The Jehovah’s Witnesses

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Im not sure how they even got my phone number but i received a cold canvass call on my mobile from the Joeys yesterday, i took a leaf from the advice of Andy Woods and told them im not interested as my biblical knowledge to rebuttal the twists on scripture that these guys have is not quite there yet.

I use to harass the Mormons too. If you go on their website, there is a chat feature where you can chat with someone. I would go on there and ask them about the planet they've identified as Heaven. I think it is called Kolb? Anyway, they would deny knowing anything about it, so I would tell them my Uncle, dad or whoever came to mind was a high ranking Mormon who told me the truth. They blocked my IP Address. lol.

It's "Kolob"; they think God lives there with his "many wives" and has "spirit babies". Really wacked-out stuff.

Mish

This world is not my home!
Im not sure how they even got my phone number but i received a cold canvass call on my mobile from the Joeys yesterday, i took a leaf from the advice of Andy Woods and told them im not interested as my biblical knowledge to rebuttal the twists on scripture that these guys have is not quite there yet.

Well, my brother is confused (too) as to how they found his address, this week!
He received a 3-page hand-written letter from a gal that lives in the same town (outside of NYC). I asked him to digitally forward the letter to me and while a “kind” letter, it directed & encouraged him to seek answers from their JW.org website, enjoy free bible studies, etc. Such ubiquitous falsehoods. :tsk

The gist of the letter was an appeal to the uncertain times that started this January (just since January, huh?) and mentioning that God would be bringing peace to our current world. (Nothing about actual End Times prophecy)

I wrote him back, warning my brother about their apostate religion. I told him that she was probably a very sweet gal, but also very brainwashed. I assume that these handwritten letters are the JW way around, during the Covid-19 crisis. Again, I assume that this is a replacement for their people to meet the required mission hours that are normally accumulated by knocking on doors.

Maranatha! :pray

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
I am currently working on my sister who has been a Jehovah's Wittiness for over 50 years. Her name is Carol and please pray for her if you can. One of the big things they use to dissuade people from Christianity is the Trinity. They say things like, how can God be in Heaven and on earth at the same time? Or how can Jesus be praying to himself? All things that don't make sense to us humans.

Here is the thing though. If I told them that Supper Man could fly, bend steel, look through walls, burn things by staring at them, resist bullets, split himself into two parts or any other things he could do, they would just believe it. Why? Because he is Super Man and can do most anything. Well God can also do anything, so why is it so hard to believe that he is three in one? They are trying to use their human comprehension to understand a God. Just like you can't use your human comprehension to understand or question what Supper Man can do, you also can't use you human comprehension to understand or question what God can do.

Actually the hardest thing for me to comprehend about God, is that he created something from nothing! That's a pretty good trick!

Andy C

I am currently working on my sister who has been a Jehovah's Wittiness for over 50 years. Her name is Carol and please pray for her if you can. One of the big things they use to dissuade people from Christianity is the Trinity. They say things like, how can God be in Heaven and on earth at the same time? Or how can Jesus be praying to himself? All things that don't make sense to us humans.

Here is the thing though. If I told them that Supper Man could fly, bend steel, look through walls, burn things by staring at them, resist bullets, split himself into two parts or any other things he could do, they would just believe it. Why? Because he is Super Man and can do most anything. Well God can also do anything, so why is it so hard to believe that he is three in one? They are trying to use their human comprehension to understand a God. Just like you can't use your human comprehension to understand or question what Supper Man can do, you also can't use you human comprehension to understand or question what God can do.

Actually the hardest thing for me to comprehend about God, is that he created something from nothing! That's a pretty good trick!
For for your sister to see the Light of the Truth.

Nemophilist

I'd like to share my recent experience with a Jehovah's Witness. I was shopping in Costco and a little old lady tried to give me some JW literature. I said to her what I usually say when confronted by them: I am not taking your literature because I don't believe as you do. She exclaimed 'you don't believe in GOD???' I said I believe Jesus is the son of God and He IS God. She said 'Jesus can't be the son of God AND God' I was done replying to her, so I said YES He can! And then walked away from her.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
My sister is a Jehovah's Witness and I have been working on converting her from that cult. Here is the last E-Mail message I sent her below.

Carol,
Since you keep sending me information as to why Jesus is not God, I thought I would send you some scriptures I personally found that say Jesus is God. :)

The Creation of the World by God
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
* Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. * (Notice God says us and our, meaning plural terms.)
Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The Word Became Flesh - Jesus created everything
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
* John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
* John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus is the image of the invisible God and again created everything
Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
* Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
* Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Here are some scriptures that seem to conflict if Jesus is not God.
1. In Exodus 20:3 God commands us not to have any gods other than him.
2. In John 1:1 it states that Jesus (the Word) is God (or a god in the JW bible).
3. In Matthew 1:23 it states that Jesus name when interpreted means God with us.
4. In John 20:28 Thomas calls Jesus, my Lord my God.

Here are those verses in the King James Version of the Bible
Exodus 20:3
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

The JWs simply refuse to admit their past. Up until the early fifties they admitted they had branched off of seventh day adventism. They even had a temporary alliance with SDA branch-off Herbert Armstrong in the late 40's.

Whenever they change their view, they simply announce their new position to the "flock" and remove all of their former books that champion the old position. Revisionist history, plain and simple, rewrite their own history. By the time a new position arises, the old witnesses that remember the old positions are gone. They no longer include the "1914" statement at the front of the watchtower, as time itself proved that the tribulation didn't start then. At least half of the JWs that were around in the 90's when they did that have been replaced. The rest have their minds wiped of it.

They have quite a revolving door. With of course the resultant shattered families, due to their incessant shunning. That is why recently the Russian government has again banned them, because of the damage JWs do to families. You cannot meet a JW without a family that is shattered through shunning.

Lovin Jesus

I’m not sure what brought this to mind today but I was thinking about the eleven years I spent as a JW which ended in 1985. Over those years there was a phrase used a lot which I never put much thought into. Even over the following years up until recently I didn’t think much of it but today it hit me. First, I never had even heard of a one world government being spoken of in prophecy. I didn’t know about an antichrist who would lead that OWG. It wasn’t until after I was saved 18 years ago I began learning about these things. What hit me recently was that the JW use the phrase New World Order a lot. That’s what they call what they view as a new government system under the rule of Jesus. Now they use the word system a lot, and refer a post Armageddon government as the New World Order. Interesting it’s the same phrase used by many to describe the OWG under antichrist. It’s just strange that the same term used by the JW for the new “ government system” they expect is the term for antichrist OWG. I’d never heard of any religious organization using that phrase other than JW. But many theologians who speak of the OWG have used the term New World Order to describe what antichrist will rule under. I know I’m repeating myself here but the coincidence just hit me all of a sudden.

Lady Di

Finishing my race with joy
The bottom line on the Witnesses is that they believe Jesus is a created being and not God. Sorry, but that's the hill I die on. Jesus is God, the One who has always existed. He is God in flesh.
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (emphasis is mine.)

Lovin Jesus

The bottom line on the Witnesses is that they believe Jesus is a created being and not God. Sorry, but that's the hill I die on. Jesus is God, the One who has always existed. He is God in flesh.
"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (emphasis is mine.)
Yes when they wrote their own bible they changed john 1:1 from the word was God to the word was a god

Yes when they wrote their own bible they changed john 1:1 from the word was God to the word was a god
1. I have actually used Deuteronomy and said to JWs that this passage in THEIR Bible is wrong. It violates the first commandment, "you shall have no other gods before me.."

2. Another point is that in ancient Greek and Hebrew had no capitlization system, so no lower case, upper case distinctions are possible.

3. Another Point is that the apostle Thomas, after putting his finger in Jesus' wound said to Jesus"My Lord and my god!" Jesius did not rebuke him for that but let it stand. If Jesus was not Thomas' god he was then guilty of violating the first commandment and thereby unqualified to be a messiah, as he would then be a sinner.

I have used these points with JWs and they just stare at me with glazed eyes. Most of them will thereby conclude that I'm no longer productive to continue to talk to me as I would not likely make a recruit. At no point in their consideration is that I may be speaking the truth. Their minds always returns to that the Watchtower is God's mouthpiece and interpreter of the Bible. When the Bible and the watchtower don't agree, then it is the Bible that is corrupt, not the Watchtower.

John 10:26-27, KJV:
"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

The Watchtower organization teaches works, which produces pride, and pride gets in the way of submitting to the Holy Spirit to even aquire truth. Truth is not what the Watchtower says it is (though that's what it claims). Truth is what God says it is.

Epesians 2:8-10: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Last edited:

Lovin Jesus

1. I have actually used Deuteronomy and said to JWs that this passage in THEIR Bible is wrong. It violates the first commandment, "you shall have no other gods before me.."

2. Another point is that in ancient Greek and Hebrew had no capitlization system, so no lower case, upper case distinctions are possible.

3. Another Point is that the apostle Thomas, after putting his finger in Jesus' wound said to Jesus"My Lord and my god!" Jesius did not rebuke him for that but let it stand. If Jesus was not Thomas' god he was then guilty of violating the first commandment and thereby unqualified to be a messiah, as he would then be a sinner.

I have used these points with JWs and they just stare at me with glazed eyes. Most of them will thereby conclude that I'm no longer productive to continue to talk to me as I would not likely make a recruit. At no point in their consideration is that I may be speaking the truth. Their minds always returns to that the Watchtower is God's mouthpiece and interpreter of the Bible. When the Bible and the watchtower don't agree, then it is the Bible that is corrupt, not the Watchtower.

John 10:26-27, KJV:
"But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

The Watchtower organization teaches works, which produces pride, and pride gets in the way of submitting to the Holy Spirit to even aquire truth. Truth is not what the Watchtower says it is (though that's what it claims). Truth is what God says it is.

Epesians 2:8-10: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Also this verse says it all too,

Titus 2:13 ESV
Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Back