Are we seeing Gog re-enslave Magog?

athenasius

The rabbis say that "Gog and Magog" is just a generic term for any leader/nation that comes against Israel.

Conservative rabbis that Dr Fruchtenbaum quotes don't say that Gog and Magog are generic.

They are pretty consistent in pointing at Russia and the area of eastern Europe north of the Black Sea. P 107 he quotes the Artscroll commentary and these commentaries are well known, very conservative and rely on very well documented rabbinical traditions and history.

And for the "uttermost" parts of the North, it's meaning seems more consistent with Russia than stop offs on the way such as Turkey.

Hopeland

Yes. Personally, I don't think Ezekiel 38 will happen till after the Rapture, if it is Russia that is being referenced. There is one simple reason why I say this. The atheism of the Soviet era has been rejected by the Russian people and, according to relatively reliable surveys, 90% of them self-identify as Orthodox Christians. Even the U.S. would not attack Israel and there is a significantly smaller percentage of Americans who self-identify as Christians. No matter how much the Dems rail against Israel, there is no way that the American people would ever go for attacking Israel. Once the Rapture happens, who knows what would take place then?
I have heard some say that the Church needs to be removed before God turns his focus back on Israel and defends her in the Ezekiel 38 battle. Even though God has no limits and can focus on both the Church and Israel at same time, I do agree that we will be gone before this battle.

katt

Something occurred to me years ago..Alaska was once a Russian Territory..Putan wants it back..but that's not my point..my point is..if one went further North than Russia from Israel..one would come to Alaska..and if you keep going..you come to Canada if you don't stop..eventually you come to The USA...the thought has always made me wonder just how far North from Israel God is talking about...

Jan51

I have heard some say that the Church needs to be removed before God turns his focus back on Israel and defends her in the Ezekiel 38 battle. Even though God has no limits and can focus on both the Church and Israel at same time, I do agree that we will be gone before this battle.
He can, but He doesn't. The timeline given in Dan. 9 of the seventy weeks of years shows a gap of unknown duration between the 69 weeks of years of God's plan for Israel, which have already taken place, and the final seven years of God's plan for Israel, which has not yet taken place. The church age takes place during that gap.

The final seven years will not take place until the church age ends. Paul echoes that fact in Rom. 11:25, that Israel's hardening won't be lifted until after the fulness of the Gentiles. We also find that timeline in Rev. 4:1, the rapture of the church, followed by the opening of the seals in Rev. 6 which is the beginning of that last seven years of God's plan for Israel.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Something occurred to me years ago..Alaska was once a Russian Territory..Putan wants it back..but that's not my point..my point is..if one went further North than Russia from Israel..one would come to Alaska..and if you keep going..you come to Canada if you don't stop..eventually you come to The USA...the thought has always made me wonder just how far North from Israel God is talking about...

Alaska is to the west of Canada, so if you keep going from Alaska you're in the Pacific ocean for a very long time. Additionally, and not everyone knows this, but Alaska is the 49th state of the United States of America, so once you've reached Alaska you've reached the USA... with Canada still to the east.

daygo

He can, but He doesn't. The timeline given in Dan. 9 of the seventy weeks of years shows a gap of unknown duration between the 69 weeks of years of God's plan for Israel, which have already taken place, and the final seven years of God's plan for Israel, which has not yet taken place. The church age takes place during that gap.

The final seven years will not take place until the church age ends. Paul echoes that fact in Rom. 11:25, that Israel's hardening won't be lifted until after the fulness of the Gentiles. We also find that timeline in Rev. 4:1, the rapture of the church, followed by the opening of the seals in Rev. 6 which is the beginning of that last seven years of God's plan for Israel.
Well said.

katt

Alaska is to the west of Canada, so if you keep going from Alaska you're in the Pacific ocean for a very long time. Additionally, and not everyone knows this, but Alaska is the 49th state of the United States of America, so once you've reached Alaska you've reached the USA... with Canada still to the east.
Oh..I knew it is the 49th state..what I didn't know..is the rest of it..so..The USA is safe from being the country from the far North..after all these years of wondering..my mind is finally at rest..very good..and thank you...:smile

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Oh..I knew it is the 49th state..what I didn't know..is the rest of it..so..The USA is safe from being the country from the far North..after all these years of wondering..my mind is finally at rest..very good..and thank you...:smile

Since Alaska is part of the USA... considering how you kept going north and came to Alaska... couldn't the USA be that country? I don't believe it is but following your logic it fits...

athenasius

Katt, once you hit the farthest north you can go, lets call it the North Pole or near enough to make no difference EVERYTHING ELSE on the entire planet is SOUTH from there.

So if you stand on the North Pole, the whole world is South. Any direction you go after hitting the North Pole is now SOUTH.

So when the Bible talks of a land in the uttermost point of the north it's talking about a land that exists just below the Arctic and it has to be due north from Israel.

The reason it has to be due North from Israel is because everything in the Bible has Israel at it's centre. Israel as far as Bible Prophecy goes, is the very centre of everything. All compass points measure from Israel.

katt

Katt, once you hit the farthest north you can go, lets call it the North Pole or near enough to make no difference EVERYTHING ELSE on the entire planet is SOUTH from there.

So if you stand on the North Pole, the whole world is South. Any direction you go after hitting the North Pole is now SOUTH.

So when the Bible talks of a land in the uttermost point of the north it's talking about a land that exists just below the Arctic and it has to be due north from Israel.

The reason it has to be due North from Israel is because everything in the Bible has Israel at it's centre. Israel as far as Bible Prophecy goes, is the very centre of everything. All compass points measure from Israel.
Directions (the North, South etc. kind) have always eluded me..I am one of those who can not use a compass nor do I know which way I'm going unless a sign tells me or the sun is at my back or hitting me in the face...:rofl

Len

that Israel's hardening won't be lifted until after the fulness of the Gentiles.
Hi Jan51 just wondering that is it possible that this softening of Israel after the fullness of the gentiles, is when the abomination of desolation by the AC takes place and Israel recognises that he is not the messiah and turn to the real messiah Jesus?

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God

It's also interesting to note, though, that you can keep going west infinitely or east infinitely. Those never have a definite stopping point. There is a finite distance between north and south, but an infinite distance between east and west.

"as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us."

Back