Amy Grant to Host Same-Sex Wedding

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
From what I gather from reading the article ,
she does what millions of people do.
They present God's love in an unbiblical manner.
They twist God's Word.
They cherry pick .
They don't apply the verse (s) correctly .

All shrouded under the deceptive guise of
God's love.
God hates sin.
Homosexuality is not only a sin , but recognized
as an abomination .
God will not compromise His holiness
to make you "feel" comfortable in your sin (s).

I have no ill or judgment towards Amy Grant.
My conclusions are drawn from the Scriptures.
It is basic Bible knowledge that homosexuality is an egregious, abominable sin , and the dysfunctional salacious lifestyle that accompanies it.

Homosexuality is pure rebellion against a
holy, righteous, and just God.
Same sex marriage is the cherry on top .

No one who claims the name of Christ should
condone nor "downplay " the severity and gravity of this particular and popular sin .
Therefore, you should not host a same sex marriage . That should be obvious.
Oh, or partner with the pro-abortion Gates Foundation .
Which she (Amy Grant) did.

The Lord knows her needs .
I'll pray that they are met .
I'll continue to pray for those who are enslaved to this sin , and they see the errors of their ways .
I pray they turn from sin's clutches and towards the Saviour and embrace Him.
No hope outside of Jesus Christ.

Deception is quite rampant in these last days .

From what I gather from reading the article ,
she does what millions of people do.
They present God's love in an unbiblical manner.
They twist God's Word.
They cherry pick .
They don't apply the verse (s) correctly .

All shrouded under the deceptive guise of
God's love.
God hates sin.
Homosexuality is not only a sin , but recognized
as an abomination .
God will not compromise His holiness
to make you "feel" comfortable in your sin (s).

I have no ill or judgment towards Amy Grant.
My conclusions are drawn from the Scriptures.
It is basic Bible knowledge that homosexuality is an egregious, abominable sin , and the dysfunctional salacious lifestyle that accompanies it.

Homosexuality is pure rebellion against a
holy, righteous, and just God.
Same sex marriage is the cherry on top .

No one who claims the name of Christ should
condone nor "downplay " the severity and gravity of this particular and popular sin .
Therefore, you should not host a same sex marriage . That should be obvious.
Oh, or partner with the pro-abortion Gates Foundation .
Which she (Amy Grant) did.

The Lord knows her needs .
I'll pray that they are met .
I'll continue to pray for those who are enslaved to this sin , and they see the errors of their ways .
I pray they turn from sin's clutches and towards the Saviour and embrace Him.
No hope outside of Jesus Christ.

People need to stick to The :bible and quit compromising the word :bibleof God. Her husband is Vince Gill country singer, and he is assisting her in the same-sex marriage wedding. I am disappointed in him as well. I don't put my trust in people anyway we have a lot of pretender so-called Christians. They say they are but make excuses for going against God's sanctity of marriage a man and a woman. In God We Trust.

Last edited:

Eph611

People need to stick to The :bible and quit compromising the word :bibleof God. Her husband is Vince Gill country singer, and he is assisting her in the same-sex marriage wedding. I am disappointed in him as well. I don't put my trust in people anyway we have a lot of pretender so-called Christians. They say they are but make excuses for going against God's sanctity of marriage a man and a woman. In God We Trust.
It’s virtually impossible for these music and media stars to serve their egos and monetary self-interests and God at the same time.

madcat

One of the pitfalls of being a Christian entertainer is the lack of having a good solid church to belong to. For decades, Amy Grant and others like her travel from city to city performing upwards of 100 times a year. Their time is consumed with performing and they spend little if any time being fed the Word of God. Contemporary Christian music performers sing songs that are not always theologically sound, and in many cases, that is how their own personal theological worldview is formed. They come into contact with other influences and influencers who lead them away from the biblical Christian faith.

I believe she is genuinely deceived and has no one to whom she is accountable on spiritual matters. She is quite accomplished in her field, which tends to breed a certain amount of pride that will not humbly submit to instruction of any kind. In times past, she was confronted with her sin and was unrepentant. It is likely that the Bible is irrelevant in her life, now. It might take the Lord having to break her pride and humble her in order for her to see that she has been deceived. She is, to some degree, living out the words of one of the songs she used to sing: "Are You Living in an Old Man's Rubble?"
I agree with your assessment, and Nashville is RIPE for some massive “correction” in the music industry. There are a few who seem grounded who say they are believers, but the vast majority are given over to what makes them popular and successful in selling their music. When the mandate comes down (and it will) that ALL churches must perform gay “weddings” etc., then that’s where the rubber meets the road. The true churches will have to go underground.

I lost respect for Grant after her breakup with hubby #1, to marry Vince Gill. That was pretty “public” and ugly.

lismore

Yes. We know we're in the last of the last days because of the amount of deception from those who really should know better. A sign of the times, blurring the lines or presenting dubious things as laudable. Blurring the lines is a process not an event, sadly this singer is on a certain trajectory. I think all we can do is stay focussed, present the truth clearly, with gentleness and respect but clearly and without ambiguity. God Bless :)

furyus

Hey! I’m new here. Saw Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith a few years ago at Christmas time, and thoroughly enjoyed the show. You know what I’ve learned reading this thread? I surely hope I don’t sound as self-righteous as some of you folks come across. You might not be hosting same-sex weddings, and good for you, but the Lord had to die for your sins. There is none righteous, no, not one. Thank you for reminding me to be a little more graceful and loving.

furyus

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hey! I’m new here. Saw Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith a few years ago at Christmas time, and thoroughly enjoyed the show. You know what I’ve learned reading this thread? I surely hope I don’t sound as self-righteous as some of you folks come across. You might not be hosting same-sex weddings, and good for you, but the Lord had to die for your sins. There is none righteous, no, not one. Thank you for reminding me to be a little more graceful and loving.

furyus
I don't think anyone here is trying to be self-righteous as you are right, none of us is good. However, there is a difference between recognizing error and accepting error. We can't accept error in order to appease the world at the expense of worldly praise or acceptance.

The end times is described by the Bible as being a time where people "falling away from the truth" of the Bible. God's Word is clear. Homosexuality is a violation of God's order and established ways. Accepting ways that go against God's ways is not right. It is defiance to God.

If you want to accept ways that are contrary to God's order, then you can do that at your detriment. We are not going to appease the world here.

We love the sinner, but hate the sin. That includes our own sins. We hate our sins as much as other people's sins. We are not going to compromise on God's Word.

furyus

Thanks for the response, Chris, and for letting me in the forum’s front door.

I agree with everything you’ve written. I’d add that there is a dangerous line to avoid when we’re recognizing other’s error, and on the other side of that line is pride. I’m not going to quote examples, but some folks here write about Amy Grant as if they’re looking down on her from some lofty, righteous position. I recognize it because I’m guilty of it myself. You could say one of my spiritual gift’s is recognizing prideful behavior in others (I hope one of yours is recognizing sarcasm).

If you look at my username and avatar, you might conclude I’m not much of an appeaser. I’m usually pulling out my sword and lopping off people’s ears right in front of the Lord, and to the detriment of His purposes. I’ve read posts on this forum before, but never felt the urge to join in. I guess I felt a little sorry for Amy, seeing that she wasn’t here to defend herself. Ironically, I probably have less tolerance for all the woke nonsense engulfing our culture than most.

Thanks for letting me join in. I’ll just go poke around and serve as the Lord’s bee in everyone’s bonnet.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
You give us a very good reminder: We are admonished to be slow to anger, to judge with compassion, and consider our own state.

Fast and Furyus is one of those dents many of us have.

All of us need something rebuilt, and Jesus is the Master Mechanic.

But even more refuse to consult the Operator's Manual so that they can recognize problems before something breaks down.

Jan51

One of the pitfalls of being a Christian entertainer is the lack of having a good solid church to belong to. For decades, Amy Grant and others like her travel from city to city performing upwards of 100 times a year. Their time is consumed with performing and they spend little if any time being fed the Word of God. Contemporary Christian music performers sing songs that are not always theologically sound, and in many cases, that is how their own personal theological worldview is formed. They come into contact with other influences and influencers who lead them away from the biblical Christian faith.

I believe she is genuinely deceived and has no one to whom she is accountable on spiritual matters. She is quite accomplished in her field, which tends to breed a certain amount of pride that will not humbly submit to instruction of any kind. In times past, she was confronted with her sin and was unrepentant. It is likely that the Bible is irrelevant in her life, now. It might take the Lord having to break her pride and humble her in order for her to see that she has been deceived. She is, to some degree, living out the words of one of the songs she used to sing: "Are You Living in an Old Man's Rubble?"
Amy Grant started off good. She was ministering through her music in an authentic way early on. The problem is that most Christian recording labels were bought out by secular companies and that affected the culture of the contemporary Christian music. She has been sucked into the secular culture and she has made a lot of money in the process. Those factors changed her, as they do a lot of Christians. I think she is saved, but she has gone astray. She has hardened her heart against what the Scriptures teach. Money and culture can change a person and not for the better. Pray for her. She will stand before the Lord without excuse and will have to give an account for herself one day. I would not want to be in her position, especially if she dies in her unrepentant ways.
I don't see pride in this thread. I really like and agree with the two above posts. In this thread, I see concern for Amy and a warning to believers--to be careful whose music they approve and support with their dollars, to be careful who they promote by singing their music.

I am the pianist at my small church and I select the songs we sing--mostly hymns. We sing a few choruses and contemporary songs. I used to like "Thy Word" but stopped using it in church years ago, long before this incident, because I felt that using it was a subtle promoting or at least okaying of Amy Grant.

I love the hymns. They have stood the test of time and are often written by those mature in the faith, those grounded in the Word. There is some solid contemporary music out there, but so many of its composers/performers later go astray that I am just not interested in constantly checking on them. I feel that using their music sends a subtle message about them being OK, and I have a responsibility in my church to be careful to uphold the Bible.

RestInHim

We are called to be discerning and to know what His word says concerning sin and how He wants us to live. When it comes to sin I believe that in my own life I am to examine my walk with Him and work out my salvation with fear and trembling and not make excuses for my sin.

I fear too many Churches are not preaching on sin, cherry picking topical studies and wanting to bring people into the Church instead of Church being a place where we come to hear ALL of God's word and worship Him.

Sin is sin and as for myself, I hate my sin, I hate that I will continue to sin till He takes me home and I often times have to be careful not to veer towards a legalistic way in regards to myself. Some have a tendency to go the other way. But, we should study His word so that it does what it should! (2 Tim. 3: 16)

Yes, the battle is real, but someone who professes to be a Christian and yet walks away saying they can do what they want and not blinking an eye at doing it or making excuses for it, I question their walk, not their salvation. And, yes, we are to be loving, able to teach, kind, but also speak the truth.

The Bible's definition of love is not a "feeling" it is what is righteous and good! The difference between right and wrong. It is what God says it is, not man. Many today, even in the church are trying to change God's word to suite what they want and it's happening at warp speed!

As Christians we all struggle with sin (and through the power of the Holy Spirit we can overcome) but we are not to approve of sin, any sin and promote it.

As far as Amy Grant I am leaning towards believing she has fallen for a lie. I have heard her promote Jen Hatmaker's book and that to me is a red flag.

"Unavoidable question #1: Can a same-sex relationship be holy? Understanding the Jen Hatmaker controversy​

Two very significant and highly clarifying developments in the evangelical conversation about LGBT issues, the Scripture, and the Christian moral understanding of homosexuality: The first came from Jen Hatmaker who is a popular blogger and writer, along with her husband Brandon, and in an interview with Jonathan Merritt publisher religion news service she was asked about her support for gay marriage. She said,
“From a civil rights and civil liberties side and from just a human being side, any two adults have the right to choose who they want to love. And they should be afforded the same legal protections as any of us. I would never wish anything less for my gay friends.”
She went on to say,
“From a spiritual perspective, since gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, our communities have plenty of gay couples who, just like the rest of us, need marriage support and parenting help and Christian community. They are either going to find those resources in the church or they are not.”
This is not exactly as a surprise. Jonathan Merritt ran a news story concerning Jen Hatmaker back on April 25th of this year, it was headlined,
“Christian author Jen Hatmaker takes stand for LGBT inclusion.”
But the interview that was published just in recent days goes considerably further in terms of explicit support for the LGBT range of issues and same-sex marriage in particular, but going beyond what she had said before, in responding to a question from Jonathan Merritt,
“You mention faithfulness and God. Do you think an LGBT relationship can be holy?”
She answered,
“I do. And my views here are tender. This is a very nuanced conversation, and it’s hard to nail down in one sitting. I’ve seen too much pain and rejection at the intersection of the gay community and the church. Every believer that witnesses that much overwhelming sorrow should be tender enough to do some hard work here.”
Well, no question about the need for hard work here. The question is, has Jen Hatmaker done that hard work? Hatmaker has been a very popular speaker, especially in evangelical women’s conferences; her blog is read by many, and her books by many more. But what’s new here in terms of this second article by Jonathan Merritt, this one at Religion News Service, is the fact that Jen Hatmaker very clearly grounds her argument in a theological or a spiritual argument. Back in April of this year it was clear that she favored the legalization of same-sex marriage and the approval of those unions, but she went considerably further in this more recent interview with Merritt in which, as we said again, she said,
“Any two adults have the right to choose who they want to love.”
And then she said,
“They should be afforded the same legal protections as any of us.”"

https://albertmohler.com/2016/11/04/briefing-11-04-16

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
The world can vote what it wants. Compassion is something shared by all sinners - saved or not.
If laws are made to promote inclusion, or maybe just to prevent cruelty, well that is the society we must learn to live with.

We need to be merciful just as we have received mercy.

But God's Mercy (salvation wise) is predicated on our acceptance of His Truth.
Those who reject God's truth about homosexuality [ or any sin for that matter ] will neither receive mercy at judgment nor in this life do they want any for they do not see their conduct as sin.

But keep in mind Mercy is of God's character. Its always there. How it flows to us is effected by our response.
That sinners continue to exist is evidence of God's merciful character.
Praise be to God Who's Mercy endures along with His longsuffering as some may, in time, believe His Truth.

And again, repentant sinners don't just stop sinning.
First they agree with the Truth. They understand what sin is and change their attitude about it.
Then they see just how sinful sin really is and ask for forgiveness. Mercy then flows and the healing - rejuvenating process starts.
And that Mercy is to flow through us and to others around us.

From there New life in Christ begins and the process of sanctification starts. Its a life-long work filled with fails and blessings, difficulties and joys.

We who know Christ, understand the peril of sin. We struggle daily with its influence, it's effects on us and the world around us.

And because we agree with God, the world hates us because we would dare to call out as evil, those things the world not only condones but embraces.

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
We can have compassion on others, but we will not compromise God's Word. :thumbup

God's Word on homosexuality is clear. God does not change like man does. God's Word is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

For example, if someone gets AIDS from homosexuality, we will have compassion on them and treat them (medically) like we would want to be treated. But the moment they say, "Why did God do this to me?"

We will tell them the truth, "God didn't do this to you, you did it to yourself". :sad

God's Word told you not to do that, but you did YOUR will not HIS. :sad

We will NOT rewrite God's Word to fit the culture of the day. God's Word is timeless. It is Holy, it is Righteous, it is TRUTH! :nod

Me, You, or anybody else can't tell God how things should be. God tells US how things should be. I know some will not like that, but they can take it up with God if they don't like it.

My sins are wrong. EVERY single one of them. I make no excuse for them. They are ALL wrong. PERIOD. I am without EXCUSE.

I am only saved through God's MERCY and GRACE. I don't deserve it. Everyone has a choice to make. :nod

God's coming judgment is for unbelieving Israel and UNREPENTANT sinners.

I can't judge anyone. That is God's job and his alone. He will do that.

We are not to compromise God's Word to the world. God will NOT conform to the world. The world WILL conform to God's Word in the End. You can take that to the bank. :nod

Last edited:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
God's WILL is that none should perish but that all come to repent and to faith in Jesus Christ so they can be saved. He doesn't want anyone to be lost.

But His Word can't and will not be compromised. His Words and Ways are eternal. :thumbup

ChildofLight

We are called to be discerning and to know what His word says concerning sin and how He wants us to live. When it comes to sin I believe that in my own life I am to examine my walk with Him and work out my salvation with fear and trembling and not make excuses for my sin.

I fear too many Churches are not preaching on sin, cherry picking topical studies and wanting to bring people into the Church instead of Church being a place where we come to hear ALL of God's word and worship Him.

Sin is sin and as for myself, I hate my sin, I hate that I will continue to sin till He takes me home and I often times have to be careful not to veer towards a legalistic way in regards to myself. Some have a tendency to go the other way. But, we should study His word so that it does what it should! (2 Tim. 3: 16)

Yes, the battle is real, but someone who professes to be a Christian and yet walks away saying they can do what they want and not blinking an eye at doing it or making excuses for it, I question their walk, not their salvation. And, yes, we are to be loving, able to teach, kind, but also speak the truth.

The Bible's definition of love is not a "feeling" it is what is righteous and good! The difference between right and wrong. It is what God says it is, not man. Many today, even in the church are trying to change God's word to suite what they want and it's happening at warp speed!

As Christians we all struggle with sin (and through the power of the Holy Spirit we can overcome) but we are not to approve of sin, any sin and promote it.

As far as Amy Grant I am leaning towards believing she has fallen for a lie. I have heard her promote Jen Hatmaker's book and that to me is a red flag.

"Unavoidable question #1: Can a same-sex relationship be holy? Understanding the Jen Hatmaker controversy​

Two very significant and highly clarifying developments in the evangelical conversation about LGBT issues, the Scripture, and the Christian moral understanding of homosexuality: The first came from Jen Hatmaker who is a popular blogger and writer, along with her husband Brandon, and in an interview with Jonathan Merritt publisher religion news service she was asked about her support for gay marriage. She said,
“From a civil rights and civil liberties side and from just a human being side, any two adults have the right to choose who they want to love. And they should be afforded the same legal protections as any of us. I would never wish anything less for my gay friends.”
She went on to say,
“From a spiritual perspective, since gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, our communities have plenty of gay couples who, just like the rest of us, need marriage support and parenting help and Christian community. They are either going to find those resources in the church or they are not.”
This is not exactly as a surprise. Jonathan Merritt ran a news story concerning Jen Hatmaker back on April 25th of this year, it was headlined,
“Christian author Jen Hatmaker takes stand for LGBT inclusion.”
But the interview that was published just in recent days goes considerably further in terms of explicit support for the LGBT range of issues and same-sex marriage in particular, but going beyond what she had said before, in responding to a question from Jonathan Merritt,
“You mention faithfulness and God. Do you think an LGBT relationship can be holy?”
She answered,
“I do. And my views here are tender. This is a very nuanced conversation, and it’s hard to nail down in one sitting. I’ve seen too much pain and rejection at the intersection of the gay community and the church. Every believer that witnesses that much overwhelming sorrow should be tender enough to do some hard work here.”
Well, no question about the need for hard work here. The question is, has Jen Hatmaker done that hard work? Hatmaker has been a very popular speaker, especially in evangelical women’s conferences; her blog is read by many, and her books by many more. But what’s new here in terms of this second article by Jonathan Merritt, this one at Religion News Service, is the fact that Jen Hatmaker very clearly grounds her argument in a theological or a spiritual argument. Back in April of this year it was clear that she favored the legalization of same-sex marriage and the approval of those unions, but she went considerably further in this more recent interview with Merritt in which, as we said again, she said,
“Any two adults have the right to choose who they want to love.”
And then she said,
“They should be afforded the same legal protections as any of us.”"

https://albertmohler.com/2016/11/04/briefing-11-04-16
There was a lady I had worked with that followed Jen Hatmaker. She enjoyed reading her blogs and following her. Then the LBGetc. came up and she started questioning regarding the biblical view regarding gays. Another lady at work and I told her the Bible was definite about homosexuality, no ifs ands or buts. You do not support them in their sin.
These supposedly shepherds are supposed to watch over their flock to protect them from the wolves not lead them to the wolf den.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
There was a lady I had worked with that followed Jen Hatmaker. She enjoyed ready her blogs and following her. Then the LBGetc. came up and she started questioning regarding the biblical view regarding gays. Another lady at work and I told her the Bible was definite about homosexuality, no ifs ands or buts. You do not support them in their sin.
Christians are not to be people pleasers, but take a stand for The :biblebecause it is truth and the word of God always has the final authority.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
There was a lady I had worked with that followed Jen Hatmaker. She enjoyed reading her blogs and following her. Then the LBGetc came up. . .
A group of women who attend the same church where I attend are in a study group with me. I am their teacher, and I try to protect them from false teachers. Early in our meetings, I warned them about dvd driven Bible studies. The apostle Paul addressed the churches, and in one, he reminds them that they have observed his manner of living. All of us need to sit under teachers who we can observe their life choices. Of course, we all sin, but the general direction of the lives of our spiritual leaders should be lives of godliness, repentance over sin. We need to have walking examples of what God's Word says, what mature Christians look like in their daily lives. You don't get this kind of information about a teacher who flies into the nearest city airport, leaving her husband and young children at home, and standing with microphone in hand while she 'teaches' some sort of spiritual lesson to an audience filled with women twice her age. I've never signed up for one of these women's events, nor do I 'follow' them, nor read their high priced low value books during my 'quiet time'. The women in our churches have been poorly taught. They've been let down by those in leadership who invite these young Bible 'experts' who come to the church, take home a nice honorarium $$$, and sell several cartons of books, now signed by her on the inside cover. Is it just me, or does anyone else see the travesty of all this?

furyus

Cracks me up all the “thumbs down” my original post has gotten. Kinda in a roundabout way makes my point.
“Hey guys, getting a little prideful and legalistic here.”
”No approval for you!”

So what are you going to tell the Lord when you meet him? “I didn’t host any same-sex weddings like she did.”

These are lessons I need to learn myself. Thanks for accommodating me.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you've got a lot of people here who will not appease the world at God's expense. That probably explains the "thumbs down" reactions.

I guess your post came off as a little towards the appeasing side there to some people. But like I said, we do not hate the sinner, we hate the sin. All of us are sinners. There is not one that is good the Bible tells us.

That includes all of us. Me, You, etc.

Standing up for God's view is not hateful, sinful, or a terrible thing to do. It is the right thing to do. God's ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts.

The world is under the influence of the evil one. We should alert other or sound the alarm when false teachings, beliefs, etc. creep into the church.

One of the world lies that the enemy uses to promote LGBTQ stuff is by saying that "love is love" which is not true. It sound great as a soundbite. But it is a lie.

You can check out this link that I have on the main site that shows how "deadly" this "love is love" can be for those who don't know the truth.

http://www.healthhazardsofhomosexuality.info/

It would not be loving if we did not warn people of the deadly consequences of the LGBTQ lifestyles.

That's one of the main reasons we speak out like we do.

Back