Report: Biden Admin. won't work with Ben-Gvir

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ben-Gvir could become the first Israeli minister to be boycotted by the US government.
Israel National News
Nov 2, 2022

The Biden Administration is likely to refuse to work with Otzma Yehudit chairman Itamar Ben-Gvir if he becomes a minister in Israel's next government, Axios reported. Two US officials said that no final decision has been made yet, but the administration is likely to boycott Ben-Gvir, who would become the first Israeli minister the US government would refuse to work with. Ben-Gvir has expressed a desire to serve as Public Security Minister, a position which would make him responsible for the Israel Police and the policy in the holy places in Jerusalem, including the Temple Mount and the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362145

jab777

Ben-Gvir could become the first Israeli minister to be boycotted by the US government.
Israel National News
Nov 2, 2022

The Biden Administration is likely to refuse to work with Otzma Yehudit chairman Itamar Ben-Gvir if he becomes a minister in Israel's next government, Axios reported. Two US officials said that no final decision has been made yet, but the administration is likely to boycott Ben-Gvir, who would become the first Israeli minister the US government would refuse to work with. Ben-Gvir has expressed a desire to serve as Public Security Minister, a position which would make him responsible for the Israel Police and the policy in the holy places in Jerusalem, including the Temple Mount and the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362145
Just who does this administration think they are? They’ve no right to dictate who Israel can and cannot have in leadership. I gather that Ben-Gvir is in favor of giving Jews priority at the holy places.

GHoe

I'm interested in learning more about this Ben Gvir guy. D gow much influence he will yield. From what I've seen he is the head of the Otzma Yehudit party which is part of the religious zionist party. Most knessetbseats they held previously was 2/120, so this is pretty big out of no where rise.

When I looked up the Otzma Yehudit party (Wikipedia, I know.. ) it stated the following : "Otzma Yehudit is the ideological descendant of the outlawed Kach party. The party advocates for the deportation of those who they consider to be the "enemies of Israel", and the leader Itamar Ben-Gvir was associated with the original Kach movement, though Itamar Ben-Gvir states he now disagrees with the stance of deporting all Arabs from Israel."

Extremely nationalistic and and anti Arab it appears. I will be eager to see how this plays out keeping history in mind.

Back