Resurrection Bodies

ldonjohn

"God said it, that settles it!"
Thanks, everyone, for your comments and scripture references.

I began this study to hopefully find the truth about questions that came up in out Sunday school class about 3 Sundays ago. I and several other class members voiced our disagreement with a statement made by our teacher that he believes our old natural bodies will be left behind at the rapture of the church; that God will simply make new bodies for us. When I voiced my belief that God will change our old natural body into new glorified bodies, our teacher then asked me if I believe our new bodies will have scars, and I responded "yes."

Based on the scriptures that I have found which speak to the matter of the resurrected body, my belief that our natural body will be changed to a glorified body has not changed. Paul says in 1 Corinthians that he is showing us a mystery; that we shall not all sleep, or die, but we shall all be changed.

My belief that our new glorified bodies will have scars has changed. My previous belief that our new bodies will have scars was based on 1 John 3:2, but after seeing Ephesians 5:27; "That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing, but that it should be holy and without blemish," I no longer believe that our new body will have scars. Yes, I know that that verse is talking about the bride of Christ, the Church, but we are the bride of Christ.

The question about the meaning of "spiritual bodies" seems to have been answered by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44. I could be wrong about this but Paul seems to be saying that the natural body is sown in corruption, in dishonor, and in weakness; and is raised a spiritual body which is a body of incorruption, of glory, and of power.

I was not trying to prove myself right, but simply looking for truth. The last scripture I read before ending my study was Revelations 1:10-18 where John described seeing an image of the Son of Man that had a voice of trumpets, hair like wool white as snow, and eyes as a flame of fire. He the fell at the feet of the image as though he was dead. When I saw what happened to John I thought to myself, "if I could see into eternity and were to see my glorified body would I be scared almost to death or would I be so excited about my future in heaven that I would want to go there right now?" Then, I thought "perhaps God doesn't want us to know such things now, because He knows that our finite minds could not process such knowledge."

I decided that the questions raised in our class concerning the matter of our glorified bodies do not matter, to me, that God has told us all we need to know right now.

John

Batman

I think our Creator has such magnificent things waiting for us and Their promises should not frighten us out of the peace and excitement while we are playing out the human temporal mortal life right now.

Back