How Beautiful Heaven Must Be

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
How Beautiful Heaven Must Be
By Dennis Huebshman

John 14:1-3; “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; also believe in Me. (2) In My Father’s house there are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and take you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also.” (ESV – all emphasis mine)

If we could see every beautiful sight this earth contains, we would most likely see ornate cities; lavish castles; beautiful majestic mountains; beautiful wooded areas; rivers; lakes; streams and oceans; and all could be very breathtaking. However, even the most beautiful sight on this earth will pale when compared to what our eternal Home in Heaven will be like.

How the apostles John and Paul could get a glimpse of this magnificent beauty, and then come back to this earth to live out the balance of their lives, is beyond me. It is my firm belief that when we finally experience the glory of our Heavenly Home, nothing could convince us to return here, except to serve our Lord in the Millennial Reign.

The last two chapters of Revelation tries to give descriptions that we can attempt to understand. Even so, no matter how descriptive John is, I don’t believe there are adequate adjectives available for us to truly visualize the majesty, splendor, glory and beauty of what true believers will witness.

First and foremost, we will finally get to see our Heavenly Father on His throne; and our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, seated at His right hand. There will be no evil of any kind in our new Home. The old heavens and earth will have passed away. John spoke of a “New Jerusalem” coming down from Heaven for us to dwell in. What the exact location will be, we are not given, but just the size of the City will be more than adequate for all to live there who were saved while on this earth.

The measurements given are in “furlongs” or “stradia”, and cubits, but it breaks down that the city is approximately 1500 miles long, 1500 miles wide and 1500 miles high, with walls approximately 12 feet thick. (Revelation 21:16)

As for splendor, the walls are built of pure jasper, and the city is pure gold like clear glass. The wall foundations are adorned with twelve different jewels; jasper, sapphire, agate, emerald, onyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, jacinth and amethyst. I have to admit, there are a couple of these I am anxious to see what they actually look like. (Revelation 21:18-20)

There are twelve gates to the city, and each is made up of a single pearl with streets of gold that are so pure that they appear to be transparent like glass. (Revelation 21:21)

We must remember that time as we know it, was created in the beginning of earth’s history by God for our purposes (Genesis 1:3-5). He created the seasons, and days and years. (Genesis 1:14-15) At Home, our Jesus will be our light, and there will be no more night. (Revelation 22:5)

There will be a river of the Water of Life flowing from the Throne of God and the Lamb. There will be on either side of it the Tree of Life with different fruits for each month. How we will partake of this, remains to be seen, but no matter what, it will excel far above any food and drink we have ever had here. (Revelation 22:1-2)

The main point to all of this is our Jesus paid for us to be with Him in this Beautiful Holy City, and our “cost” is to believe in Him, and accept His wonderful gift. There is no deity other than our Heavenly Trinity who would ever love us such as this. Man-made gods are created in human minds with human limitations, to rule with strict regulations, many works and donations and whatever. For us to believe we could “earn” one second of time in our eternal Home by our own means would be a great insult to our Creator and especially His Son.

A song by Mrs. A. S. Bridgewater (1873-1957) of North Carolina, and published in 1920 is called, “How Beautiful Heaven Must Be.”

1.) We read of a place called Heaven; it’s made for the pure and the free. These truths in God’s Word He has given; how beautiful Heaven must be.

Ref) How beautiful Heaven must be; sweet home of the happy and free; fair haven of rest for the weary; how beautiful Heaven must be.

2.) In Heaven no drooping nor pining; no wishing for elsewhere to be. God’s light is forever there shining; how beautiful Heaven must be. (ref)

3.) Pure waters of life there are flowing; all who will drink may be free. Rare jewels of splendor are glowing; how beautiful Heaven must be. (ref)

4.) The angels so sweetly are singing; up there by the beautiful sea. Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing; how beautiful Heaven must be. (ref)

Now for the down side. This will only be for those who have truly called out, and asked to be forgiven by Jesus, and for Him to be our eternal Savior. We realize we have all sinned, and only the pure sinless blood shed by our Jesus at Calvary can cleanse us. There is no other way to have an eternal Home with our Savior. (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; John 3:18; and 1 John 5:12 as examples.)

To pass from this earth without Jesus as your Savior is the unforgiveable sin. The cost will be an appearance in that long line at the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15. No member of the flock of our Shepherd will be at this judgment.

There is no pardon, no forgiveness available there, and no suspended sentences. All in that line will be assigned eternal punishment in the lake of fire prepared especially for the devil and his angels. (Matthew 25:41)

Even though our messages about being saved, being born again, and having an eternal Home with Jesus are foolishness to the unsaved (1 Corinthians 1:18), we are giving them an opportunity to repent and change their eternal address once and for all. No one will be forced, as some religions try to do to their members, but each person has the ability to choose for themselves who they will worship. Jesus or satan.

Satan and his demons are working overtime these days. False prophets and antichrists are getting more active daily. Many evangelical churches have turned away from preaching God’s word, and are giving ear-tickling, feel-good, and totally unbiblical messages to their members. Everyone is told just how “good” they are, and that there are many ways to Heaven, and any “love” lifestyle a person desires is perfectly all right. Sin is conveniently overlooked.

The condition of today’s world is right on schedule with the end of this age’s prophecy. The Father is “setting the hooks” as given in Ezekiel 38:4. The coalition is primed and before long they will try to take out Israel for their abundant wealth. Then, the man with the peace plan will appear, and it will be 7 years of tribulation here.

With that so close, our being called up to meet Jesus in the air is even closer. The Rapture will take place as promised by the Father to keep us from the wrath that is coming. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53)

The only question remaining is, which will you choose? Time is rapidly slipping away, and today would not be too soon to follow Romans 10:9-13. Verse 13 is key for all believers; “All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Just think of the beautiful Home waiting if you are part of the Shepherd’s flock. Don’t hesitate, or you may just be too late.

Maranatha – Come Lord Jesus!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/how-beautiful-heaven-must-be/

Andy C

It is hard to imagine the splendor of what Heaven will be like, but at least the bible does give some details.

Whats harder for me to envision is what it will be like in my new and glorified body. What will it be like to be in a perfect body, no pain or stiffness, no worrying about getting sick, nor worrying about dying, no fretting over past sins, or even thoughts of current sin……..etc..

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Most important will be to be with the one who :fish died for our sins, and to be reunited with our loved ones. We are told it has golden streets, gates of pearls, and other beautiful gemstones. A river of life and tree of life that bears 12 different fruits. I am sure the colors in heaven will be very bright more vivid then down here. There will be beautiful music to worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. What a beautiful sinless place it will be longing for my eternal home with :fish .

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Fed Up…Weighed Down…

Hemmed In…Worn Out…
When we feel like this, we just need to remember God has everything in control. In the end justice may not be served here, but it will with God. People are either saved or they are not. Also, :fish says be of good cheer I have overcome the world. We know the book of Revelation and the end of the story is believers win. Everyones eternity depends on the choice they make accept or reject:fish the gift of salvation.

Back