Do Not Fear the Times

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Good article. I do think we need to bear in mind that it’s far easier to trust God when times are more or less calm.

We have a Comforter who will assist us as needed when things are no longer calm. We're not always aware of all the assistance provided when it doesn't seem like we need any, but when we do need help, we'll recognize the presence and blessings of our Comforter.

kathymendel

I pray we are taken up before it really gets too bad. But, if we are still here to have to endure some stuff, and it continues to get worse,
I pray for all of us to stop nit-picking all of our differences in opinion, and begin focusing more on living each day with Jesus' example of
how He lived in human form.......... less like pharisees who see the speck in someone else's eye and can't see the log in their own.

Jesus accepted EVERYONE who came to him...........warts and all. He loved each one, no matter what their past held. He knew that even
after they accepted Him, they would never be perfect, that they would still deal with sin in their lives...........that their sanctification would
be an ongoing process all the rest of their lives here on earth. Only when He comes for us and gives us our new bodies will we be free
of sin in our lives. EVERY ONE OF US. If we think we are so holy and pious that we can judge our brothers and sisters, we are deadly wrong. He didn't really concern himself with the people who weren't seeking Him. He knows who are His, and who will become His, and those are who He came teach and to heal and to save. All He asks of us, the church, is that we live peaceably with each other, loving each other, doing good, and most importantly, sharing the good news of salvation with those who come into the sphere of our personal world, giving Him the praise when one of those accepts the gospel, and shaking the dust off our sandals and leaving when they don't. He never advocated beating non-believers over the head repeatedly, nor becoming involved in the political aspects of the world, nor bashing brothers and sisters in the faith and judging them............He went about the business of saving souls - one at a time - the whole time He was here. He did it with love and acceptance. Oh, that we as individuals would do the same. That was His ministry, and it should be ours, too. jmho

I pray we are taken up before it really gets too bad. But, if we are still here to have to endure some stuff, and it continues to get worse,
I pray for all of us to stop nit-picking all of our differences in opinion, and begin focusing more on living each day with Jesus' example of
how He lived in human form.......... less like pharisees who see the speck in someone else's eye and can't see the log in their own.

Jesus accepted EVERYONE who came to him...........warts and all. He loved each one, no matter what their past held. He knew that even
after they accepted Him, they would never be perfect, that they would still deal with sin in their lives...........that their sanctification would
be an ongoing process all the rest of their lives here on earth. Only when He comes for us and gives us our new bodies will we be free
of sin in our lives. EVERY ONE OF US. If we think we are so holy and pious that we can judge our brothers and sisters, we are deadly wrong. He didn't really concern himself with the people who weren't seeking Him. He knows who are His, and who will become His, and those are who He came teach and to heal and to save. All He asks of us, the church, is that we live peaceably with each other, loving each other, doing good, and most importantly, sharing the good news of salvation with those who come into the sphere of our personal world, giving Him the praise when one of those accepts the gospel, and shaking the dust off our sandals and leaving when they don't. He never advocated beating non-believers over the head repeatedly, nor becoming involved in the political aspects of the world, nor bashing brothers and sisters in the faith and judging them............He went about the business of saving souls - one at a time - the whole time He was here. He did it with love and acceptance. Oh, that we as individuals would do the same. That was His ministry, and it should be ours, too. jmho
Wow, this is a very powerful piece of spirit filled writing…thank you my Sister in Christ. Shalom….

Good article. I do think we need to bear in mind that it’s far easier to trust God when times are more or less calm. The world we live in is about to be turned into a hellish landscape by a relatively small number of psychotic political and societal elites, many of whom are almost certainly under demonic control. And when that happens, everyone’s mostly quiet lives will be turned upside-down. If we are still here, we’ll meet our faith head-on. I can’t even begin to imagine what it will be like for those who aren’t rooted in Christ.
The testing of our faith is probably not meant to be THAT EASY….and of course, these pressures probably are meant to separate the wheat from the chaff as well. We can all read about the great falling away of the church…it has to be. Hang on family…IN God WE TRUST!

Anxiety is such a struggle for me--both with the evil things happening in the world at large and the struggles in my own immediate life. Remembering who God is can be so hard. These posts are very helpful.
Wise words….finding comfort and encouragement in the body of Christ should be a given. After all, doesn’t the nose still need the ears?

Bethlehem57

Amen! He most certainly does.
This article bought the following verse to mind;

Isaiah 41:13
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand,
saying unto thee , Fear not; I will help thee.
This was part of this am’s worship:

Psalm 91
1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall [c]bear you up,
Lest you [d]dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will [e]set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With [f]long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

Back