Trump holds a celebration of the same-sex marriage law — at Mar-a-Lago

Amethyst

Angie ... †
:ohno I knew he has friendliness toward homosexuality, but I didn't think he would so openly and brazenly call for a celebration of it with a gala.

Scenes from a celebration of the same-sex marriage law — at Mar-a-Lago​

“We are fighting for the gay community, and we are fighting and fighting hard,” Donald Trump told a Log Cabin Republicans gala.

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Hundreds of guests in tuxedos of all styles — sequined, quilted, velvet — and colorful gowns sipped on Trump-branded champagne and martinis. Between courses of steak and bite-sized Key lime pie, they danced to “YMCA” and “Macho Man,” the disco anthems at Trump rallies.

Thursday night’s Log Cabin Republicans’ “Spirit of Lincoln” gala in the main ballroom of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago beachfront club was a joyous celebration of gay rights and — in a case of ironic timing — the historic same-sex marriage law signed by President Joe Biden days earlier.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/16/celebration-same-sex-marriage-mar-a-lago-00074441

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I am very disappointed to hear he is doing this. He has lost my respect!:gaahI hope DeSantis doesn't support this perversion. :puke

He supported the sexual deviant community while he was in the White House. Even so, despite his credentials I believe he governed more conservatively than any other President since Reagan, and had the interests of his constituents in mind when making decisions.

lightofmylife

He supported the sexual deviant community while he was in the White House. Even so, despite his credentials I believe he governed more conservatively than any other President since Reagan, and had the interests of his constituents in mind when making decisions.
Even so he made some good decisions he is going against God on his stance for celebrating the gay community as if it is something to be proud of. :tappingfoot Christians are to be pleasers of God not people.

lightofmylife

My point is he was supporting them all along. This isn't something new for him.
He is going all out having a big celebration at his house in Mar-A-Lago going against God and the marriage act. God is for marriage between a man and a woman only, and he destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah because of homosexuality. People are choosing whose side they are on God or :diablo

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
He is hoping to win the votes from the LGBT community when he runs in 2024 if he still does.

Folks running for office are running for office in this twisted world we live in. If they want to win they have to cast a wide net and make themselves favorable to as many constituents as possible. They're not running to be pastors or elders of a Christian church, but to be political leaders in this fallen world. I would expect all of us in the Body of Christ to be only partially comfortable with anyone running for political office who had a chance of winning. Just as we are dismayed with the darkness of this world, if a politician is not worldly, they're unlikely to win the position they seek, therefore we'll be at least partly dismayed by the things they say and the things they at least appear to support.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
:ohno I knew he has friendliness toward homosexuality, but I didn't think he would so openly and brazenly call for a celebration of it with a gala.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/16/celebration-same-sex-marriage-mar-a-lago-00074441
Is this for real? I'm going to wait till the other shoe drops. As all of us know, there's a lot of fake news out there today, and I'm going to have to read it from a few more sources. Though I voted for him two times, Mr. Trump is not my candidate of choice. Still, I personally think that any Democrat who 'might' be thinking of running has a lot to gain from a story like this.

twerpv

Folks running for office are running for office in this twisted world we live in. If they want to win they have to cast a wide net and make themselves favorable to as many constituents as possible. They're not running to be pastors or elders of a Christian church, but to be political leaders in this fallen world. I would expect all of us in the Body of Christ to be only partially comfortable with anyone running for political office who had a chance of winning. Just as we are dismayed with the darkness of this world, if a politician is not worldly, they're unlikely to win the position they seek, therefore we'll be at least partly dismayed by the things they say and the things they at least appear to support.
This may be true. However, a CHRISTIAN running for office ought to put God first and let Him decided whether or not he or she actually gets elected. If God wants a CHRISTIAN to win, they will. Period.

Back