No One Knows The Day or The Hour

DanLMP

Does anyone else besides me wonder why there is so little in the entirety of the bible in regards to the rapture? One could argue the rapture will be the biggest event ever, yet it remains a mystery to so many.

The authors of the bible while inspired by the Holy Spirit could have simply stated in direct language “I will rapture all my Saints before the tribulation begins”. Thus, leaving no doubt about His intentions.

Why does anyone believe this did not happen? And yes, to those of us who study end times, the scriptures are there when all of them are taken in context, yet there is still much confusion even amongst those very strong in faith.

Operational security.

usoutpost31

I understand your point, but I still disagree. The entire passages of His Olivet Discourse is about the times in the tribulation and with His return at the end.

You could make the case that any verse in the bible is for all, but some verses were written to a specific group, and in this case, people during the tribulation.
It should be pointed out, the disciples weren't only asking about his return. Jesus had also predicted the destruction of the temple and they were asking him about that, too.

Luke 21 is a parallel passage to Matthew 24. Verses 20-24 would seem to predict the siege at Jerusalem and its people going into diaspora. And verses 12-17 seem directed to the disciples, as they experienced what Jesus was talking about.

I know the theory that Matt 24 is tribulation hour only, but I don't think it's been proven.

Andy C

It should be pointed out, the disciples weren't only asking about his return. Jesus had also predicted the destruction of the temple and they were asking him about that, too.

Luke 21 is a parallel passage to Matthew 24. Verses 20-24 would seem to predict the siege at Jerusalem and its people going into diaspora. And verses 12-17 seem directed to the disciples, as they experienced what Jesus was talking about.

I know the theory that Matt 24 is tribulation hour only, but I don't think it's been proven.
You are right, at the begining of His discourse, he did mention the temple, which is not in the tribulation. However, the debate was about the parables in His discourse, and about the signs of the times, and those are during the tribulation.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
With almost 2000 years to know the bible, Im guessing satan knows the bible far better than any of the church. If we can figure it out, Im sure satan also knows all the rapture verses.
Yup.
I bet you he is a pretribulation Rapture believer.
He knows his time is short.
He is the original snake oil salesman.
He is so slick he has many (including Christians) believing the world is flat.
He is so crafty he has many thinking with much confidence that God's eternal, thus PRESERVED WORD has been completely compromised and changed , therefore it cannot possibly be relied upon.
That old wicked serpent is quite cunning .
However, he is absolutely no match when it comes to The Lord Jesus Christ.
NONE!
His finality with fate is a Lake of Fire that burneth forever !

Maranatha!

He is not here, He has RISEN just as He said!
I agree that Matthew 24 is concerned with the second Advent. I disagree, though, that the parables Jesus told were only meant for one specific generation, not even for the disciples whom he spoke to, and who recorded and preached the same words.

Jack interpreted those parables in their most literal sense, and seemed to overlook that Jesus often used harsh language or examples in his other recorded speeches and parables. Because he was speaking to an uncomprehending generation, he had a need to hammer home the point he wanted to make, not gently or subtly.

The disciples were instructed to watch for his return, as were the churches that the New Testament letters were sent, including the seven churches of Revelation. And that was the first century. If they were to watch, surely the rest of us are too.

Mark 13:37 "And what I say to you, I say to everyone, "keep watch!"

Then the parables that Jesus spoke in Matthew 24 are meant for everyone, too.
I agree. I believe some of these prophecies have what I call "dual purpose", meaning they can be ascribed to both the rapture (i.e. coming like a thief in the night) AND the second coming.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
With almost 2000 years to know the bible, Im guessing satan knows the bible far better than any of the church. If we can figure it out, Im sure satan also knows all the rapture verses.

Except that satan doesn't have the Spirit of God in him to aid in understanding Scripture. But yeah, satan probably has more use of his brain than we have of ours. Still, he might be missing the target on a few things.

Andy C

Except that satan doesn't have the Spirit of God in him to aid in understanding Scripture. But yeah, satan probably has more use of his brain than we have of ours. Still, he might be missing the target on a few things.
That is a key point. However, the dark one has been around many centuries, and was probably watchful of the authors in the bible, possibly being right there as it was written.

faizz

Jesus will come at a time that you do not expect.
Luke lists what happened to Jesus when he first visited, and what will happen to him when he returns.
When he first visited he suffered many things and was rejected by this generation.
When he returns he will suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
He comes like a thief in the night and no one is expecting him.

Jesus Foretells His Death
21 And he strictly charged and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.”
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Lk 9:21–22.

The Coming of the Kingdom
24 For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day. 25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles, 2016), Lk 17:24–25.

Jeff K

Perhaps the reason we don't have more detailed Scripture of the rapture is because of our ability to become so heavenly minded, that we become no earthly good.

I know that Mark 5:18-20 are not verses in reference to the rapture, but I sometimes think that just like the demon possessed man who begged to get in the boat to be with Jesus, we who long to be taken out of this world in the twinkling of an eye and to be with Jesus, are being told - No, but go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He had compassion on you.

Just like us, Satan does not know the day or the hour Christ will come for His bride - So I believe Satan is feverishly working to destroy as many people as He can beforehand. So should we be working to see as many saved beforehand - could be today!

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I see your point and Andy's point.
When Jesus gave up His life on the cross, did satan know He would rise again in 3 days? Or did the evil one think he had *won*? He entered Judas to betray Jesus. Of course we can't comprehend satan's store of knowledge and evil.

Andy C

When Jesus gave up His life on the cross, did satan know He would rise again in 3 days? Or did the evil one think he had *won*? He entered Judas to betray Jesus. Of course we can't comprehend satan's store of knowledge and evil.
Good points by you and the soon to be former Alaskan Iceman.

From Jack

Question: You’ve said that Satan didn’t know God planned on Jesus being put to death for our sins or he would have done everything in his power to stop it. Isaiah 53 is a prophecy of Jesus’s payment for our sins, so how is it possible that Satan didn’t know God’s plan of redemption prior to the Crucifixion? Didn’t he read the Bible?

Answer: Remember, the Jews were already God’s people and that’s who Isaiah 53 was written to. But when Jesus went to the cross He went for the Gentiles as well, and that’s something Satan never expected.

In 1 Cor. 2:6-8 Paul was speaking to gentiles, saying that God had kept that part secret and none of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. The phrase “rulers of this age” refers refers to Satan and Company (2 Cor. 4:4, 1 John 5:19).

By opening the door to salvation for the Gentiles, God had made it possible for every human on earth to escape Satan’s grasp.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/what-did-satan-actually-know/

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

It was more of a thought than anything. As smart as satan surely is, I wonder if it's possible that in his deeply hate filled fallen state he misses the crux of the Word. Even though Jesus was before satan, did satan understand that Jesus is God when satan offered him the unimpressive kingdoms of the world in return for worshiping him? Did he not understand that Jesus created all things, including the covering angel lucifer?

Col 1:16

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
That is a key point. However, the dark one has been around many centuries, and was probably watchful of the authors in the bible, possibly being right there as it was written.

It was more of a thought than anything. As smart as satan surely is, I wonder if it's possible that in his deeply hate filled fallen state he misses the crux of the Word. Even though Jesus was before satan, did satan understand that Jesus is God when satan offered him the unimpressive kingdoms of the world in return for worshiping him? Did he not understand that Jesus created all things, including the covering angel lucifer?

Col 1:16
Interesting point. I have thought about that numerous times.
Jesus created Lucifer.
Jesus created Lucifer as a cher'-ub.
An anointed cher'-ub that covereth..

Ezekiel 28:14-15
Thou art the anointed cher'-ub that covereth;
and I have set thee so: thou wast upon
the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked
up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the
day thou wast created , till iniquity was
found in thee.

He wasnt created as an angel.
The Bible never states he is an angel , only that he transforms into an angel of light .
The Bible states he was a created cherub.

Angels are angels,
Seraphims are seraphims,
Cherubs are cherubs,
and humans are humans , EXCEPT we were created ...
Genesis 1:26
And God said , Let us make man in our
image , after our likeness: and let them
have dominion over the fish of the sea , and over the fowl of the air , and over the cattle ,
and over all the earth , and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Man is the Crown Jewel of ALL God's creations!
The apex !

Hmmm... that could make one (non man) jealous and cut to the heart , and filled with pride...
That "one" would have to choose of course to think that way and act in likewise manner.

Back