Building the Third Temple

Jaybird

There is certainly much logic in the Ezekiel 38 Battle as an impetus to build the Temple, but what if the Temple was built before the Ezekiel battle and this would serve as a pretense for the Arabs to join with Gog/Magog to battle Israel. Building the Temple would really infuriate the Arabs and they would join a military intervention by Gog/Magog in a heartbeat. Gog/Magog wants spoils, Arabs want revenge. Just a thought.

SarahRose

There is certainly much logic in the Ezekiel 38 Battle as an impetus to build the Temple, but what if the Temple was built before the Ezekiel battle and this would serve as a pretense for the Arabs to join with Gog/Magog to battle Israel. Building the Temple would really infuriate the Arabs and they would join a military intervention by Gog/Magog in a heartbeat. Gog/Magog wants spoils, Arabs want revenge. Just a thought.
That is interesting a interesting thought. Been thinking about the timing of this a lot lately.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I don't think it will happen pre- ezekiel as Israel most likely is still in national disbelief until he rescues them in the Ezekiel battle and is is unmistakeable to them that God is the one that bailed them out from being wiped off the map.

The Arabs also won't raise an uproar as they are identified as being part as Sheba & Dedan who are amongst the small group of nations that protest against the Gog Coalition of Russia, Turkey, Iran and maybe some of the African countries like Sudan .

Jaybird

The main reason I suggest this is the fact that if you go to the Temple Institute website (https://templeinstitute.org/) in Israel you can see how far along they are in their preparations for building a Temple. The real conservative Jews would build a Temple right now if they could and would not wait for approval from the non-conservative Jews in Israel. Everyone postulates that Israel will wait until the political conditions are just right and the Ezekiel 38 battle seems like it would be the event that would cause Israel to rebuild the Temple. However, since when does Israel really care about the correct political situation? Everything they do is criticized by the world anyway so why not build the Temple.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
This is what I believe, after the Rapture , which I believe the following events to be predicated upon , the opportunity will present itself for Ezekiel 38 to come to fulfillment. America and the world abroad will be stunned and disoriented due to the disappearances, especially America.
Mass hysteria and pandemonium will ensue.
When the world starts to somewhat get its bearings back it won't take long for evil to resume.
Satan will absolutely seize upon this opportunity to influence a major attack against Israel.
Without getting into all the nooks and crannies, the coalition that comes against Israel in such a mighty , obnoxious, military manner , FAILS in epic fashion!!! Complete futile effort. Israel will stand . Israel knows the mighty hand of God delivered them from those blood thirsty servants of Satan.
With the Muslim threat pacified Israel is relaxed enough and stoked enough on a national level to want The Third Temple because of what they just witnessed with the miraculous deliverance God gave them.
The Jews hearts are softening towards God.
He has their attention. Rightly so. Not saying it will be , BUT if the Dome of the Rock just so happened to be destroyed that would (obviously) present the perfect place to build The Third Temple . I heard it wouldn't take them long at all to have it built. By the way , what a "coincidence" it happened to be 5 red heifers that (last I checked) still qualify . 5 is the number of God's grace. Hmmm... interesting. In my opinion the three biggest issues in regards to the building of The Third Temple are ,
1. The desire of the Jews .
2. A red heifer that qualifies for Temple use.
3. Location.
Those three issues would no longer be issues.
With the Muslim threat basically nonexistent they will be at peace and ease to start construction.
The Word of God simply does not state exactly when.
Just a general idea due to other events.
What we do know is that it will be built.

We have alot of reasons to go above are normal level of excitement in regards to meeting The Lord Jesus Christ in the air/clouds than ever before.
Praise The Lamb of God!

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
@ItIsFinished! I have heard Dr Andy Woods speculate that the Temple would be built after the Gog/Magog war also. Makes sense.
For some reason I keep thinking 3/4 of the enemy is killed? I will have to look that up. It may be a figment of my imagination.

daygo

@ItIsFinished! I have heard Dr Andy Woods speculate that the Temple would be built after the Gog/Magog war also. Makes sense.
For some reason I keep thinking 3/4 of the enemy is killed? I will have to look that up. It may be a figment of my imagination.
Andy Woods thinks ezekiel war is in the tribulation so where exactly his thinking is, not sure.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Not sure about the 3/4 of the enemies being killed in Ezekiel 38 -39. Due to the intensity of God's wrath and the powerful imagery written in Ezekiel with regards to these particular chapters involving the same event , I would say all of the enemies die.
There is speculation as to what Ezekiel 39:2 as far as the (sixth part of thee) represents. Reading Ezekiel 38:19-23 presents a very powerful illustration of the results of these enemies that come against Israel.
It also presents one of the main reasons why in verse 23.

Thus will I magnify myself , and sanctify myself;
and I will be known in the eyes of many nations , and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Not one bone should be left that will not be buried !!
Ezekiel 39:14-15

At the end of the 7 months of burying the dead, searchers scour the land making sure every bone is buried . The land MUST be cleansed!
God does not play around .

If one wants to get an idea of who God is and how he moves , these (Ezekiel 38-39) chapters will give the reader a good idea.
He is an all powerful , magnificent God.
The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob .

Back