Sometimes feeling discouraged and weary.

katt

I enjoy reading the posts here. I often find them encouraging and uplifting. But lately it has been difficult to keep my hopes up for the Rapture occurring soon. Thoughts pop in my head like, "it took God nearly 200 years before He rescued the Jews in Egypt", etc. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it. Prayer often doesn't work. Thanks!
Actually..it was 400 years.. that time they weren't even being punished.. when they were in Babylon they were being punished..and he didn't even keep them there for the whole 70 years.. that's what the 7 year tribulation period is all about..only God knows how his mind works..I just accept it and keep on occupying til he calls me home one way or the other..

penbrat

Actually..it was 400 years.. that time they weren't even being punished.. when they were in Babylon they were being punished..and he didn't even keep them there for the whole 70 years.. that's what the 7 year tribulation period is all about..only God knows how his mind works..I just accept it and keep on occupying til he calls me home one way or the other..
When it comes down to it, that's all we can do. But some days it is so hard.....

glc11

What a great thread! I don't know how I missed it previously! I found it so comforting to see how we all feel the same way. I also never saw that CNN article. Just read it. Definitely made me mad that this person runs that Tik Tok leading kids astray to make fun of rapture believers.

However, as I have shared in the past, I did belong to a very legalistic/calvanistic church for quite a period of time and have emotional wounds from that (as do my husbnd and kids). I know many of us could rip up that article bit by bit, not necessary because we all know what is wrong with it.

Anyway, I found this to be a very nice thread to read through at the start of the day :)

Hallelujah

Agreed. All of the readings that I have read thus far ( Disclaimer: I haven't read everything in the Bible) doesn't explicitly state the "when" the rapture will occur. This is a belief. I chose to believe this way based on past events of deliverance in the Bible. I welcome debate. Especially, that which references Bible verses.

I realize now that I should have mentioned "it is my belief" - "The rapture is the next major event that is to happen before the tribulation."

Thank you so much Andy for sharing.

daygo

What a great thread! I don't know how I missed it previously! I found it so comforting to see how we all feel the same way. I also never saw that CNN article. Just read it. Definitely made me mad that this person runs that Tik Tok leading kids astray to make fun of rapture believers.

However, as I have shared in the past, I did belong to a very legalistic/calvanistic church for quite a period of time and have emotional wounds from that (as do my husbnd and kids). I know many of us could rip up that article bit by bit, not necessary because we all know what is wrong with it.

Anyway, I found this to be a very nice thread to read through at the start of the day :)
Yes, for me at moment am thinking so tired and fed up, just going to keep my eye on news and wait, wait, wait. Waves on the seashore comes to my mind.

cheeky200386

It always surprises me when people say- I want to have children (or grand-children). For me personally, if I were in the childbearing years in this day, I don't believe I would want to bring a child into it. I would truly fear for the child.
I'm pregnant now and am trusting in the Lord with our lives. I also have a 19 month old toddler and I can't imagine not having all the moments of joy we've already had together. I'm guilty of letting fear take over but it's not of God.

Hallelujah

This is a belief. I chose to believe this way based on past events of deliverance in the Bible.

Here is some scripture to help support my belief in a pre-tribulation rapture. Rapture (word given by man to describe the following event).

KJV 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17

14 - "For if we belive that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him"

15- "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16- "For the Lord himself shall decend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

17- "Then which we are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so we ever be with the Lord."

KJV 1Thessalonians 5:9 - "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation but our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Channah

I do get weary too waiting on the rapture then my mind wanders; what if the rapture occurs in the beginning of the 7000 year reign? What if more evil still has to be revealed, like half man, half androids or whatever or scientists mating human eggs with animal eggs in Petri dishes, what if there are more things that humans will use artificial intelligence to create more evil?

I don't know but one day at a time, like TT says.

cshere

I know that waiting is so hard and many times we feel weary and discouraged. I am right there with you....but, as this thread is doing, we are to encourage others with the comfort of our Lord.

What a beautiful thing the Lord is allowing for us to participate in....comforting the people He comforts with His word....truth and life!

I was reading again Psalm 22....so many people take this only to say Christ was shocked at the effect of the cross and was crying out in sort of a plea of questioning....I don't think so. I think His agony was very real and it was the hardest kind of separation for Him, but, at the same time, I think He cried out that verse to lead us to the total Comfort and Confidence of the REST of the Psalm...Yes, the total revelation of the effect of sin is there, but, the total revelation of our Salvation and Love of the Lord for us is there, too!

He may wait until the VERY LAST nanosecond of anyone's endurance, but, He will come and take us at the exact time that will give the Lord the most glory and, once again, display His total salvation to the very bulls of Bashan and to the world...as well as to us who are still believing. And, it will be the exact nanosecond that we will understand the maturity and spiritual warfare that He has had in mind for us who wait and stand....keep looking up in hope...

Hallelujah

Secondly, prayer always works. God always hears. Sometimes he doesn't give us what we ask for right away. It may be, a week later, maybe 10 years later. If you are praying for something and asking for something that is not his will. It will not happen.

I am posting this as clarification to what I posted earlier on this forum. As I continue to read and learn more about the word of God, my views on prayer in general have changed. Please see below and I will likely make a separate post for this at a later date so that it can be easily findable under its appropriate subject description.

Mathew 21:22

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Matthew 18:19

"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven"

Psalms 66:18 NKJV

If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.

James 4:3

You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

Harboring sin in the heart, selfishness, and unbelief leads to unanswered prayer.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Philippians 4:6-7

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your heats and minds though Christ Jesus.

lismore

Yes, for me at moment am thinking so tired and fed up, just going to keep my eye on news and wait, wait, wait. Waves on the seashore comes to my mind.
Many of us here feel the same. I heard news, my cousin is getting married, to a lady not only not a Christian but hostile to the faith. He says he's a believer, most of his family members are delighted for him (they say they're believers). Myself and a couple of other family members are wondering how can this be? But one Aunt is saying 'she's not a believer........yet!'- denial? How can this be? Are there any believers left? No-one who understands? So what to do when I meet him- congratulate or be the first to ask about being unequally yoked? It's not only the waiting that's hard, it's the feeling that we're getting fewer. RF is such a blessing. God Bless All :)

daygo

Many of us here feel the same. I heard news, my cousin is getting married, to a lady not only not a Christian but hostile to the faith. He says he's a believer, most of his family members are delighted for him (they say they're believers). Myself and a couple of other family members are wondering how can this be? But one Aunt is saying 'she's not a believer........yet!'- denial? How can this be? Are there any believers left? No-one who understands? So what to do when I meet him- congratulate or be the first to ask about being unequally yoked? It's not only the waiting that's hard, it's the feeling that we're getting fewer. RF is such a blessing. God Bless All :)
Know what you mean, strangely I can understand, all I can say is just show Christian love dont push things opportunity will arise then calmly talk about your faith not his and hopefully a seed will be planted. Could say a lot more but you get the gist.

lismore

The 2021 UK census reports were in the news Media this week. Some interesting statistics:

Some 46.2 per cent of the population described themselves as Christian on the day of the 2021 census, down from 59.3 per cent a decade earlier
'White' is now a minority ethnic group in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leicester and several other English cities
More people now worship weekly in mosques than in churches

Times are changing, the people identifying as Christians-this is neither here nor there. But church attendance is very low. England has been at leats nominally a Christian nation for more than one thousand years. Now there are more practising muslims than Christians in England.

If we're not living in the Last of the Last Days then I don't know what we're living in! :)

Jaybird

All the signs are converging at such a rapid pace and we can clearly see the building blocks of the OWG, the third temple and beast system being set in place. The Rapture is closer than we think. Remember that Lot was vexed by what he saw in Sodom and Gomorrah. Vexed means irritated, distressed or annoyed. We are like Lot and are vexed by all these evil things happening around us and it gets worse by the day.

Let's not forget Revelation 3:8-13 "I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you. Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Philippians 3:13-14 "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

We have to keep fighting and pushing ourselves forward. He is coming soon for His Bride!

SarahRose

All the signs are converging at such a rapid pace and we can clearly see the building blocks of the OWG, the third temple and beast system being set in place. The Rapture is closer than we think. Remember that Lot was vexed by what he saw in Sodom and Gomorrah. Vexed means irritated, distressed or annoyed. We are like Lot and are vexed by all these evil things happening around us and it gets worse by the day.

Let's not forget Revelation 3:8-13 "I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and they will learn that I have loved you. Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Philippians 3:13-14 "Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

We have to keep fighting and pushing ourselves forward. He is coming soon for His Bride!

Love all of this. Thank you for the reminders. Though things are getting darker here, we have a beautifully bright future ahead of us with the Lord.

Eph611

Both my wife and I are eagerly looking towards the rapture and are increasingly frustrated with what’s left of this world. The evil and depravity is off the charts, and permeates everything from politics to everyday interactions with people. This world is NOT our home.

Back