Trump firmly behind DeSantis in 2024 Republican primary, new poll finds

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Trump firmly behind DeSantis in 2024 Republican primary, new poll finds
DeSantis, who was re-elected as Florida governor on November 8th, has been floated as a potential Republican challenger to Trump.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: DECEMBER 9, 2022

Former US President Donald Trump is 5 percentage points behind upstart Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll released Thursday. DeSantis, who was re-elected as Florida governor on November 8th by the largest margin of victory since 1982, has been floated as a potential challenger to the controversial Trump as a string of indictments and investigations shrouds his post-Presidential career. A similar poll of Iowa Republicans released in late November also showed that Republican voters preferred DeSantis over Trump as their first-choice candidate by a margin of 32% to 30%, respectively.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/international/article-724451

RobinMc

I personally will vote for DeSantis if he is in the primary. I believe that Trump will be assassinated if he runs. I stood behind Trump, but for his sake, his wife and children, I feel he needs to move on in life. That's not his personality, but he should pick a canidate to support and live the rest of his life in peace. The investigations would probably stop if he doesn't run, but if any Republican is elected, it's going to be the same thing.
My personal opinion only.

Andy C

The OP uses a questionable poll, but if that is close to correct, Trump has a problem. If more people are in favor of DeSantis running, and he has yet to declare, this spells big trouble for Trump. There are already reports of the party big donors begging DeSantis to run.

Florida, I dont know much about your LtGov Jeanette Nuñez, but she might soon be the Governor.

Florida law is written in such a way that if DeSantis declares his intent to seek the Presidency, then he would likely have to resign as Gov. However, the republican led state congress could change the law in favor of DeSantis not having to resign. Murky situation.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I personally will vote for DeSantis if he is in the primary. I believe that Trump will be assassinated if he runs. I stood behind Trump, but for his sake, his wife and children, I feel he needs to move on in life. That's not his personality, but he should pick a canidate to support and live the rest of his life in peace. The investigations would probably stop if he doesn't run, but if any Republican is elected, it's going to be the same thing.
My personal opinion only.
Now now you don't want those Simpson prophets being proven right in relation to Trumps death

Andy C

That's kind of a no-brainer that that's happening. The establishment republicans don't want Trump any more than the demonrats do. I expect they'd support anyone who they think could derail Trump from winning the party nomination.
Thats probably true, and at the same time, they want to back someone they believe can win.

As much as we all loved what Trump did for the country, its easy to forget all the things he didnt do. Trump is not a true conservative. He is his own party, and thats somewhere between the two parties, and also depends on which way the wind is blowing, and how it will make HIMSELF look. JMHO.

GEOINTAnalyst

I am still :praying we will be out of here before :rapture then.
I think we will still be here too many things have yet to happen -
The US must continue to decline until it is no longer a superpower - Israel will shift from the US as its main benefactor to the European Union due to US decline - The European Union has to complete its banking Union and Capital Markets Union - The EU has to move further along in the formation of its army, it must become more deployable then it currently is and needs a larger expeditionary force to be an effective fighting force. Currently they are still too weak and poorly organized, but they are improving that

Jaybird

The US must continue to decline until it is no longer a superpower - Israel will shift from the US as its main benefactor to the European Union due to US decline - The European Union has to complete its banking Union and Capital Markets Union - The EU has to move further along in the formation of its army, it must become more deployable then it currently is and needs a larger expeditionary force to be an effective fighting force. Currently they are still too weak and poorly organized, but they are improving that
I sure hope you are wrong and we are raptured sooner rather than later. The US is on a downward decline, but all it really needs is one big push over the edge to implode. The Rapture would likely cause the US economy to crash and this is all it needs to put an end to the US. There definitely seems to be something preventing a financial crash. With the amount of debt this country is in we should have been bankrupt years ago, but we are still here. Could the restraining force be the Church? The scripture does say that it will be like in the days of Noah. So life should be normal, then sudden destruction.

Matthew 24:38-40 "For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left."

daygo

Interesting points.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Nothing needs to happen before the Rapture occurs.
The Rapture is a sign less , imminent event.
Through the hint of the Scriptures, we are actually ripe and ready to roll .
 The world is making preparations for the Beast and his system, as well as dressing the stage.
The pieces of the prophetic puzzle are falling ever so into place bringing clarity to the reality of the times we are living in.
Until then , we'll continue to plow and till the field.

Sowing in the sunshine , sowing
in the shadows,
Fearing neither clouds nor winter's
chilling breeze ;
By and by the harvest , and the labor ended,
We shall rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves.

Back