Ark Of The Covenant Location

Len

Below is a link that I found very interesting when I was looking into this question, regarding the ark of the covenant. I was doing a personal study on the Day of Atonement and wanted to know where the ark was taken. Whether it is true or not only God knows.
Hope this helps,
God bless,
Albert
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Maccabees+2&version=NRSVCE
I saw a documentary awhile back called "the copper scroll project" in which they were confident they knew where Jeremiah had placed the old tent/tabernacle and the ark along with various other hiding places of temple utensils (possibly even the ashes of the red heifer) like most of these type of reports for me, I find them exciting but they do not make a lot of difference in reality as I already believe the bible and what is going to happen and I do not need proof of God's validity and truth but still :rolleyes: ..............

DanLMP

Below is a link that I found very interesting when I was looking into this question, regarding the ark of the covenant. I was doing a personal study on the Day of Atonement and wanted to know where the ark was taken. Whether it is true or not only God knows.
Hope this helps,
God bless,
Albert
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Maccabees+2&version=NRSVCE

I found this portion very interesting:

"It was also in the same document that the prophet, having received an oracle, ordered that the tent and the ark should follow with him, and that he went out to the mountain where Moses had gone up and had seen the inheritance of God. 5 Jeremiah came and found a cave-dwelling, and he brought there the tent and the ark and the altar of incense; then he sealed up the entrance. 6 Some of those who followed him came up intending to mark the way, but could not find it. 7 When Jeremiah learned of it, he rebuked them and declared: “The place shall remain unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. 8 Then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated.”"

The implication being that the location of the ark will be revealed. Assuming you put any credit in Maccabees.

antitox

The way I see it if the ark were placed in the rebuilt temple in the trib, then you know who is going to go in there and sit upon it, right? Yep, the devil. Not gonna happen. I maintain that it is with God in heaven since that is what the bible describes.

athenasius

The implication being that the location of the ark will be revealed. Assuming you put any credit in Maccabees.
I tend to put credit in the Maccabees as I do with any reputable historical source. Not like I treat the Bible, but the same as I look at Josephus, Enoch, Jasher etc. Historical accounts may contain inaccuracies, reflecting the human sources doing the writing but I see no reason not to believe them, that they were quoting from some long ago document that detailed Jeremiah's experiences hiding the Temple stuff for safekeeping.

If they quoted Jeremiah accurately that is a possible prophecy from a very well credentialed Biblical prophet, and it sounds like he aims it towards the time of Jesus second coming at the very end of the Tribulation when God shows His mercy to the Jewish people, and rescues them after gathering them once again prior to and still more during the Tribulation period.

That makes sense. All the theories have points in their favour or they wouldn't be possibilities to consider. But this one might be more likely given that connection with Jeremiah. And I like @antitox argument that the true Ark of the Covenant would be best not desecrated in the Third Temple (the Antichrist temple). Whether in heaven or a place that God showed Jeremiah to hide it till He alone would reveal it, it's best kept by God. If the Maccabees were simply blowing smoke, for reasons of their own, that might also be.

The Ark was missing thru the Second Temple period from Nehemiah's day to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD.

The Jews don't have to have the Ark to conduct sacrifices and have a working Temple any more than they did in the Second Temple.

The Temple Institute knows that and may actually come out and say nobody is allowed to see it when they finally "bring it in" -- keeping it quiet that they don't actually have the Ark. Not that I'm saying people have a tendency to fudge the truth when it suits their purpose or anything. I would hope the Maccabees and the current Temple Institute are truthful and pure as the driven snow, but there is always that fudge factor. And I'm more likely to listen to the Maccabees anyway just cause I like ancient historical sources doing their own talking.

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
I tend to put credit in the Maccabees as I do with any reputable historical source. Not like I treat the Bible, but the same as I look at Josephus, Enoch, Jasher etc. Historical accounts may contain inaccuracies, reflecting the human sources doing the writing but I see no reason not to believe them, that they were quoting from some long ago document that detailed Jeremiah's experiences hiding the Temple stuff for safekeeping.

If they quoted Jeremiah accurately that is a possible prophecy from a very well credentialed Biblical prophet, and it sounds like he aims it towards the time of Jesus second coming at the very end of the Tribulation when God shows His mercy to the Jewish people, and rescues them after gathering them once again prior to and still more during the Tribulation period.

That makes sense. All the theories have points in their favour or they wouldn't be possibilities to consider. But this one might be more likely given that connection with Jeremiah. And I like @antitox argument that the true Ark of the Covenant would be best not desecrated in the Third Temple (the Antichrist temple). Whether in heaven or a place that God showed Jeremiah to hide it till He alone would reveal it, it's best kept by God. If the Maccabees were simply blowing smoke, for reasons of their own, that might also be.

The Ark was missing thru the Second Temple period from Nehemiah's day to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 AD.

The Jews don't have to have the Ark to conduct sacrifices and have a working Temple any more than they did in the Second Temple.

The Temple Institute knows that and may actually come out and say nobody is allowed to see it when they finally "bring it in" -- keeping it quiet that they don't actually have the Ark. Not that I'm saying people have a tendency to fudge the truth when it suits their purpose or anything. I would hope the Maccabees and the current Temple Institute are truthful and pure as the driven snow, but there is always that fudge factor. And I'm more likely to listen to the Maccabees anyway just cause I like ancient historical sources doing their own talking.
Very well said Athenasious. Heb.9:5 mentions the ark only to state the obvious, which is that they cannot discuss it in detail.

Last edited:

lismore

Is it possible that the passage in Maccabees could tie in with the bible?

2 Maccabees 2:7 “The place shall remain unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows his mercy. 8 Then the Lord will disclose these things, and the glory of the Lord and the cloud will appear, as they were shown in the case of Moses, and as Solomon asked that the place should be specially consecrated.”

Ps 102:16 "The nations will fear the name of the LORD, all the kings of the earth will revere your glory. For the LORD will rebuild Zion and appear in his glory"

Both speak broadly of the rebuilding of Zion, return of the Jews, then the Lord appearing in glory. Perhaps the Lord will reveal the Ark at that time.

It would be unbelievable if the faithful believers in Israel had not sought to preserve the Ark, knowing it's importance, to keep it safe for the Last Days. The Dead Sea Scrolls were hidden in a cave for centuries, so could the Ark. God Bless All :)

Momma D

Since Maccabees is an extra-biblical text found in the catholic version of the Bible, I chose not to read it.
Wonder why biblegateway is using those types of materials as references?
I read something on the forum the other day about biblegateway making changes to legitimate texts...hmm, maybe they are no longer a reliable source...?
I obviously don't know if other writings tie in with the Bible, but I am sticking with Biblical information so as to not let 'wrong' information seep into my spirit.

Last edited:

lismore

Since Maccabees is an extra-biblical text found in the catholic version of the Bible, I chose not to read it.

Hello Momma. True, I agree with you that it's not scripture and it's nowhere near scripture. Perhaps some Historical information can be gleaned from it though. At the time the Maccabees was written there must have been a story circulating about the Ark of the Covenant being hidden somewhere which the author included. Which is not to imply that the story is true, just that it was circulating. God Bless :)

Momma D

Hello Momma. True, I agree with you that it's not scripture and it's nowhere near scripture. Perhaps some Historical information can be gleaned from it though. At the time the Maccabees was written there must have been a story circulating about the Ark of the Covenant being hidden somewhere which the author included. Which is not to imply that the story is true, just that it was circulating. God Bless :)
Thanks for your input...I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Back