Israel to sell natural gas to Europe, other hooks in their jaws

paul289

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-eu-egypt-agree-deal-to-export-natural-gas-to-europe/

A potential source of spoil for Russia and others to be jealous of is coming to fruition.

However, I'm not sure that Russia will be all that affected by the loss of business with Europe, unless China's economy collapses and their demand for oil drops. Even if that does happen, will taking Israel's gas help Russia? Europe likely still won't buy Russia's oil.

Perhaps more likely is that Solomon's treasures are discovered. There's been lots of rumors created by instructions given on the Copper Scroll from Qumran that there are massive buried treasures within the Qumran complex. If Russia ends up getting tapped out in a war of attrition with Ukraine, then a defeat of Israel's neighbors that gives Israel full control of Qumran and the subsequent unearthing of the treasures could prompt Russia and some Muslim allies to take the treasures, whether because they want to gain wealth or to erase Israel's claim to it. After all, Ezekiel 38:13 mentions the nations standing aside asking if Israel's enemies are coming for silver and gold.

GHoe

I was looking at the name of the gas field that's the main focus of the recent maritime deal with Lebanon. The Qana has field.

I looked up the word Qana and it's meaning in Hebrew and here it is :

Definition. to envy, be jealous, be envious, be zealous. (Piel). to be jealous of; to be envious of; to be zealous for; to excite to jealous anger.

Pretty interesting. I See Gog being jealous to anger as a hook in the jaw. Pride is hard to steer clear of and leads many to their own demise as Ezekial 38 & 39 foretells.

GHoe

There is actually quite a long study of the word online. The word has a negative connotation but it also has a positive connotation when applied to God it could be used as full of zeal or righteous zeal. See below for further explanation :

"When God is the subject of the verb qana', the meaning is "be zealous," and the preposition le ("to, for") is used before the object: His holy name (Eze_39:25); His land (Joe_2:18); and His inheritance (Zec_1:14). Cf. Zec_8:2 : "This is what the Lord Almighty says: I am very jealous for Zion; I am burning with jealousy for her" (NIV), where we must interpret "jealous[y]" as "zealous" and "zeal."

Pretty fascinating. (If Im allowed to post a link to the in depth Qana word breakdown, Chris can advise and I will do so but if not, you can find it ;) )

athenasius

I was looking at the name of the gas field that's the main focus of the recent maritime deal with Lebanon. The Qana has field.

I looked up the word Qana and it's meaning in Hebrew and here it is :

Definition. to envy, be jealous, be envious, be zealous. (Piel). to be jealous of; to be envious of; to be zealous for; to excite to jealous anger.

Pretty interesting. I See Gog being jealous to anger as a hook in the jaw. Pride is hard to steer clear of and leads many to their own demise as Ezekial 38 & 39 foretells.
There is actually quite a long study of the word online. The word has a negative connotation but it also has a positive connotation when applied to God it could be used as full of zeal or righteous zeal. See below for further explanation :

"When God is the subject of the verb qana', the meaning is "be zealous," and the preposition le ("to, for") is used before the object: His holy name (Eze_39:25); His land (Joe_2:18); and His inheritance (Zec_1:14). Cf. Zec_8:2 : "This is what the Lord Almighty says: I am very jealous for Zion; I am burning with jealousy for her" (NIV), where we must interpret "jealous[y]" as "zealous" and "zeal."

Pretty fascinating. (If Im allowed to post a link to the in depth Qana word breakdown, Chris can advise and I will do so but if not, you can find it ;) )

I appreciate that, thank you!

Names are definitely significant when they show up in the Bible and I also think when they show up in Israel nowadays.

Bethlehem57

Interesting! Thanks for that!

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
When you identify an enemy, one of the best places to strike is his stomach.

The EU/NATO is a threat to USSR. With the pipelines cut and switching to other sources, the strategy to put the EU on an IV drip of morphine/oil/gas has been thwarted.
USSR has found it has little control of the EU now.

But with an energy switch to Israel, it creates a whole new scenario.

Again if you want to weaken your enemy, destroy its energy sources. Hence the current attack on Ukraine's power grid.

As for Europe, using Turkey and other islamic sites as proxies, attack the Med gas sources. Yep. This one plays in nicely.

And NATO will not stand another attach on its energy supply.

athenasius

The Bible says that God will put a hook in the jaw of Gog and draw him back down to Israel. I'm just curious as to when Gog was down in Israel before. Has that happened yet?
Actually that isn't quite what the text says. It's not draw him "back down to Israel" It is "I will TURN YOU AROUND"

To be turned around to invade Israel Gog has to be facing north towards home at the time the hook is applied. That suggests Gog is on the way home when this idea comes to him.

To answer your question has Gog ever been down in Israel before, no there hasn't been any time in history where Russia has invaded Israel.

They've invaded Syria, and have a permanent presence there right now, and Syria is the northern border of Israel so they are actually occupying land right next to Israel to the north. That is significant.

They are actively at war in Ukraine, which is north of Turkey and in the southern reaches of the former USSR-- the lands of Magog where the Scythian tribes settled and formed the group called Magog. That is significant too.

But they live in the FURTHERMOST parts of the north and the farthest country north of Israel is Russia. Gog is facing north when God turns him around to look south to Israel.

Here it is in the NIV Ezekiel 38:3-4

"3 and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal.

4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords."

God is saying He will turn Gog around and put hooks in the jaws etc, bringing Gog down into Israel.

The implication is that Gog is facing north-- his focus is towards his homeland.

God turns him around facing Israel in the opposite direction.

BUT v15 says the invasion force is coming from Gog's home in the far north so Gog is back home or heading home at the time, and his focus is due north when that hook to his jaw turns him around.

Some time elapses for Gog to get the troops ready and the allies he will command in the invasion so he gets home and launches the invasion. " 15 You will come from your place in the far north"

Vs 10 here "10 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme."

That says that there is a certain day coming when thoughts will come into Gog's mind and he will devise an evil scheme. This is the hook.

vs 11- 13 explain what Gog will think. It's invasion and attack, to steal and harm. The merchants of Tarshish, plus the Arabic areas of ancient Sheba and Dedan which we could summarize as the Abraham Accords realize exactly what Gog is up to and say so.

11 You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars. 12 I will plunder and loot and turn my hand against the resettled ruins and the people gathered from the nations, rich in livestock and goods, living at the center of the land.” 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all her villages will say to you, “Have you come to plunder? Have you gathered your hordes to loot, to carry off silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods and to seize much plunder?”’

Next in v 14-15 God explains more about that day that the hook is applied, when Gog notices Israel living in safety. It's a particular time. It ALSO points out that the invasion comes from Gog's place in the far north.

14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: In that day, when my people Israel are living in safety, will you not take notice of it? 15 You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army.

Because of the directional sense given in the text-- Gog is focused on the north, on home when this hook comes it does suggest that Gog was just recently in the south, but not as far south as Israel. He turns to go home, the hook pulls him around.

Armies aren't gathered in an instant and I think the passage may suggest that Gog's first thoughts of invading Israel come to him as he is facing home, northwards.

I think that may suggest Gog has been active somewhere south of Russia (Ukraine and or Syria-- but NOT Turkey because Turkey is listed as an ally in the invasion) but still north of Israel when this hook pulls him around and instead of looking to home, Gog is now looking at Israel and seeing the possibilities.

He gets ready (he has to gather and coordinate several other countries, Iran, Turkey, Libya (Put) and the Sudan (Cush) as well as others) so that invasion force is gathered and when it comes, it's coming from the north.

I think it was Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum who pointed out that the text is very specific about the farthest point north so this means Russia.

Hope that helps. It's a fascinating scripture and prophecy.

Back