thread was created. You came to the forum and saw people discussing it. I didn't see anyone casting the first stone, but they did notice that what she is doing is not right as clearly explained above by the poster RestInHim.

Some people appease the world, conform to the world, etc. because they think that by doing so they will be liked, can witness for Christ, etc. by promoting or agreeing with the world. But you can't witness for Christ when you represent the devil. Homosexuality is the devil's work. Plain and simple. So it adultery, rape, and other sexual sins. None of it justifiable. It is all wrong. Repent to means to change your mind about something. It doesn't mean stop doing something. The problem is that this people who claim to be "gay" Christians are in general not repenting of their sins. They see nothing wrong with what they are doing. "God made me this way" they say. :ohno

God most certainly did NOT make them that way. The truth is they chose to be that way. They have fallen prey to the tactics of the evil one who roams around like a lion seeking those whom he can devour. Homosexuality is not natural or normal. Not physically nor spiritually.

We must tell people that. When we wink and nod to their sins we are participating in their sins with them. We are not telling them the truth. People need to be told the truth. Their eternal destinies are at stake. It actually would not be love if we did not tell them about their errors. We don't need to tell them with condemning words, but with the truth of God and with a genuine helpful tactics to see the truth.

It is important for the Church to see and speak about evil when we see it. It alerts others of "creeping" sins and deadly subtle attacks on the Church.

If we the Church do not do that, who is going to? The answer is no one. And that is what the devil is counting on. As the old saying goes something like "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (people) to do nothing!" :doh

furyus

Amy Grant professes to be a Christian and is sinning publicly. As has been mentioned here in this thread she has been asked to repent. I've read where she is defending her stance and publicly too. I don't see anywhere in God's Word where it says we as His children should be defending ourselves when we say that sin is o.k. or when we sin? She is doing this to herself it isn't us or other Christians who are doing this to her. We are all responsible for our own choices and behaviors and we all will be accountable to Him one day. Those who are confronting her are doing it out of love, for her, for Christ and His church and for the world who are watching to see how God's children are behaving.

God is faithful and we are called to be faithful also. We are to fear God not man. We ARE seeing a great many professing Christians departing from the faith and wanting their ears tickled.

I know that as for me, I will not compromise my walk with the Lord!

I am thankful that I have brothers and sisters on this Forum who will also not compromise and who also will speak the truth in love.

Yes, Jesus loves ALL sinners, but He is HOLY and He will not allow sin to enter Heaven and that is why He was around prostitutes and tax collectors. Because He loved them and was offering them forgiveness if they would place their faith in Him.

REMEMBER what Jesus said: "“Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” with the woman caught in adultery in (John 8: 3-11) and "“See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you” in (John 5) with the invalid at the pool of Bethesda. There are consequences to a sinful lifestyle and not just LGBTQ and we are commanded to grow in our faith. (John 14: 15) "“If you love Me, keep My commandments."

(Acts 20: 25-31)
“And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more. Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God. Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears."
I can’t say anything you’ve written is not true, but I can say I interpret things differently. When the Lord said “Go and sin no more” I don’t believe He meant go and live a sinless life. I don’t see how a sinless life is possible because of our nature. I don’t know about you, but considering the standard is holy perfection, I quickly fall into despair when I examine my own depravity, and I’ve been a Christian for 33 years. While I don’t defend what Amy Grant is doing, when I see some of the harsher responses to her behavior I have to wonder what sin has entangled her accusers. It’s why they invented the word hypocrisy. This I do know, Jesus Christ loves Amy Grant, and if she was born-again she will be saved regardless of how many gay weddings she hosts (and yes, there may be earthly consequence). I cling to this hope, because that means he’ll save me, too, in spite of myself.

Back