The Gay Celibate Christian?

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
S
........How can we know that unless we can determine when someone is of the brethren? ...
Start talking about Jesus and listen to them. You'll know.

They may say all kinds of things about "god", they'll stumble through a Scripture or two.... but they will avoid the Name above all names.
Unless its to blaspheme, it seems they have no problem with that.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I observe behaviors for any initial red flags but then I look for the profession of faith

A lot of people out there can talk the talk. Many of them are pastors leading large churches, for example. Of course, if you listen carefully, and are a Believer who feasts on the meat in the Word, you'll catch enough red flags spewing from those wolve's mouths to know.

rubyx1

rubyx1
Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

Repentance isn't improved behavior, IT IS at it pertains to salvation recognition of our need and BELIEF IN THE SAVIOR.

Repentace doesn't equal human perfection, it is the awareness of our broken state and that ONLY JESUS is our substituted perfection.

I totally feel for those BELIEVERS who battle that temptation because they are put in a special category with seeming less grace available but I'm pretty sure 70 X 7 doesn't have a sin category disclaimer.

I do understand as a culture the acceptance of such seems to be the fault of why we have so digressed as YET I would say just the opposite, I would say it was the unacceptance of being willing to UNDERSTAND that it was a real temptation to be dealt with NOT LEGALISTICALLY but by the Spirit of Grace.

THAT is how I have to win my battle as a husband and father in a culture with women wearing clothing to seduce eyes on every single turn ....I'm 55 year old male and since puberty that has been my battle and if it wasn't for grace and mercy and 70 X 7 I would of been made to feel hopeless.

The letter kills, but the Spirit brings life. If I hear a fellow believer have the gonads to confess to me, that is their battle, I KNOW for a fact that their carnal man sure didn't lead them to confess their weakness!! Cause our carnal man is at war with God. That is REPENTANCE its recognizing your wretched, blind and destitute and crying out to THE SAVIOR and trusting in HIS FINISHED WORK!!!

Now we can sure go ahead and talk about walking it out in discipline no doubt,....growing in grace and knowledge and walking in victory BUT don't throw stones at believers cause it seems worse than your self righteousness.

James makes it clear we are guilty of ALL SIN categorically ALL.

Thank God Jesus took ALL OUR GUILT and SHAME to the Cross and paid for it all.

*****This is talking about those who KNOW that is wrong and are confessing that weakness/battle, THE GROUP WHO PROUDLY SAY GAY AND PROUD CHRISTIANS is obviously not "repentant" but rather living in rebellion that would be like a single christian man saying he was going to choose to be "PROUD FORNICATING CHRISTIAN" or "PROUD ADULTEROUS CHRISTIAN" ...completely different mindset.
The last part of your post is about the groups that we are talking about. *This is talking about those who KNOW that is wrong and are confessing that weakness/battle, THE GROUP WHO PROUDLY SAY GAY AND PROUD CHRISTIANS is obviously not "repentant" but rather living in rebellion that would be like a single christian man saying he was going to choose to be "PROUD FORNICATING CHRISTIAN" or "PROUD ADULTEROUS CHRISTIAN" ...completely different mindset. This is exactly our point. It is not about throwing stones,not loving enough,not showing enough grace or thinking we are better because it is not our struggle/temptation. for them they have openely said it is not wrong/sinful and want you to be in agreement with that or here comes all the I am being attacked, or being hated on by these types and it is not just this particular thing. seems this is where the disconnect is.

MapleLeaf

Big difference between being tempted by sin and identifying yourself by the sin you are tempted with.

IMHO the Church plays a dangerous game by not getting this right.
THIS. People are being very unfair to faithful Christians by accusing us of being bigoted or unloving. The rest of us aren't allowed to identify as our big sins we struggle with. I am NOT an Anxious Christian. Anxiety is a big stumbling block for me but that is not who God made me to be. The opposite is true.

Back