AC confirms covenant, rapture “timing” question

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Very scary thought about the Bride of Christ having to endure the start of the OWG, but I agree we may get a taste of it. Ugh, the thought of say Gavin Newsom getting elected to help usher that in is terrifying! Him running against whomever we position on the GOP side wouldn’t surprise me.

I think we've been watching it develop beginning around the end of WWI. Not that scary yet but there's probably a ways to go. For me just another layer of govmint is too much to imagine. It's rough enough with the current layers of city, county, state, and Federal. But even now there's that other layer that's been trying to impose itself on the world. The latest thing from that seems to be paying poorer countries for climate change, and in Israel's case, condemning her for possessing her own nation-state.

lismore

If American Christians don't see persecution and all Christians get to watch the unfolding of The NWO from heaven, I will count us all sufficiently blessed.
Hello Katt. There might be several forms of persecution. In the West I think we're seeing deception in the church, especially from leaders, those who stand for the biblical standard are sidelined, cancelled, bullied or elbowed out. Subtle persecution but extremely effective. Like Jesus warning 'Watch out for Wolves in Sheep's Clothing' Matthew 7:15. An older couple recently started coming to our church, they were sharing in their previous Church of Scotland (they had been there for many years), the new minister described herself as a liberal, said she didn't believe in a literal second coming. The old couple our new friends did believe in the return of the Lord and experienced some measure of subtle persecution from the new minister. It began when they were no longer asked to serve in their church. God Bless :)

Aiyanna

I have no doubt we'll see persecution and may get glimpses of what is to come. But I'm pretty firm in the camp that the OWG will only fully materialize after Christians are removed. Right now Christians play a HUGE role in keeping a lot of the evil in check. The Democrats and far left-wingers haven't been able to succeed in everything they've been trying to do because of Christians still voting and fighting. Once we've been removed from the equation, along with the Holy Spirit, there will be no moral compass. There will be no apposing force on the chess board.
That's when, I believe, the ball will really start rolling.
Until then, we will see trying times. "Birth pains" and "signs of the times". There will be wars and rumors of wars. There will be famines and disease. We will see the love of many grow cold. We will see great apostasy and a falling away. We are seeing these things. But maybe they'll get worse... Or maybe there will be a time of silence. The Bible says we won't know the day or the hour. It also says it'll happen during a time when we don't actually expect it to... Maybe, just maybe, there will be a moment of quiet. A moment when the leader we voted for will be elected and we'll be so relieved that we'll have another 4+ years of good leadership. And then, just as things are getting on the right track. BOOM. The trumpet sounds and we're caught up. And the world descends into chaos creating fertile ground for a OWG to sweep in and save the day. They'll be like, "SEE?! We told you we were right all along!"

Obviously this is all hypothetical and we just don't know. But I really do believe we'll be out of here before there's any real OWG, because Christians are still playing too much of a roll in things.

Either way, today would be a good day to be raptured. :rapture

Last edited:

Set free 47

2 Thess. 2:1-4 (GNV) "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the comming of our Lord Iesus Christ, and by our assembling vnto him, That ye be not suddenly mooued from your minde, nor troubled neither by spirit, nor by worde, nor by letter, as it were from vs, as though the day of Christ were at hand. Let no man deceiue you by any meanes: for that day shall not come, except there come a departing first, and that that man of sinne be disclosed, euen the sonne of perdition, Which is an aduersarie, and exalteth him selfe against all that is called God, or that is worshipped: so that he doeth sit as God in the Temple of God, shewing him selfe that he is God.

The Geneva Bible [1560] is one of the most historically significant translations of the Bible into English, preceding the King James Version by 51 years. This version of the Bible is significant because, for the first time, a mechanically printed, mass-produced Bible was made available directly to the general public

The word for "falling away" is "apostasia", which can be translated as "falling away or departing". As you can see the earlier version translated it as "departing" -- Why? If you look at the whole context of 1st, 2nd, Thessalonians; its all about the return of Christ and "Our assembling unto Him". Paul does talk about "apostasy of the church" in his letters to Timothy; but here its about His return.

I believe the "confirmation of the covenant with Israel" will be his "revealing" and the "Body of Christ (The Church - Bride) will be gone. Sure, we may "speculate" as to "possible candidates" but it won't really matter. I agree he is probably primed and waiting in the shadows for that moment!

God Bless, Dan
Good point Dan. I am looking for the immenent return of the Lord to take his church-that's the very next thing I am waiting for. I'm not looking for another sign like the apostacy of doctrine.

Dave_97

I can’t wait to see AndyC and Timbers chasing each other around Heaven like the squirrels in my yard.
This comment is golden :ahaha . Ah man, sometimes we gotta thank God that even the disagreements and debates we have here revolve around the truth.

Whether or not the church sees the rise of the OWG, at least we are fortunate enough to know the truth about Jesus, and his soon return. Majority of born again Christian’s don’t even know this stuff and are living in fear.

I’ve come to realize, it’s God himself who intended us to know this stuff and gave us the heart and interest around end times topics. Your average Christian doesn’t not casually discuss this stuff.

Anyways, yea I can’t wait to see Andy and Mr Timbers hanging and walking around the streets of gold.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Obviously this is all hypothetical and we just don't know. But I really do believe we'll be out of here before there's any real OWG, because Christians are still playing too much of a role in things.
Aiyanna, I totally agree! Since the rapture could occur at any time, I think you've painted an extremely likely scenario.
We are all familiar with the passage of Scripture that says, 'when they say peace and safety, then sudden destruction will come.' Personally, I've come to think that this is what people will say when everything appears to be normal once again, and the 'right' candidate gets elected at long last.

Jaybird

As we all know the Scripture points to "the restrainer" (the Church) holding back the revealing of the Anti-Christ. How far along into this process is the subject of the debate. I hope it is "sooner rather than later." The Church has to be out of the way for this to happen. A common thought is that after the Rapture there will be a "gap" of time before the start of the tribulation in order for the OWG to solidify as a real entity. I'm inclined to believe that we will be out of here before the OWG forms. We see the building blocks being put into place right now for the OWG and Beast system, but the Rapture will be the event to make it a reality. Just my honest opinion for what it's worth. Come quickly Lord Jesus! (Tomorrow would be a good day!).

SarahRose

A lot of OWG, digital currency and potential MOB tech stuff has seemed to come to light just in the last few weeks, it seems.

I would not be surprised if someone is quickly making their way up in the ranks behind the scenes of all of this.

But maybe not. We could have a while longer to go. And in that case, more people can turn towards Jesus in the meantime, and go up with us when it’s time!

Andy C

Obviously this is all hypothetical and we just don't know. But I really do believe we'll be out of here before there's any real OWG, because Christians are still playing too much of a roll in things.
To quote Bill Murray from the movie Stripes “Thats a fact Jack”……;)

Lots of opinions but I have yet to read one on why someone believes the most evil future government ever can coexist with the Church or why the only details of the OWG are in the book of Revelation, well past the point where the church is raptured.

I do believe the world is moving fast towards a OWG, but IMO, that only means the rapture is even closer than many think!

I wonder what could cause the world to have a need to divide into ten kingdoms? Hmmm, what could cause so much damage to many countries all at once and cause a need for new global leadership? Its almost as if the answer to my question is in the name of this forum.

Time is short, how short….:idunno

Andy C

As we all know the Scripture points to "the restrainer" (the Church) holding back the revealing of the Anti-Christ. How far along into this process is the subject of the debate. I hope it is "sooner rather than later." The Church has to be out of the way for this to happen. A common thought is that after the Rapture there will be a "gap" of time before the start of the tribulation in order for the OWG to solidify as a real entity. I'm inclined to believe that we will be out of here before the OWG forms. We see the building blocks being put into place right now for the OWG and Beast system, but the Rapture will be the event to make it a reality. Just my honest opinion for what it's worth. Come quickly Lord Jesus! (Tomorrow would be a good day!).
Since the rapture does not trigger the start of the tribulation, but the signing/affirming of the treaty with Israel does, I think its safe to say there has to be some length of a gap. How long, who knows but Him. Just because the bible does not state there is a gap, does not mean its not there. We know from Daniel about the 70 weeks of prophecy, with prophecy being interrupted at week 69, and it been almost 2000 years of a gap between week 69 and week 70. Most end times teachers speculate of a gap after the rapture of several months to a few years at most, but long enough for the ten kingdoms to form.

MikeD

In the crazy unit I was a part of while in the military, we had a simple slogan that we lived by - NO HESITATION!! And I do believe that's exactly what the Holy Spirit is up to. No hesitation in getting the church in tune with Jesus and getting our minds off the world!!

We KNOW - according to the Word - God is not a liar! What He says is coming is exactly what WILL happen regardless of how we plan and move. God has - and IS - the final word! Could care less about a NWO or what ever. Jesus says I'm coming for you and take you home!! Till then contend in our faith and spread the good news of Jesus for all to hear!! Don't know when it'll happen but God's Word says it WILL happen. What more do we need to concern ourselves with!?!

Aiyanna

I do believe the world is moving fast towards a OWG, but IMO, that only means the rapture is even closer than many think!
That gave me chills. Just to think we could be so close to meeting Him in the air.

But I don't think even we Christians realize how much of an impact we have on things. Or even how much of a big role the Holy Spirit plays. It's so easy to look at world and feel like we don't make a difference. Oh we do (Well, God does through us). Even if all we do is pray, it's HUGE. And I think it's at least partly why evil hates us so much.
Us being gone will have a massive impact I don't think we even realize. Chaos will be like nothing before in history and people will be crying out for a OWG.

soundingthealarm

I got to sit one on one with a pretty renowned theologian in the late 90's and I asked him "in layman's terms, what will be like two major things to look for to know we are REALLY close?"

His reply: "We are not to look for the Anti Christ but only Jesus Christ, but we will see his stage being moved into place and there are two things that will cause the world to worship the man, so when you see global economies on the verge of collapse and when you see Israel being threatened on every side, you can know the time of eating and drinking and being merry is coming to a close."

Israel being reborn in 1948 was huge, but NOW they are pretty much threatened on every side and talk of being willing to sacrifice parts of THE PROMISED land in exchange for peace is all the rage PLUS the huge urgency to rebuild the temple. They are ripe and prepared to receive a man who capable of deceiving them for a time.

"Global Economy on the verge of collapse" seems to be only held in place by a thread.

IMHO "order out of chaos." - NWO The powers that be, that are hell bent on ushering in OWG will do so by total collapse and chaos and yet ONLY at the allowance of The Restrainer (Holy Spirit) exiting stage.

I just don't see the OWG being formed during the church age and I think the church age is pretty ripened right now for its conclusion cause it sure seems all of the things that invoke The Day of the Lord are ROTTEN to the core at the same time.

"As it was in the Days of Lot" "and as it was in the Days of Noah, so shall it be."

Can you imagine how swiftly things will change once the dynamic of Restraint is lifted?

Last edited:
Back