Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States

bigmoose

A child of the King
This pains me to write this. ... but I thought I would share my thoughts after about a day contemplating what we saw last night. I have been a strong supporter of President Trump. That said, I have seen his temperament changing, and getting more stressed and sharp tongued, even snarky. I think the stress has "damaged" him... as it likely would any man. Six years of constant satanic attack upon him, his family and his companies.

I felt the announcement was premature by about 6 months and forced. I am afraid he is maneuvering to dampen the damage/effect of an indictment by the January 6 committee. I am also getting concerned about his age. He rightly or wrongly has become a lightning rod, and many middle of the road, reasonable people (that I know) are not comfortable with him. You need the middle ground to win elections.

I will reserve judgment and see how DeSantis carries himself in the coming months. I will continue to pray for our nation and that God gives us leadership that first and foremost honors God Almighty. We live in interesting times, to say the least.

Andy C

I wouldn't blame Desantis for not wanting to work so closely with Trump. Trump is a loose cannon and way too arrogant.
At age 44, IMO, the smart move for Desantis is to sit this election out, and if Trump wins the nomination, support him as much as he feels comfortable doing. This could set him up well for 2028. Going against Trump now will likely result in a scorched earth attack from Trump. On the flip side, I see DeSantis as a strong person who may relish the battle.

cheeky200386

At age 44, IMO, the smart move for Desantis is to sit this election out, and if Trump wins the nomination, support him as much as he feels comfortable doing. This could set him up well for 2028. Going against Trump now will likely result in a scorched earth attack from Trump. On the flip side, I see DeSantis as a strong person who may relish the battle.
I know I'm also in the minority, but I would love for Trump to just step aside. I'm just done with him. He did a lot of great things for us but I was so disappointed with who he surrounded himself with, how he supports LGBT, and how he pushed for the vaccine, and how he's attacking Desantis. Desantis is an awesome Governor.

I'm just done with Trump. I'm praying the Lord would raise up an even better candidate than him, that would unite more Christians around him.

TimeWarpWife

IMHO, Trump, DeSantis, nor any other Republican is ever going to get elected to the WH. The Demonrats have a sure-fire plan now on how to lie, cheat, steal, and commit major voter fraud wherever needed ever since the 2020 election debacle and the Supreme Court not having the spine to stand up and stop them. Then you have the Gen-Zers who bought hook. line, and sinker the lie that the legalization of murdering innocent babies had been overturned, so they went out in force and voted for Demonrats. President Trump announcing his run for POTUS again is moot ~ it's meaningless when the country is run by Demonrats who are supported with millions and millions of dollars from the likes of Soros and that FTX con-artist who himself gave the Demonrats around $40 million for this past "election" by stealing his investors' money. :furious Anyone who believes that the U. S. will do an actual honest investigation into this FTX con is suffering from a serious bout of delusion. You don't investigate someone who helped you keep control of the Senate and get the likes of neurologically damaged Fetterman elected. I am so sick of this evil, despicable world. :gaah

soundingthealarm

My hope and prayer is that during this time of The Restrainer, is to continue to see Him shine through those who'd seek to Honor Biblical Principles and for those victories to be celebrated for His Glory. IE the victory on Roe VS Wade. YET I expect to see all of His Work to be HATED by those who love the darkness and HATE the LIGHT cause their deeds are evil. It has been said that ABORTION drove voting numbers by the left and it makes sense that we would see that come to fruition more and more as I believe two hearts cries are growing. ONE by the Body of Christ "JESUS COME QUICKLY" and the OTHER shouting "TURN OFF THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!"

We have been blessed here in the USA and in the West to see Freedom govern for a long long time because "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom" and we have had many people and many years where that was revered/honored but sadly through lukewarm decades we have seen THAT mindset diminish tremendously and we are reaping the whirlwind at present time. I have voted for Trump TWICE and will probably a 3rd time, should the Lord tarry but my confidence in Him is tempered by the HUGE SNOW BALL of issues such as our national debt that I believe is past the point of no return of being a weapon of mass destruction against our National Sovereignty.

I have more confidence in the direction the Bible seems to assure we are headed and don't believe it will be delayed. I've been to more 2 Chronicles 7:14 prayer meetings in my life than I could ever count and none of those prayer meetings "healed our land" as I don't believe that was for any nation other than Israel and as of right now, I just don't see a revival this side of the Day of the Lord.

As a patriot I so LONG for America to be what it once was, as a Biblical Believer I don't think its something we see happening as I think we see that America is not even mentioned as an end time player and it seems that Globalism will overtake nationalism so through that view, I just trust THAT until the Restrainer is removed that He will continue to move in a way that Restrains what IS coming and we will see the Goodness of God in the land of the living until its our time to be called to "come up here."

What is alarming to me, is those who seem to think Trump DIVINE and are apart of the Q cult and are soooo consumed that he is going to be used to restore (kingdom now) America to being a christian utopia to the point they still try and insinuate he is somehow still in office and all of that type of jargon. Trump has done a lot of good things no doubt and he is by far and away representing a more sound mind of leadership for a sovereign nation BUT he did call for a two state solution and he did add trillions to that WMD of debt that is growing larger and larger by the day and I'm not sure in hindsight his operation warp speed was truly noble as it seemed at the time.

Israel wanted a king bad, when they already had Almighty God on the Throne, I think it wisest to just VOTE For sure but fervently pray and look to the Hills from where comes our TRUE HELP!!

Should the Lord tarry I would love to see a restraining righteous election victory 100 percent BUT it seems likely that all that would truly do is incite the hearts cry to epic proportions of TURN OFF THE LIGHT!!! I could see that be one of the reasons that God eventually answers their cry by giving up this planet to its reprobate mind and in so doing, removing believers from a place they are NOT WANTED and at the exact same time causing THAT PLACE to swiftly brought to nothing so in that light I do see it possible that we could experience one more temporary stay only to invoke a feverish lust for the light to be turned off!!

It seems to me, planet earth is one huge tinder box waiting for a match to be struck! Its grown too big for a president, THIS requires THE SAVIOR and ....

I think the prayer that is about to be answered is more in line with this!

Psalms 9:15-19
The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
16 The Lord is known by the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
Meditation. Selah
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
19 Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight.

Last edited:

TimeWarpWife

As others have said, my faith is in Jesus Christ our Savior and Redeemer, not any man ~ but especially not any politician. As I've posted previously, I once heard a psychiatrist say that all the politicians he'd ever seen or heard showed some kind of signs of being a psychopath ~ and boy did he hit the nail on the head with that diagnosis. :sad

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
My hope and prayer is that during this time of The Restrainer, is to continue to see Him shine through those who'd seek to Honor Biblical Principles and for those victories to be celebrated for His Glory. IE the victory on Roe VS Wade. YET I expect to see all of His Work to be HATED by those who love the darkness and HATE the LIGHT cause their deeds are evil. It has been said that ABORTION drove voting numbers by the left and it makes sense that we would see that come to fruition more and more as I believe two hearts cries are growing. ONE by the Body of Christ "JESUS COME QUICKLY" and the OTHER shouting "TURN OFF THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!"

We have been blessed here in the USA and in the West to see Freedom govern for a long long time because "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Freedom" and we have had many people and many years where that was revered/honored but sadly through lukewarm decades we have seen THAT mindset diminish tremendously and we are reaping the whirlwind at present time. I have voted for Trump TWICE and will probably a 3rd time, should the Lord tarry but my confidence in Him is tempered by the HUGE SNOW BALL of issues such as our national debt that I believe is past the point of no return of being a weapon of mass destruction against our National Sovereignty.

I have more confidence in the direction the Bible seems to assure we are headed and don't believe it will be delayed. I've been to more 2 Chronicles 7:14 prayer meetings in my life than I could ever count and none of those prayer meetings "healed our land" as I don't believe that was for any nation other than Israel and as of right now, I just don't see a revival this side of the Day of the Lord.

As a patriot I so LONG for America to be what it once was, as a Biblical Believer I don't think its something we see happening as I think we see that America is not even mentioned as an end time player and it seems that Globalism will overtake nationalism so through that view, I just trust THAT until the Restrainer is removed that He will continue to move in a way that Restrains what IS coming and we will see the Goodness of God in the land of the living until its our time to be called to "come up here."

What is alarming to me, is those who seem to think Trump DIVINE and are apart of the Q cult and are soooo consumed that he is going to be used to restore (kingdom now) America to being a christian utopia to the point they still try and insinuate he is somehow still in office and all of that type of jargon. Trump has done a lot of good things no doubt and he is by far and away representing a more sound mind of leadership for a sovereign nation BUT he did call for a two state solution and he did add trillions to that WMD of debt that is growing larger and larger by the day and I'm not sure in hindsight his operation warp speed was truly noble as it seemed at the time.

Israel wanted a king bad, when they already had Almighty God on the Throne, I think it wisest to just VOTE For sure but fervently pray and look to the Hills from where comes our TRUE HELP!!

Should the Lord tarry I would love to see a restraining righteous election victory 100 percent BUT it seems likely that all that would truly do is incite the hearts cry to epic proportions of TURN OFF THE LIGHT!!! I could see that be one of the reasons that God eventually answers their cry by giving up this planet to its reprobate mind and in so doing, removing believers from a place they are NOT WANTED and at the exact same time causing THAT PLACE to swiftly brought to nothing so in that light I do see it possible that we could experience one more temporary stay only to invoke a feverish lust for the light to be turned off!!

It seems to me, planet earth is one huge tinder box waiting for a match to be struck! Its grown too big for a president, THIS requires THE SAVIOR and ....

I think the prayer that is about to be answered is more in line with this!

Psalms 9:15-19
The nations have sunk down in the pit which they made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
16 The Lord is known by the judgment He executes;
The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
Meditation. Selah
17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten;
The expectation of the poor shall not perish forever.
19 Arise, O Lord,
Do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
The Q cult is bizarre. And what’s even more bizarre are all the Christians who have become part of it! I don’t mean nominal Christians. I mean seasoned Christians who have a very good grasp of the Word of God…

:confused

soundingthealarm

The Q cult is bizarre. And what’s even more bizarre are all the Christians who have become part of it! I don’t mean nominal Christians. I mean seasoned Christians who have a very good grasp of the Word of God…

:confused
I have a lifelong friend …have prayed together many times for our families and friends…who called me one night and he was sharing his profound conviction that Trump was still president and was emphatic that certain things would come to light and that Trump was anointed to revive America to be a city on a hill so to speak.

There are many who are convinced Trumps being used to expose the “Cabal” and shadow government and pedophilia and all of that almost to the point of a messianic complex.

I spoke up with my friend bringing to light major biblical no no’s IE dividing Israel and that Trump had called for that. You would of thought I shot his dog.

we are still close friends but he won’t talk it with me no more. It’s a very zealot like movement

Aiyanna

I won't lie. I'm kind of over all the speculation and back and forth bickering. Like him or hate him, I will vote for Trump on running heart beat if it comes down to choosing between him or another 4 years of Biden. Honestly, I'd vote for him if it came down to him or any Democrat.
I did not listen to his speech, so I don’t have an opinion on it. I put small value in speeches because people can lie like a rug while being smooth as silk.
Trump did at lot of good for the country when he was in, so I will base my vote on that.
DeSantis hasn't said anything about running and, until he formally announces it, I kind of wish folks would leave it alone.

Beyond that, God gave us the unique ability to vote in this country and He gave us the gift of free will. There is no such thing as a "perfect" president. All have fallen short and all will fall short in some way.
I intend to use my vote, as small and pointless as it may sometimes seem, to vote for lesser of two evils if that is what it comes down to. I believe Trump is a lesser evil to the US than the likes of Biden and his associates.
Ultimately, God is our hope and our eyes should always remain fixed on Him.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
And to the people who don’t agree with talking politics or that they don’t matter “just think about scripture only” why even read any of the political oriented threads if that’s how you feel.

I vote. In that way I'm a participant in the system. If I were more pessimistic I might stop voting, thinking my vote isn't gonna matter... a dominion machine might even take my vote and change it after I feed the paper into the machine. I like to try and stay optimistic. So I think discussing those running for office and discussing the issues is worthwhile. Hopefully one learns that way. When I read an article or post where the author says they don't care I think that we should care, we should vote, we should have some knowledge of the people and things we're voting for. When the vote doesn't go my way I don't expect to lose any sleep over it. I don't expect the worldly to see things the way I do and I presume the worldly are the majority on account of we currently live in this world.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I do see many becoming loyal to Trump which is very disturbing to see.

For the first time in my life I've been visiting a mainstream social media site (twitter) and even participating a little bit because I want to watch first hand how things go with Musk's purchase. I responded to one post that said something about Trump still being king. I responded more or less that we didn't need a king but people working together to make America great again, again. Between now and the election in a couple of years I won't be surprised if I'm accused of being loyal to Trump or looking to him as a savior, or some other thing like that. Sometimes support for a candidate for an important office can be easily misconstrued and on this Board I think that misconstruation occurred many times a little over 2 years ago and probably 6 years ago as well, but I can't remember that far back.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I have a question has anyone heard Ron DeSantis say he is considering running for President in 2024? It is very possible he is happy as Governor of Florida, and that is where he wants to stay. He may not want to be President or V.P. There is a possibility that Mike Pence may run for President so I am wondering who he and Trump would both pick for V.P?

Back