US Soccer coach, player grilled by Iranian journalists on politics at World Cup

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ahead of the third group stage matchup between the US and the Islamic Republic, Iranian reporters had questions that had nothing to do with the game.
By BEN ZION GAD
Published: NOVEMBER 29, 2022

US Men’s Soccer team coach Gregg Berhalter and team captain Tyler Adams were questioned on political topics pertaining to US-Iran relations at a Monday press conference ahead of their much-anticipated matchup with Iran on Tuesday.

Ahead of the third group stage matchup between the US and the Islamic Republic – one that will likely determine which of the two will advance to the Round of 16 – Iranian reporters had questions pertaining to issues that did not exactly have any relation to Tuesday’s matchup.

The press conference featured Berhalter being asked “why he hasn’t asked the US government to remove a Naval ship from around Iran,” by an Iranian reporter, according to USA Today Sports’ Nancy Armour. Berhalter was further pressed regarding US immigration policies and why people with Iranian passports are subjected to restrictions on visiting States, to which he replied, "I don’t know enough about politics, I'm a soccer coach."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-723605

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Ahead of the third group stage matchup between the US and the Islamic Republic, Iranian reporters had questions that had nothing to do with the game.
By BEN ZION GAD
Published: NOVEMBER 29, 2022

US Men’s Soccer team coach Gregg Berhalter and team captain Tyler Adams were questioned on political topics pertaining to US-Iran relations at a Monday press conference ahead of their much-anticipated matchup with Iran on Tuesday.

Ahead of the third group stage matchup between the US and the Islamic Republic – one that will likely determine which of the two will advance to the Round of 16 – Iranian reporters had questions pertaining to issues that did not exactly have any relation to Tuesday’s matchup.

The press conference featured Berhalter being asked “why he hasn’t asked the US government to remove a Naval ship from around Iran,” by an Iranian reporter, according to USA Today Sports’ Nancy Armour. Berhalter was further pressed regarding US immigration policies and why people with Iranian passports are subjected to restrictions on visiting States, to which he replied, "I don’t know enough about politics, I'm a soccer coach."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-723605
What drugs are these Iranians on, why on Earth would they think a soccer coach knows about the deeper politics of Washington

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
I would ask them why they haven't rejected islam as a cruel and merciless religion,

of course their reaction would only prove what islam is.

Actually I would ask them how islam should treat women as their government appears to not be abiding in the faith.

Of course its likely I would not be in a muslim ruled country in the first place.

Back