Mark Of The Beast - Not High Tech?

Andy C

We know that the current technology will continue to function long enough for the two witnesses to do their thing and then be killed.
The bible says their bodies will be seen by everyone around the world. So, maybe it lasts until mid-trib, when the antichrist stands in the temple and declares himself to be God. Once he does that, perhaps he will have something else set up and ready to go............ for, perhaps he will use
this same technology............. Don't really know, but needn't think about it that much. We'll be gone by then.
Could possibly be, then again satellite TV was in use decades before the internet was as widespread and used as today. Older tech is all that would be needed for the world to see the 2 witnesses. JMHO

Len

Maybe, quite literally, just an ink mark or tattoo on the hand/forehead.

South Korea develops nanotech tattoo as health monitoring device​

DAEJEON, Aug 2 (Reuters) - South Koreans may soon be able to carry a device inside their own bodies in the form of a bespoke tattoo that automatically alerts them to potential health problems, if a science team's project bears fruit.

Researchers at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in the city of Daejeon southwest of Seoul have developed an electronic tattoo ink made of liquid metal and carbon nanotubes that functions as a bioelectrode.

Bohdan

Please note that "chipping" as such is not a new technology.

It's been in use in the USA since the 1990s for free range cattle. A more reliable more humane alternative to branding.
It also makes the annual round up easier.

I won't speculate about the mark of the Beast, but it's the sort of thing the globalists would like to do to people -- even if that specifically isn't referenced in prophecy.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
Why is one lost eternally after taking the mark?
Is it because the person that takes the mark is no longer human?
Jesus did say that all sins are pardonable, except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
What is it about this mark that you can't repent???
Just speculating here...
Perhaps, with God's foreknowledge of everything, He knows that all who take the mark are so dedicated to the antichrist that none of them would repent, thereby sealing their own fate?

Andy C

Why is one lost eternally after taking the mark?
Is it because the person that takes the mark is no longer human?
Jesus did say that all sins are pardonable, except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
What is it about this mark that you can't repent???
Salvation if different for those in the tribulation, vice during the church age where OSAS applies. Trib saints will have to remain in faith to the very end. Taking the MOB will be a permanent mark, and after being warned by an Angel, there is no chance to “change your mind”. Its a done deal, those who receive the MOB are not just being marked, they are agreeing that the beast is god. This would constitute blasphemy, and thus an unpardonable sin.

Revelation 14

9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,
10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Salvation if different for those in the tribulation, vice during the church age where OSAS applies. Trib saints will have to remain in faith to the very end. Taking the MOB will be a permanent mark, and after being warned by an Angel, there is no chance to “change your mind”. Its a done deal, those who receive the MOB are not just being marked, they are agreeing that the beast is god. This would constitute blasphemy, and thus an unpardonable sin.

Revelation 14

9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand,
10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”
12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.
I have to think about all that. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just not sure I completely agree.
What if people take the mark only to survive, not because they worship or agree with the beast?
Wouldn't God know that I'm only taking the mark to survive this horrific time?

Andy C

I have to think about all that. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just not sure I completely agree.
What if people take the mark only to survive, not because they worship or agree with the beast?
I would like to agree with you, and I cant explain why I dont well enough, but the scripture is crystal clear what the consequences are for taking the MOB.

RobinMc

If we were alive at the time of the mark being given, if they say, bow down to the AC and take his mark or we'll chop your head off. I would just have to start praying to God to make it quick and painless. Do we really want to live on this earth so badly that we will do anything to survive? I hope not.
But let's say your child was right beside you and they said take it or it's his head, I don't know how to do that. We do know that it's happened before and God provided a way out, so I guess it's a matter of faith.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

I would like to agree with you, and I cant explain why I dont well enough, but the scripture is crystal clear what the consequences are for taking the MOB.
100% agree.
That's why I posed the question earlier, could the mark change human DNA?
That would certainly be a reason why they are no longer redeemable?????
Just pure speculation on my part trying to figure out the why.

Andy C

100% agree.
That's why I posed the question earlier, could the mark change human DNA?
That would certainly be a reason why they are no longer redeemable?????
Just pure speculation on my part trying to figure out the why.
I dont believe it has anything to do with a change in DNA. Its simply a mark or a chip, and its not important what that mark actually is. Whats eternally important is taking the MOB is saying you believe the lie, the grand delusion, that the beast is god.

Andy C

If we were alive at the time of the mark being given, if they say, bow down to the AC and take his mark or we'll chop your head off. I would just have to start praying to God to make it quick and painless. Do we really want to live on this earth so badly that we will do anything to survive? I hope not.
But let's say your child was right beside you and they said take it or it's his head, I don't know how to do that. We do know that it's happened before and God provided a way out, so I guess it's a matter of faith.
Thankfully, we the church will never be in such a position as outlined by you.

Those who survive the first half of the tribulation, with wars, severe judgements from God, horrific killings inflicted by people on each other, those who reach that point in time will probably do whatever it takes to survive another day. The will to survive is very powerful, and the trib saints will definitely be tested in just how strong their new found faith really is.

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
I think it boils down to trust.
God wants us to show that we trust in His ability to see us through the storms, regardless of how severe they may be.
Refusing the mark under drastic conditions, proves our trust in Him.
Taking the mark indicates that we are trusting in the antichrist to see us through.
Of course, In saying "we", I am referring to those in the tribulation and not us who are the bride, as we, thankfully, won't be here.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

I dont believe it has anything to do with a change in DNA. Its simply a mark or a chip, and its not important what that mark actually is. Whats eternally important is taking the MOB is saying you believe the lie, the grand delusion, that the beast is god.
I get all of that! I agree 100%.
I'm just trying to understand the why. Why would a Christians in the tribulation that takes the mark be lost? They take the mark to survive, no alliance to the AC. Just for the purpose of survival. God know the heart and the reason why.
In the Gospels we read that some of the religious leaders believed in Him, but kept quiet about their faith in Jesus. For fear of being persecuted.
Again, my point, why are those who take the mark lost?
I know what the scripture says, and I agree. I'm just curious to know why? and what are some of the thoughts from the board.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

I think it boils down to trust.
God wants us to show that we trust in His ability to see us through the storms, regardless of how severe they may be.
Refusing the mark under drastic conditions, proves our trust in Him.
Taking the mark indicates that we are trusting in the antichrist to see us through.
Of course, In saying "we", I am referring to those in the tribulation and not us who are the bride, as we, thankfully, won't be here.
More than likely they will be martyrs.

Andy C

More than likely they will be martyrs.
I think part of the problem in solving your questions is we think as Christians, in the age of grace. The answers we have now for us, seem clear. During the tribulation, its not the same for Trib saints, as it is for Saints in His Church. They will be held to a much different standard.

I seldom use “got questions” but their answer seems solid.

Is it possible for a person to be saved/forgiven after taking the mark of the beast?​

The mark of the beast is a mark that will be placed on a person’s forehead or right hand in the end times as a sign of allegiance to the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15–18). Further, no one will be allowed to engage in commerce without the mark (Revelation 13:17). It appears that some form of worship of the Antichrist is associated with receiving the mark (Revelation 14:9; 16:2), and those who refuse to worship the image of the beast will be killed (Revelation 13:15).

The question then arises as to whether a person who has received the mark of the beast can be forgiven. The answer to this question seems to be “no.” Revelation 14:10–11, describing the fate of someone who takes the mark of the beast, declares, “He also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

The eternal destiny of those who take the mark of the beast is the lake of fire. Why is taking the mark of the beast a damnable sin against God? Why would God condemn a person to hell for taking the mark of the beast? It would appear that taking the mark of the beast will be a blasphemous act of willful defiance against God. Receiving the mark of the beast is essentially worshiping Satan. Those who take the mark have made the choice to serve Satan rather than obey God and receive Christ as Savior. When people make that decision during the tribulation, God will grant their request to be eternally separated from Him.
https://www.gotquestions.org/saved-after-mark-beast.html

Back