Question about the Millennium...

Rocky R.

I love the LORD Christ, and I love His wonderful plan.

Here's the one thing I don't understand -- when we return with Christ to Earth for the start of the Millennium, I believe that He will destroy every unbeliever and leave only God's children. We, the Bride, will mingle with Old Testament saints, from the famous to the regular. But, among us will be mere mortals who survive the Tribulation; though they are believers, they still have the sin nature. They will marry, and have children who will still possess that sin nature, though each one can ask God for forgiveness and salvation.

My question is why are the perfected and unperfected allowed to mingle? Wouldn't that in some ways rob the perfected ones of joy, or worse, subject them to sins by the non-glorified? Imagine it's year 350 of the Millennium. You're walking down the street and here's some young punk comes up that wants to mug you....

Of course, the LORD knows His own and is more than capable of protecting His own 24/7. But isn't this (the above proposed case) odd?

Batman

The best thing about the MK for us will be that God has removed our sin nature. Our interactions with mortal humanity will not include this and we will be immortal so we cannot be hurt or die. I don't think we can say for sure we will be able to fly or walk through walls or otherwise to get away from a violent mortal but my assumption is that they will be quite afraid of the angels and immortal mankind and accountability will be very fast. I'm even thinking crime and violence will be very low and possibly dealt with prior to it being full able to occur. Immortal mankind are helping run the kingdom so it must be something of physical and judicial power that is available to put a stop to a violent attack, let alone the angels.

I hope I'm not way off base with these thoughts.

pixelpusher

GA Watchman

I think the purpose is to give the surviving mortal people freedom to choose God or Satan when he is released again after 1000 years for one last fight (that he thinks he can win).

It is hard to wrap my mind around though.
How could any sane person choose Satan when they will be able to see Jesus? We accepted salvation thru grace, they will have no doubts he is real.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
How could any sane person choose Satan when they will be able to see Jesus? We accepted salvation thru grace, they will have no doubts he is real.
I agree that it is mind-boggling. However, Adam and Eve were with God. Judas was with Jesus. Some people still voted for the current administration. It is hard to wrap your mind around but I believe it will still happen.

Wings Like Eagles

I love the LORD Christ, and I love His wonderful plan.

Here's the one thing I don't understand -- when we return with Christ to Earth for the start of the Millennium, I believe that He will destroy every unbeliever and leave only God's children. We, the Bride, will mingle with Old Testament saints, from the famous to the regular. But, among us will be mere mortals who survive the Tribulation; though they are believers, they still have the sin nature. They will marry, and have children who will still possess that sin nature, though each one can ask God for forgiveness and salvation.

My question is why are the perfected and unperfected allowed to mingle? Wouldn't that in some ways rob the perfected ones of joy, or worse, subject them to sins by the non-glorified? Imagine it's year 350 of the Millennium. You're walking down the street and here's some young punk comes up that wants to mug you....

Of course, the LORD knows His own and is more than capable of protecting His own 24/7. But isn't this (the above proposed case) odd?
I personally believe that the Church will mostly inhabit the New Jerusalem in heaven, during the Millennial Kingdom. If you follow that line of thinking, we would probably not come down permanently to earth until the Heavenly New Jerusalem comes down like a Bride from heaven. Our trips to the Kingdom will likely be brief, somewhat rare, and concern the administration of the wholly righteous government of Christ the King. That would likely mirror the infrequent contact between God's holy angels and mortal humans. Isaiah tells us that sin (as well as illness) will be much less common, during the Kingdom Age, but since all mortals will still have a sin nature, they will need to be judged. If we look at the government of the Judges, put in place by the Law of Moses, that seems as though it could be a model.

Rocky R.

I personally believe that the Church will mostly inhabit the New Jerusalem in heaven, during the Millennial Kingdom. If you follow that line of thinking, we would probably not come down permanently to earth until the Heavenly New Jerusalem comes down like a Bride from heaven. Our trips to the Kingdom will likely be brief, somewhat rare, and concern the administration of the wholly righteous government of Christ the King. That would likely mirror the infrequent contact between God's holy angels and mortal humans. Isaiah tells us that sin (as well as illness) will be much less common, during the Kingdom Age, but since all mortals will still have a sin nature, they will need to be judged. If we look at the government of the Judges, put in place by the Law of Moses, that seems as though it could be a model.
Yeah, and Jesus did say that His disciples would rule beside Him judging the twelve tribes of Israel. This suggests that Israel might be divided into twelve districts during the Millennial Kingdom; under who's district would you want to live in?

Wings Like Eagles

Yeah, and Jesus did say that His disciples would rule beside Him judging the twelve tribes of Israel. This suggests that Israel might be divided into twelve districts during the Millennial Kingdom; under who's district would you want to live in?
Ezekiel details the Millennial Kingdom in chapters 40-48. The Kingdom will, no doubt, be extremely beautiful. However, the New Jerusalem will be perfect--hard to imagine that level of perfection. The human desire for perfection will never be satisfied by anything that humans accomplish. That drive for perfection is a manifestation of our longing for God--whether we know it or not. Even those who scoff at God have that built-in desire and they direct it toward trying to fulfill it without bending the knee to Him. It never works of course. They are vines that have become unattached--they wither and die. One could live till 100 but he would still be full of death, every single day. Even if he lives in castles, with trillions in wealth, he is a slave of the Destroyer through his fear of death. If only they could understand that every bit of life comes from Him. Without Him, humans are the walking dead.

Rocky R.

Well, if glorifieds are going to mix with sinners (believer and unbeliever) during the Millennium, I'll help mitigate the number of people who are in rebellion against Christ the LORD at the end. I'll adopt some very young children who survive the return of Jesus, but have lost their parents and families. I'll raise them with love and affection, and train them to love and serve the LORD.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Some comments are confusing to me. I think that during the MK, we, the Church, will be here on earth, ruling and reigning with Jesus.

Back