Some children will be left behind.

Milly_Light

I know I have always believed all children will be raptured. And I know you too believed the same. I believed it because that is what I saw in rapture movies. It has been preached too.

But why does the Bible say that the end will just be like the days of Noah? If the children who existed in Noah's days perished, what makes the children in this end of days any better?

Jesus said that our days will be like Noah's days, so who started the doctrine that all children will be raptured? I think I will find out after rapture.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Jesus said that our days will be like Noah's days, so who started the doctrine that all children will be raptured? I think I will find out after rapture.

Some here have made a very good argument that children below the age of accountability (wherever that might be) will be Raptured. I don't believe it and I don't not believe it since I don't see clarification on that question in the Word. For me, it's a wait and see. As for my feelings on the issue, I pray that God's will be done on the matter. He knows best and I'm not going to pretend that surely a loving God will do this thing or that thing.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I know I have always believed all children will be raptured. And I know you too believed the same. I believed it because that is what I saw in rapture movies. It has been preached too.

But why does the Bible say that the end will just be like the days of Noah? If the children who existed in Noah's days perished, what makes the children in this end of days any better?

That’s a good yet disturbing question...

As you stated, God did not spare children during the Flood, and God did not spare children when He ordered the Israelites to entirely destroy all those pagan tribes during the OT times.

JSTyler

I'm firmly in the camp of, "they're all coming with us." I won't argue about, won't playing dueling scriptures about, because I'm settled in and on my understanding of that aspect of God's nature, for now.

Always remember that God sees and dwells in all time at all times. Not a single child of His will escape His loving care, not even one. I firmly believe that as He could see my life from and for eternity and know all of my moments, He knows the same about every human that will ever exist, including those that have been murdered in the womb.

If a child is left behind, it's a horror and tragedy from the human perspective but is certainly isn't a mistake from God's.

Imagine this, He knows the outcomes of the choices we didn't make.

Misty S

The Rapture snatches every redeemed person, right? So if children under the age of accountability weren't snatched, they are in a state of damnation? Is that Biblical at all? And because children died in the Flood, that is not necessarily a statement about their eternal destiny. Nope. I am in the camp of "they go".

Agree with above poster about "like". Being like something does not make it an exact replication. Dangerous theology springs forth like Old Faithful with equating likes to exactness.

Last edited:

DanLMP

Side note regarding children "dying" during the flood and in Canaan:

Strictly speaking God does not kill anyone. He gives them a change of venue.

IMO, if a person who is not in a state of accountability, which includes kids, dies, they would go to be with God in His House. This would include Canaanite children. It may not include Flood children if their genetics were corrupted as some suspect.

Also, some scholars speculate that when the Israelites were told to "wipe out" certain peoples that the phrasing was hyperbole. I just heard that on a Frank Turek video today.

Misty S

Side note regarding children "dying" during the flood and in Canaan:

Strictly speaking God does not kill anyone. He gives them a change of venue.

IMO, if a person who is not in a state of accountability, which includes kids, dies, they would go to be with God in His House. This would include Canaanite children. It may not include Flood children if their genetics were corrupted as some suspect.

Also, some scholars speculate that when the Israelites were told to "wipe out" certain peoples that the phrasing was hyperbole. I just heard that on a Frank Turek video today.
I have heard that regarding hyperbole. Hubbs got me into Paul Copan on this issue and he says the same thing. Because you see but a chapter or so over or is ot verses? That people were still alive, given the command.

DanLMP

I have heard that regarding hyperbole. Hubbs got me into Paul Copan on this issue and he says the same thing. Because you see but a chapter or so over or is ot verses? That people were still alive, given the command.

Copan is who Turek was quoting but I couldn't remember his name.

Rome36863

Some here have made a very good argument that children below the age of accountability (wherever that might be) will be Raptured. I don't believe it and I don't not believe it since I don't see clarification on that question in the Word. For me, it's a wait and see. As for my feelings on the issue, I pray that God's will be done on the matter. He knows best and I'm not going to pretend that surely a loving God will do this thing or that thing.
If you look at Jewish tradition, the age of accountability would be at age 13. That is when boys and girls officially become men and women. As for the rapture of anyone under that age I agree that nothing is really spelled out in the Bible about it. No children were saved at the time of the flood, at least none are mentioned in the account. The Rapture is not the same as the flood though. So I guess the wait and see attitude is best on this one. My hope would be that all the children would be saved.

greg64

Regarding Noah, many see Enoch as a type of the Church experiencing the Rapture -- taken before judgement. Noah was preserved through judgement, much like those who flee at the tribulation midpoint will be. Additionally, I think we see much of the same mindset that was present in Noah's day in the world today. I think that analogy also speaks to the suddenness and hard-hitting nature of the events that will happen. I don't think it speaks to the issue of children being taken either way though -- I'm in the camp where I think they probably will be, but I think it's really a matter of trusting both God's mercy and His justice since scripture doesn't come out and say directly either way. All we have is our understanding of God's nature and our human reasoning about what He'll do. Whatever happens will be right.

Wings Like Eagles

We actually don't know that any children perished in the Flood. We seem to take it for granted but, if Noah and his family are an example--only Noah, his wife, his three sons and their wives were the humans aboard the Ark (Genesis 7:13). It is unthinkable that they would have left their children behind. Why weren't there any children? The answer may be that there was some kind of genetic corruption (indicated in Genesis 6). The text says that the cause was the total evil present.

Jesus indicated that there would be a similar time of corruption (physical as well as moral?) just prior to His return. Weird scientists just recently announced that they had successfully crossed monkey genes with human genes. At the same time, geneticist, John Sanford puts forth a strong premise (in his book, Genetic Entropy) that the human genome is deteriorating at such a rate that humans are on the extinction path. And not only humans but ALL life in the Creation from plants (over 50% of all the plants which have ever lived are now extinct) to animals to insects, etc. At the same time, sperm production in men is falling at such a rate that it is doubtful that more than a few of them will be capable of fathering a child by the year, 2037. And the fall in sperm production appears to be accelerating. Hosea 4:3 depicts a "disappearance" of many animals in the Last Days. Looks like that will apply to humans as well, which Hosea notes in saying that the people are "wasting away".

Wings Like Eagles

Just because they didn't get on the boat with Noah doesn't mean God didn't take them to heaven. On matters like this, I just trust God. He is God. He will do what is right.
Yes--it is possible that there were no children present at that time or that they were raptured along with Enoch. People seemed to live a long time before they had children, prior to the Flood. One thing we know is that there were no children taken aboard the Ark (Gen. 7:13 states what humans were aboard) and it is unthinkable that righteous Noah would have left his grandchildren behind.

Dave_97

I as well don’t know this answer. However, the main difference between Noah’s flood and the rapture is that in Noah’s flood those saved in the ark were simply preserved from physical death. At the rapture the dead will be raised in glorified bodies, and those still alive will get glorified bodies and go to heaven. So if the children who died in Noah’s age went to heaven, it makes a good argument they might get raptured and also go to heaven. Since the rapture is about meeting in heaven anyways.

However, God might just let them die here and end up in heaven and get their new bodies later. Honestly I don’t know but I trust God is just.

Andy C

It’s inconceivable to me that our God, a God who wrote a book for us to study, which told us what we need to know about Him, a God who desires all to be saved, would send those young kids to hell, who never had a chance to choose for themselves. I know, God does not send anyone to hell, we all get to make the foolish or wise decision. However, can an infant, or toddler, or even a 5 year old clearly understand the gospel, and make the wise decision?

I do believe in the term “age of accountability“ but I also think its a age much younger than many believe.

Lovin Jesus

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
Matthew 34:27-28

I have had the impression with this verse that Jesus used the days of Noah was a comparison but not to be exact. Jesus used that time because it was when God judged the world for the first time and God is going to judge the world again. But here's where the comparison lays. The flood came swiftly. It came unexpectedly and the marrying and eating and drinking Only represents how preoccupied people were at that time with daily life that when the flood came they "took no note" or were caught off guard. In that respect, like the days of Noah when the sudden destruction comes upon the earth, people will again be preoccupied with daily life that they too will be "swept away". I don't think the days of Noah refers to the flood itself or how people died but to how the condition or state of the people will be when judgement comes upon the earth, busy, routine, not taking notice of the coming judgement . As for children being judged, I cant say for sure but I think the age of accountability is in this, but not sure. I just think what I said about as the days of Noah just means the state people will be in when judgement comes that's why Jesus specifies every day things like eating drinking and getting married.

Last edited:
Back