The Coming Destruction of Damascus

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Damascus is definitely identified as being totally destroyed in the scriptures but right now it's hard for me to feel things are happening that would result in the sudden and quick destruction of this city; unless the way we are needing to interpret this has to do with a longer term cycle of destructions leading to a final conclusion of eventual uninhabitable destruction.

All it would take is one terrorist nuke/accident
Or a big enough storage facility of military munitions exploding (on purpose or accidentally from improper storage, etc.), especially if it caused other storage facilities or natural gas lines to go up
During Gulf War, Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) (chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons/munitions/materials) allegedly evacuated across the border from Iraq into Syria and that's why U.S., etc. didn't find them in Iraq. Hiding them in Damascus, thereby using the entire civilian population of Damascus as human shields, not out of the realm of possibility. If this happened, more than likely at least some of it not properly stored and/or secured, so an accident or theft would not be unexpected.

Or there could be a military strike from any number of places/groups. Turkey, Iran, etc. Both are currently persecuting Christians. Russia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, ISIL, Hezbollah, and Yemen are all involved in the Syrian mess. Over half of the population of Syria has been displaced over the last 10 years, and millions are refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey. Don't forget the Kurds, whose areas cross borders, and who are persecuted/attacked from all sides

It would take an entire book to explore and explain the situation over there right now, and by the time the first chapter were written, it would be out of date because everything changes on a daily/hourly basis.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

And how did they do that without going through Israeli territory?
Through Syria or Syria and Lebanon then by land or sea to Gaza, etc.

This part of why Israel attacks parts of Lebanon on a regular basis. Kind of like the U.S. did with the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Laos during the Vietnam War.

For those too young to remember, it would be like Mexico bombing I-10 if terrorists/cartels/rebels were using it to move military equipment and munitions so they could attack/keep on fighting against the Mexican government in Mexico.

This is also why Israel intercepts and searches boats it finds in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea from the north end of Lebanon south. to Africa.

Stuff can also go the long way around via the Suez Canal and/or Sinai and/or Red Sea and/or Gulf of Eilat.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

"we can be sure it’s sudden and massive."

If it's massive and sudden, then it's the Northern Invasion of Gog and Magog. I think Damascus will be hit at that time.
I am also praying that the destruction of Damascus comes after the Rapture. There are currently, 250,000 Eastern Orthodox Christians living in Damascus. I think that you may be correct and that the destruction of Damascus will happen as part of the invasion of Gog and Magog.

Ghoti Ichthus

Sadly, a lot of the so-called *good* news outlets ignore middle east or military/strategic news in general, and most of the *mainstream* media ignores, glosses over, or spins it for *the agenda* A variety of places with varying agendas and perspectives sensationalize everything so whatever they spew is *suspect* from the get-go.

A lot of important news is simply not getting out to most people, unless they are watching and know where to look. And some of those places are getting harder and harder to access freely, due to internet *neutrality,* pay walls, site requirements to accept harmful cookies and/or establish an account, etc., and blatant, outright censorship :mad

ChildofLight

Sadly, a lot of the so-called *good* news outlets ignore middle east or military/strategic news in general, and most of the *mainstream* media ignores, glosses over, or spins it for *the agenda* A variety of places with varying agendas and perspectives sensationalize everything so whatever they spew is *suspect* from the get-go.

A lot of important news is simply not getting out to most people, unless they are watching and know where to look. And some of those places are getting harder and harder to access freely, due to internet *neutrality,* pay walls, site requirements to accept harmful cookies and/or establish an account, etc., and blatant, outright censorship :mad
LOL. I just came from the Instagram/Facebook thread and then reading this my first thought was it doesn’t sound much different. A lot of fakeness and deceit.

GEOINTAnalyst

All it would take is one terrorist nuke/accident
Or a big enough storage facility of military munitions exploding (on purpose or accidentally from improper storage, etc.), especially if it caused other storage facilities or natural gas lines to go up
During Gulf War, Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) (chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons/munitions/materials) allegedly evacuated across the border from Iraq into Syria and that's why U.S., etc. didn't find them in Iraq. Hiding them in Damascus, thereby using the entire civilian population of Damascus as human shields, not out of the realm of possibility. If this happened, more than likely at least some of it not properly stored and/or secured, so an accident or theft would not be unexpected.

Or there could be a military strike from any number of places/groups. Turkey, Iran, etc. Both are currently persecuting Christians. Russia, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, ISIL, Hezbollah, and Yemen are all involved in the Syrian mess. Over half of the population of Syria has been displaced over the last 10 years, and millions are refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey. Don't forget the Kurds, whose areas cross borders, and who are persecuted/attacked from all sides

It would take an entire book to explore and explain the situation over there right now, and by the time the first chapter were written, it would be out of date because everything changes on a daily/hourly basis.

:pray :pray :amen :amen
Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied and Survived Saddam Hussein
by Georges Sada - 2006
He was one of Saddam's top generals and foremost military advisors. A truth-teller in a government that made the truth dangerous. A devout Christian in a Muslim country.
In his book he states "Well, I want to make it clear, very clear to everybody in the world that we had the weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, and the regime used them against our Iraqi people...I know it because I have got the captains of the Iraqi airway that were my friends, and they told me these weapons of mass destruction had been moved to Syria. Iraq had some projects for nuclear weapons but it was destroyed in 1981".
His book is available on Amazon

Ghoti Ichthus

Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied and Survived Saddam Hussein
by Georges Sada - 2006
He was one of Saddam's top generals and foremost military advisors. A truth-teller in a government that made the truth dangerous. A devout Christian in a Muslim country.
In his book he states "Well, I want to make it clear, very clear to everybody in the world that we had the weapon of mass destruction in Iraq, and the regime used them against our Iraqi people...I know it because I have got the captains of the Iraqi airway that were my friends, and they told me these weapons of mass destruction had been moved to Syria. Iraq had some projects for nuclear weapons but it was destroyed in 1981".
His book is available on Amazon

The Iraqis and Iran have engaged in chemical warfare domestically and against each other for decades and decades. One of the most publicized was yellow rain. The Kurds and their sympathizers were on the receiving end from both countries. :furious :rant :mad :cry Yellow rain also showed up in southeast Asia :furious :rant :mad :cry

GEOINTAnalyst

The Iraqis and Iran have engaged in chemical warfare domestically and against each other for decades and decades. One of the most publicized was yellow rain. The Kurds and their sympathizers were on the receiving end from both countries. :furious :rant :mad :cry Yellow rain also showed up in southeast Asia :furious :rant :mad :cry
They may have called it "Yellow Rain" but in fact it was Mustard Gas which has a yellowish tint to it - it is a cytotoxin and blister agent which the Iraqis used against Iran and the Kurds during the 1980 to 1988 war. The Iranians started their own Biological/Chemical weapons program because of this. By the year 2002 a very extensive Iranian Biological Weapons-oriented infrastructure was revealed. Biological warfare agents, reportedly including anthrax, smallpox, plague, botulinum toxin and ricin toxin, have been serially manufactured and weaponized by Iran. The reason the US "Turned a blind eye" during that war was due to the fact that it was the US that supplied the Mustard GAs in the first place - how else do you think we knew Saddam had this stuff when we invaded in 2003 but what we did not know at that time was Saddam had moved that stuff moved to Syria before we invaded.
The "Yellow Rain" that was describe in Southeast Asia was in fact Bee Feces, swarms of bees gathered and it rained producing a sticky yellow substance on your skin which caused people to believe they were under a biological/chemical attack mostly over Laos and Cambodia -Analyses of putative "yellow rain" samples by the British, French and Swedish governments confirmed the presence of pollen and failed to find any trace of mycotoxins - see Christopher GW, Cieslak TJ, Pavlin JA, Eitzen EM (August 1997). "Biological warfare. A historical perspective". JAMA. 278 (5): 412–17. and https://www.jstor.org/stable/1148733?origin=crossref

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

They may have called it "Yellow Rain" but in fact it was Mustard Gas which has a yellowish tint to it - it is a cytotoxin and blister agent which the Iraqis used against Iran and the Kurds during the 1980 to 1988 war. The Iranians started their own Biological/Chemical weapons program because of this. By the year 2002 a very extensive Iranian Biological Weapons-oriented infrastructure was revealed. Biological warfare agents, reportedly including anthrax, smallpox, plague, botulinum toxin and ricin toxin, have been serially manufactured and weaponized by Iran. The reason the US "Turned a blind eye" during that war was due to the fact that it was the US that supplied the Mustard GAs in the first place - how else do you think we knew Saddam had this stuff when we invaded in 2003 but what we did not know at that time was Saddam had moved that stuff moved to Syria before we invaded.
The "Yellow Rain" that was describe in Southeast Asia was in fact Bee Feces, swarms of bees gathered and it rained producing a sticky yellow substance on your skin which caused people to believe they were under a biological/chemical attack mostly over Laos and Cambodia -Analyses of putative "yellow rain" samples by the British, French and Swedish governments confirmed the presence of pollen and failed to find any trace of mycotoxins - see Christopher GW, Cieslak TJ, Pavlin JA, Eitzen EM (August 1997). "Biological warfare. A historical perspective". JAMA. 278 (5): 412–17. and https://www.jstor.org/stable/1148733?origin=crossref

Mustard gas also leaves brownish or black scars on the skin that never go away. Lewisite hurts worse, though.

katt

If you want to know whats really going on over there, always talk to a missionary that has spent many years in the region, they know things the so called news folks never heard of, I'd love to have a ham radio, it's another way to find out what's really happening...

Back