Another Accidental Shooting in Minneapolis

motofan90

Look at what most of these cases have had in common in the last year. This attitude of running from the police instead of surrendering. This idea that you run from the police instead of just letting them take you in. He had a warrant and knew he was going to jail. From the report I saw he called his mom and gave her a story and the news is going to focus on that instead of the fact he was on a list for detainment for another criminal offense. Doesn't make what the officer did justified but now going and looting and attacking the police station is uncalled for. I think it is time for the woke emotions to stop and listen to all of the facts instead of this vigilante court of public opinion. Burning and looting isn't going to change things and these communities need to squash that behavior. Total anarchy happening because they aren't stopping it. Ruining other lives of residents and business owners is not the answer. There has also been a deification of people involved in the shootings. I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around that shrines for some of these people when they had a criminal record and didn't comply when pulled over. Of course cops do make bad judgements and there are cops that don't follow the rule and abuse power. The fact that some are so woke calling for lawlessness and yes the idea of turning the police dept. into a social workers dept is just a front from essentially not holding criminals accountable. There is no way social workers can full deal with and deescalate domestic violence and public acts of violence it looks good in theory it is not sound or based in real world application.

Last edited:

dentndude2

A police officer fatally shot a Black man, identified as Daunte Wright, after he was pulled over in a Minneapolis suburb Sunday, leading to clashes between protesters and law enforcement. On Monday, the police chief for the city of Brooklyn Center said the unidentified officer intended to use her Taser but instead grabbed her gun and shot Wright.

During a press conference, police released bodycam video of the shooting. In the video, the officer who shot Wright shouted "Taser" multiple times before firing her gun at Wright at close range while Wright was in the driver's seat.

"I just shot him," the officer said as the car drove away.
Sunday's shooting happened in the midst of the Derek Chauvin trial for the killing of George Floyd.

Police said the incident occurred just before 2 p.m. Sunday. After Wright was pulled over, police determined there was an outstanding warrant for him. When they tried to arrest him, he got back in his vehicle, and the unidentified officer fired at Wright. Police said his vehicle traveled several blocks before hitting another one.

Wright was pronounced dead at the scene. No one in the second vehicle was hurt.

A crowd began to gather at the crash scene later in the afternoon. Just after 6 p.m., protesters tore down crime scene tape, with the crowd and the victim's family demanding answers from law enforcement, CBS Minnesota reports.

more at
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/daunte-wright-killed-police-brooklyn-center-minnesota-protests/
I hate to say it but as an 18 year police officer, this officer should be fired and prosecuted. I say this after seeing the body camera video. If I was the supervisor, of which I am at my agency, that would be my recommendation. Her actions are indefensible.

motofan90

I hate to say it but as an 18 year police officer, this officer should be fired and prosecuted. I say this after seeing the body camera video. If I was the supervisor, of which I am at my agency, that would be my recommendation. Her actions are indefensible.
Negligent Homicide? That is what it looks like even if it was not intended the officer made a bad judgement and didn't follow proper training protocols.

motofan90

How can so many idiots continue to fight with police? It seems there is a new law that requires all suspects to resist arrest and fight with police. All these incidents have the same common denominator.
It is being ingrained into culture. Look at where the problem really lies is the youth being lured into gangs and drug dealing. Break the chain and provide stability and prevent them being lured in to lifestyles that ruin their lives. The African American community is being decimated due to gang activities and broken families and the youth are being left alone and the older gang members and drug traffic crowed lure them into the lifestyle.

Joseph The Carpenter

We are witnessing the beginning of the collapse of society. From the person driving down the road ignoring the speed limit to the President ignoring the constitution and allowing the invasion of our country.
Young people today have never been made to answer to authority.
My Dad taught me to answer to authority so I respected the teachers and any adult I came into contact with.
This young man committed a violent crime and was released without bail a few weeks ago, the police should have done the same.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
Her being an experienced officer (as reported), most likely will not help her case.

FaithnHope

Loved and changed by Jesus.
I can’t judge her, in the stress of the moment she clearly got confused. Now she will spend the rest of her life reliving that awful exchange knowing it killed a man and triggered horrible riots again. I feel awful for her. Mistakes really do happen and she will likely pay for the rest of her life.

NewWine2020

Don't have warrants. Cooperate.

I agree with you 100% I have a feeling that an unfortunately high percentage of the American people would respond to that with:

“But...but...that’s rAcIsT!”

I don’t understand the culture/mindset that makes people respond with aggression to police officers rather than lawful submission. They are not going to win in a fight with the cops..even if they get away,they would be quickly hunted down.

So, why fight? It must be for “rep/street credit” is the only thing I can come up with, they cannot ALL be mentally ill which is the only reason I would accept as a justifiable reason.

I’m sure I’ll change my mindset when the police forces work for an anti Christian agenda one day but until then...we are called to submit ot lawful authorities and the fact that these people did not makes it 100% their fault IMHO.

penbrat

It's a terrible situation all the way around. The guy shouldn't have run but didn't deserve to die. The officer should have known better but probably doesn't deserve what she will end up with. 2 lives ruined. Plus their families. So very sad. As for these rioters who are breaking into businesses and stealing and destroying property - well I won't say what my thoughts are on them right now. Cause they are not very nice thoughts.

depserv

Out of a nation of 330 million people all kinds of bad things will happen, and with black men committing a disproportionate amount of crime a disproportionate amount of the bad things will happen between police and black men. The liberal press cherry picks things to focus attention on in order to manipulate simple-minded people; they make the exception to the rule look like the rule, not the exception that it is, and in doing that they fill those susceptible to manipulation with hate. That hate is then turned into mass violence, which creates chaos, and the chaos is used by the liberal cult as an excuse to carry out its agenda.

Remember this doctrine followed religiously by the liberal press: Newsworthiness is determined by and proportional to propaganda effect; if it will promote the liberal agenda it is newsworthy; it it will detract from that agenda it is not.

I remember a few months back seeing a local news report of a police shooting in Phoenix. A young man and woman (both white) were in a motel room at night playing a video game and getting loud. Someone heard them and thought it might be a domestic violence incident going on (it wasn't), so they called the police. Two officers came and knocked on the door, standing out of the way where the person inside couldn't see them if he looked through the peephole. When he answered the door he had a pistol in his hand, not being held in a threatening manner; this is prudent if someone knocks on your motel room door at night. As soon as the police saw the gun in his hand they opened fire on him, killing him. Even though the guy was not threatening them in any way the shooting was called justified (I haven't heard any more about it so I assume that hasn't changed).

If the guy shot by the police had been black, the incident would have made national news, and liberals would be outraged over what they would call another racist killing by police. Similarly, if George Floyd had been white, but everything else was exactly the same, his death would not have made national news.

When Vicki and Sammy Weaver, the wife and son of Randy Weaver, were murdered by federal government thugs there was no outrage from the liberal cult; in fact they did their best to promote the lie that it was justified. The closer you look at that incident the worse the government looks. Randy Weaver even won a wrongful death lawsuit against the government. But the perpetrators were never brought to justice. And the liberal cult was perfectly fine with it. Just imagine if the Weavers had been a black family.

I don't know enough about this particular case to form an opinion, but it does look bad for the officer, since pulling a gun thinking it's a taser and killing a man with it is a huge and unacceptable blunder. A large majority of people who get shot do not die of their injury. So did this officer aim what she thought was a taser at a vital organ? Did she look at the sights? Or did she just get really unlucky?

In most of these things race is not an issue; the liberal cult injects race into them purely for a political purpose.

Those who are manipulated by this selective reporting likely want to be manipulated. Some people seem to think it feels good to hate. And I suppose it's nice to have an excuse to go out and have a riot and steal a bunch of stuff.

NewWine2020

It is being ingrained into culture. Look at where the problem really lies is the youth being lured into gangs and drug dealing. Break the chain and provide stability and prevent them being lured in to lifestyles that ruin their lives. The African American community is being decimated due to gang activities and broken families and the youth are being left alone and the older gang members and drug traffic crowed lure them into the lifestyle.

IMO, this all began with the break down of the nuclear family; the “ghetto/thug culture” is literally a type of generational curse inflicted on the African American community as a whole. Individuals can rise above it but there are so many societal factors that make the possibility seem impossible to many.

I’m a white dude so I’d probably get torn apart by African Americans that follow the BLM banner into battle but IMHO, the biggest problem the black community has always had is thinking that rich white liberals are going to take care of them. Not so. These are the real enemies of the African American community and have always benefited from keeping them in a state of perpetual dependency.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Just a thought-
To supplement the difference in the location where a taser is worn, disconnecting a lethal firearm from its holster also disconnects an electrical circuit, setting off a two second shrill whine to alert the officer he has pulled his pistol.
That's no good in certain tactical and warrant service applications. Besides, loud noise can block out environmental noises, including those made by people or animals, and lead to officer(s) missing important information/clues and getting killed or using wrong tactics/levels of force, etc. That two seconds of noise could mask someone saying/yelling, "I give up" or "watch out for the child" etc. etc., etc. Or it could mask the breathing or footsteps of a suspect, victim, innocent bystander, etc.

No thank you. My hearing was extremely important to my and other people's safety, especially on overnights.

:tappingfoot

Back