Sometimes feeling discouraged and weary.

Mlmiller25

I enjoy reading the posts here. I often find them encouraging and uplifting. But lately it has been difficult to keep my hopes up for the Rapture occurring soon. Thoughts pop in my head like, "it took God nearly 200 years before He rescued the Jews in Egypt", etc. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it. Prayer often doesn't work. Thanks!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I enjoy reading the posts here. I often find them encouraging and uplifting. But lately it has been difficult to keep my hopes up for the Rapture occurring soon. Thoughts pop in my head like, "it took God nearly 200 years before He rescued the Jews in Egypt", etc. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it. Prayer often doesn't work. Thanks!
Yeah we all suffer from rapture fatigue from time to time, all we can do is be about God's work or helping others to maybe distract us from those thoughts.

heisable2

You may be the first person on this forum that says the posts are uplifting and encouraging. In the next breathe you say it's hard to keep your hope up for the soon coming rapture.

Jesus is our Hope. I believe His word. Do not let Satan discourage your hope. Keep reading the posts and we'll keep praying for you to be uplifted. Jesus didn't say our journey would be easy.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Thoughts pop in my head like, "it took God nearly 200 years before He rescued the Jews in Egypt", etc. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it. Prayer often doesn't work. Thanks!
Yes. especially when so many people say "it's about to happen, it's really it this time!" And then, it doesn't.
More than fatigue, I think it creates a cynicism.
You can "try" to ignore what people say, but it does seep in and then creates let down.

TimeWarpWife

I also suffer from "Rapture fatigue," in fact, I'm having a bout of it right now. I read God's word, pray to Him, try as much as possible to obey His word, and repent when I don't, but I gotta say I'm just plain tired. I want to go home to heaven so much, this world holds absolutely nothing for me. Personally, I don't understand believers who hope that the Rapture isn't going to happen soon ~ not because of unsaved loved ones, but because of plans they have to do things like buy a house or this, that, and the other. Every time I hear someone talk about or read something to the effect of "how soon will the Rapture happen," my first thought is always that if it's not happening in the next second, it's not happening soon enough for me.

Last edited:

SarahRose

I said this in another thread but I think it applies here too -

When I’m feeling down about waiting, I try to remind myself that God is long suffering and He has waited this long so that more believers will be able to enjoy eternity with him.

He loves us more than we could ever know. I think it’s a good thing that many of us are just so excited to be with Him. And the moment we are, we’ll probably go - “wow, that life really was a vapor!”

Maybe it would be good for us to start a “fatigue” thread in the prayer board, since many of us are (and likely will be again) feeling this way. Or maybe there already is one?

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Also. If any of my posts cause these sort of feelings to anyone here (or lurkers), I’m really sorry. I do get excited about stuff happening and I could probably lessen the hopeful “could be soon!” posts

:hug
:hug
Personally speaking i don't get those feelings from any members on here but more prophecy teachers and articles from prophecy writers.
But it's not to say it's a "bad" thing to say it's just is what it is.

TimeWarpWife

FYI, my "Rapture fatigue" doesn't come from this site. In fact, many times when I'm feeling fatigued I come here to get my spirits lifted. My fatigue comes from what's going on in the world ~ the lunatic globalists trying to turn the world into a one world government dictatorship, supporting the murder of innocent unborn, and now born, babies, but most of all I'm tired of there not being any justice, punishment, or consequences for the unadulterated evil these people are committing. In fact, many times they're actually prospering from the evil they do, i.e. the Bidens making millions off of selling favors from old Joe's political offices. I know that if they don't get saved one day they'll stand before Jesus at the White Throne Judgment and He will exact His perfect justice on them ~ it's just I'm so tired of waiting for that day and seeing them commit acts of outright evil and getting away with it, albeit temporarily. I keep re-reading Psalms 37 and 73, but some days it's not as comforting to me as other days.

Mocha Latte

FYI, my "Rapture fatigue" doesn't come from this site. In fact, many times when I'm feeling fatigued I come here to get my spirits lifted. My fatigue comes from what's going on in the world ~ the lunatic globalists trying to turn the world into a one world government dictatorship, supporting the murder of innocent unborn, and now born, babies, but most of all I'm tired of there not being any justice, punishment, or consequences for the unadulterated evil these people are committing. In fact, many times they're actually prospering from the evil they do, i.e. the Bidens making millions off of selling favors from old Joe's political offices. I know that if they don't get saved one day they'll stand before Jesus at the White Throne Judgment and He will exact His perfect justice on them ~ it's just I'm so tired of waiting for that day and seeing them commit acts of outright evil and getting away with it, albeit temporarily. I keep re-reading Psalms 37 and 73, but some days it's not as comforting to me as other days.
I totally feel you. You hit the nail on the head when you said it gets exhausting to see the evil ones prospering from their evil and facing no consequences.

Nemophilist

My sentiments exactly! I could have written this. Sometimes I feel that justice is completely dead. It's so discouraging sometimes. But rest assured there will be a day when our Lord is going to do everything He said He would do. We just have to hold on and keep focused on Him!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't generally get disappointed that I haven't been whisked up already because I live one day at a time. Sure, I try to be prepared for the future, but when I wake up each morning my thoughts are mostly on that day and whatever it is I wish to accomplish. There are moments now and then when I think how nice it would be to be Raptured now or soon, but those thoughts don't get in the way of my living each day. Life is a blessing and every day that we're in this wicked world there is a purpose for us. We each matter as members of the Body of Christ.

StormsMom

I'm not sure where, but someone called this "evil fatigue" and I think that is spot on, just as you described above. I believe many, if not all, of the remnant are feeling this way. I hate what they are doing to the children with this gender bending awfulness. With that and all the other mind-boggling evil out in the open, it kind of blows my mind that we're still here. Gary Ritter wrote an article over on the RR site called Tapping Out and it really resonated with me. What keeps me going is knowing that the Rapture Must Happen and the times are growing ripe for it to do so.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I have watched for the Rapture since I was 6 or 7. I have always *felt and expected* it my life time. Still do. But I have accepted that I may die a physical death.
In the meantime I am enjoying my earthly life to the best of my ability. I am often in a valley but Jesus "Walks the Dark Hills" as the song goes(you tube it..by Vesta Goodman). This gives me the ability to work on my sanctification and depend more on Him.

Stand on God's promises!! I know one day I will see my Redeemer as well as my parents, sister and daughter. Praise God!!!♡♡♡♡♡♡

To those who feel tired of seeing justice neglected....I think any righteous person would agree. The evil in this world seems to be increasing. The time will come when justice is meted out. And think of our Glorious Reign with King Jesus in the MK!!

NewWine2020

Yes. especially when so many people say "it's about to happen, it's really it this time!" And then, it doesn't.
More than fatigue, I think it creates a cynicism.
You can "try" to ignore what people say, but it does seep in and then creates let down.

I remember the 1st Gulf War (you know, the one where the USA as well as the "coalition of the wiling" were the actual good-guys in a war of liberation instead of imperialists occupying another sovereign nation for big oil and rich politicians, including a president who wanted to settle a personal grudge with Saddam Hussein under the guise of a "war on terror that Hussein had 100% nothing to do with?)

Anyway, in our youth group I remember how one of our youth pastors whipped us into excitement at the likelihood of the pending Rapture of the church by comparing John's description of the locusts from the abyss as being very similar to US Army attack helicopters (having a "sting in their tails and all).....we were all teens and we were very excited and frightened...and here we are now over 3 decades later still waiting.

I guess I should be thankful that I attended a church that even acknowledged and discussed the Rapture. :)

I also sometimes feel confused as it is said that Christ will come to take his faithful home "as a thief in the night" while times are relatively normal. what with people "eating and drinking and marrying..." It doesn't feel like life has been what we in the West would consider "normal" since 2020 and things only seem poised to escalate further, not settle down.

But yes, "rapture fatigue is a real thing and I empathize. I content myself by acknowledging that "God's ways are not our ways" and that he is Lord of all.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
The Spirit within us groans.

As this world keeps moving ahead, oblivious to the dangers and entrapment of satan, we have a spiritual perception of what is really happening.

Its no wonder we have moments of intense feelings grief, anger, hopelessness, impatience... Its the old man. Its what were some of you....
AND It is the spiritual reality the rest of the world cannot see, nor wants to, but we have it through the Holy Spirt.
To the world its: Turn your back and Party.
To us its: Repent and turn to Jesus.

We need to encourage each other. Remind each other - this is not the end, this is the Opportunity. Salvation, personal growth, evangelism, ministry, and above all:

PRAISE. He has stayed His hand another day so that more souls would be saved.
PRAISE. He has given us another day to do His work, to grow, minister, love
PRAISE. He is not bound by time, and He will not miss the appointed day, that moment when He says Enough. Sound the Trumpet!

There is a blessing in the thorn that we feel. It shows we are spiritually alive and sensitive to His prodding.

If you feel nothing, perhaps your relationship with Jesus is needing attention, or if you have never met Jesus, open a Bible and start in John.

John 14:6 Holman Christian Standard Bible

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Baby Yoda

Watchman

I was amazed to see "the rapture" was an answer to a Jeopardy question last night. They didn't quite get it right, but the fact that mainstream tv used that in a show was very encouraging. (And the fact that the Episcopalian priest did NOT know it was interesting.)

daygo

I said this in another thread but I think it applies here too -

When I’m feeling down about waiting, I try to remind myself that God is long suffering and He has waited this long so that more believers will be able to enjoy eternity with him.

He loves us more than we could ever know. I think it’s a good thing that many of us are just so excited to be with Him. And the moment we are, we’ll probably go - “wow, that life really was a vapor!”

Maybe it would be good for us to start a “fatigue” thread in the prayer board, since many of us are (and likely will be again) feeling this way. Or maybe there already is one?
Yes agree, I think myself when I feel like the above what would have happened if the rapture happened in say 1984 I would have been in the tribulation, that makes me more patient.

Back