Warning the Witnesses

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Warning the Witnesses
By T.A. McMahon

One has to admire the zeal of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. They put in many hours going door to door trying to convince people they don’t know to believe what they believe. Although the zeal is commendable in one sense, it’s tragic in another. Their incessant labor to attain salvation is worse than fruitless; even more important, it is a rejection of the only way they can be saved.

Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John:14:6). Jesus is God “manifest in the flesh” (1 Timothy:3:16). He declares that He is Jehovah God and that those who do not believe in Him cannot be saved: “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John:8:24).

There are many very good ministries and resources that address the errors and deceits of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Even though I am familiar with a number of such ministries and their books, articles, and videos, I have to admit that I am hardly the well-equipped, ready-to-straighten-them-out apologist I should be when JWs come to my door. One of the problems is that they come by at unexpected, even inopportune, times, and too often my flesh would much rather avoid them or send them packing. My wife takes another tack (which doesn’t help matters). She uses the “honey approach,” which is not to be confused with the “you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar” tactic. After she greets them, she calls out to me, “Honey, it’s for you!” To say that I’ve had a good attitude in the past about engaging them would be as truthful as their New World Translation. So, I’m under much conviction to repent of my former ways and, by God’s grace, be willing to minister to those who are just as lost and in bondage as I was before Christ transformed my life.

To that end, this article is hardly the “be all and end all” for witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses, but some may find it helpful. Part of the problem is that the JWs have so many false teachings that it can be a dilemma remembering them, not to mention deciding what to address. They have their own error-filled bible, which was fabricated in order to support their unbiblical doctrines. They have false prophecies. They have another gospel. They have an erroneous view of death and eternal punishment. And they have dangerous practices that are based upon their false beliefs. To compound the problem, at least one of the JWs who comes to your door is a veteran and well trained to argue against anyone who would object to his cult’s beliefs.

What I propose, for those who want to minister to the JWs yet who identify with my own shortcomings, is to keep things simple by zeroing in on their chief problem: they do not believe that Jesus is God, but rather a created god. Their New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (NWT) spells that out quite clearly by corrupting John:1:3: “In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.” Jesus, whom JWs believe is “the Word,” is “a god.” The problems with that teaching defy both what the Bible teaches and reason. Exodus:20:1-3 declares, “And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” Jehovah God forbids the manifestation of other gods simply because there is only one God: “I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any” (Isaiah:44:6,8). Isaiah declares that same truth over and over again (Isaiah:43:10; 45:5-6,18,21-22). Therefore, all other gods are false gods.

The biblical objections to Jehovah God having created Jesus as a god are found throughout Scripture. First of all, no verse in the Bible testifies to that JW teaching, and, as we’ve seen, it clearly contradicts the many verses declaring that there is only one God. Moreover, Jesus, rather than being a “created god,” is the creator and sustainer of all things: “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist” (Colossians:1:16-17). The NWT injects the bracketed word “[other]” between “all” and “things” in order to deny the exclusive aspect of Jesus creating “all things,” of which only God is capable. Written to support the false teachings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the NWT nevertheless elsewhere unwittingly confirms Jesus as the exclusive creator of “all things”: “All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence” (John:1:3 NWT).

The false JW teaching that Jesus is inferior to Jehovah God as a “created god” makes His many statements of claiming to be God a lie, and therefore He himself a liar. In Exodus, the Lord declared to Moses, “I AM THAT I AM: and he said, thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you” (Exodus:3:14). In Isaiah:43:10, as well as many other places, Jehovah announces that He is the only true God by declaring Himself to be the “I am,” that is, the eternal self-existing One. JWs argue that Jesus is not Jehovah, which contradicts the numerous times Jesus identifies himself as Jehovah, the “I am” (John:8:28; 11:25; 13:13; 14:10-11, and many others). In John:8:58-59 Jesus proclaimed, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” Although the Watchtower Society doesn’t accept the fact that Jesus was claiming to be Jehovah God by His declaration, the Jewish religious leaders took Him at His word when He said that He and His Father are one: “Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God” (John:10:30-33). Jesus did not correct their accusation because He indeed is God.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are in serious trouble and they need to be told so. The denial of the biblical teaching that Jesus is Jehovah God is a direct rejection of the only One who can save them. They say that’s not the case because they believe Jehovah is their savior. They are half-right because Jehovah is certainly the Savior. In fact—Jehovah is the only Savior: “I, even I, am the Lord [Jehovah]; and beside me there is no saviour.…There is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else” (Isaiah:43:11; 45:21-22). Yet their being “half-right” is akin to a bridge that only spans halfway; travelers attempting to cross it will go to their death. Jesus said if they do not believe that He is Jehovah they will die in their sins (John:8:24).

If there is only one Savior, what then of the verses proclaiming “our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ”? (2 Peter:1:11; 3:18) Jesus and God can be our Savior only if they are one in the same. That’s exactly what we are told in Titus:2:13, which refers to Jesus as “the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.” The Greek grammar is indisputable in support of this verse that God and our Savior Jesus Christ are the same.

Only the teaching of the Trinity can reconcile those verses declaring that there is only one God and one Savior, yet Jehovah is the Savior and Jesus is the Savior. JWs, however, not only reject the Trinity doctrine, they also distort what biblical Christians actually believe, insinuating the false idea that they worship three Gods. Not true. The God of the Bible, that is, Jehovah God, consists of the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit: one God, three Persons. Although a comprehension of God existing in three persons is beyond the grasp of the human mind, that is the clear teaching throughout the Scriptures. Furthermore, the revealed character of God offers many logical reasons why God cannot be a singular Being as the Jehovah’s Witnesses claim. Consider, for example, the truth that God is love (1 John:4:8). God is also eternal and perfectly complete. Yet love demands an object to love. As a singular Being, He would need to create an object of His love in order to love. Such a need, if true, would exhibit His lack of being perfectly complete. But couldn’t He simply love Himself? No. Self-love is unbiblical. Since 1 Corinthians:13:5 teaches us that love isn’t self-seeking, God would be contradicting His own Word. Love, therefore, must always have existed in the Trinity, in which all three Beings of the Godhead love each other.

Are there two Jehovahs? The first part of Isaiah:44:6 declares, “Thus saith the Lord [Jehovah] the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord [Jehovah] of hosts,” and just so there is no misunderstanding, the Lord Jehovah sets the record straight in the latter part of verse 6: “I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.” Again, only the doctrine of the Trinity makes sense of this verse. Furthermore, the King of Israel and His redeemer the Lord of hosts both signify Jesus, who is the King of Israel and the King of kings and our redeemer (John:18:33,37; 1 Timothy:6:15; Revelation:19:16; Titus:2:14).

Further proofs abound that Jesus must be Jehovah God. Consider for example His acceptance of worship. Jesus himself declared that only God is to be worshiped (Matthew:4:10) yet He accepted worship as a child by the wise men (2:11), by a leper (8:2), by a ruler (9:18), as the Son of God by His disciples (14:33), by the two Marys after His resurrection (28:9), and by many others including Thomas, who declared to Him, “My Lord and my God” (John:20:28). He is the image of the invisible God (Colossians:1:15). By Him all things consist (vs. 17). Jesus is identified as the Son, the mighty God, the everlasting Father(Isaiah:9:6). Jesus is the “Almighty” God, as the Book of Revelation proclaims throughout (Revelation:1:8; 4:8; 11:17; 15:3; 16:7,14; 19:15-16). He made Himself equal with God (Phil:2:6; John:5:18). In Jesus dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians:2:9). Only God can forgive sin, yet Jesus forgave sin (Luke:5:20-25).

Jehovah’s Witnesses have been deceived into believing that their zealous works are what Jehovah requires for His forgivness of their sins and their acceptance by Him. Jesus, however, set straight those who had the same belief: “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent” (John:6:28-29). Only Jesus, as God and Man, could (and did!) pay the penalty for the sins of mankind. This He fully accomplished as He hung upon the Cross. Tragically, JWs have rejected their only hope of eternal life with Jesus because they are looking to “another Jesus,” a created one of their own fabrication. They need to be warned, however brief one’s encounter with them might be.

I suggest that the first question to ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses at your door is whether or not they believe that Jesus is Jehovah God. You are not looking for their rationale but rather a declarative yes or no! “No” will be their obvious response, and following that, I recommend that you give them the solemn warnings from the Scriptures, beginning with Jesus’ words: “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John:8:24). Then, “if we deny him, he also will deny us” (2 Timothy:2:12), and “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John:12:48). And finally, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John:3:36). Those verses contain the seeds of conviction that I believe need to be planted, followed, of course, by prayer that God’s Word will take root within those lost souls at your door and deliver them from their temporal bondage and eternal separation from Jehovah God. TBC

https://www.raptureforums.com/cults-false-religions/warning-the-witnesses/

mattfivefour

I suggest that the first question to ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses at your door is whether or not they believe that Jesus is Jehovah God. You are not looking for their rationale but rather a declarative yes or no! “No” will be their obvious response, and following that, I recommend that you give them the solemn warnings from the Scriptures, beginning with Jesus’ words: “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John:8:24). Then, “if we deny him, he also will deny us” (2 Timothy:2:12), and “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John:12:48). And finally, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” (John:3:36). Those verses contain the seeds of conviction that I believe need to be planted, followed, of course, by prayer that God’s Word will take root within those lost souls at your door and deliver them from their temporal bondage and eternal separation from Jehovah God.
Absolutely EXCELLENT!!! ALL Christians can do this. There is no need for debate or argument with a JW. Just do what is contained in this one short paragraph.

RonJohnSilver

The A&E network aired, last week in Texas, a 2 hr. program by Leah Remini, the ex-Scientology actress who has been producing some anti-Scientology shows the last 2 years.

Last weeks show was about JWs, with about 12 former members discussing their problems with the cult. I won't restate what the earlier article said, but if the show airs in your area, it's a worthwhile show as are the last two years of the Scientology programs. It's called 'Aftermath, Leah Remini explores Jehovah Witnesses" or something similar.

Xenosjeff

I've been through the throng of Pioneers coming to the door. After flatly refuting their assertions with scripture they are reminded that they are on my ground. Nobody is going to preach another Jesus to my face and get a patient smile in return.
I'm not proud of shutting them down like that but the insult of their satanic bilge in my face at my very door is too great an insult to the Lord. When they try to continue with the script is when they get told to leave without return. They are not allowed to finish a sentence or command any attention without serious rebuke. I've told many of them that they might as well be mormons. At least they stop and wonder about that.

The anger i feel when there is a cultist at my door is frightening. I struggle to temper the message with the attitude that I'm trying to help them.

I confess, I'm not patient.

Jeff

mattfivefour

I understand your feeling, brother. Yet who knows, Jeff, but that the Lord sent them to YOUR door to be given the words of life? Remember they have been blinded by the god of this world. The Holy Spirit can take the Word you give and reach them with it ... in His time. But remember that the love with which you reach out to them is as important as the Word itself (1 Corinthians 13:1, 4-7). The gospel in this Age is a lifeline of love, not an instrument of judgment. Don't let your zeal for Christ deprive Him of a precious soul, or you of an eternal reward.

Jan51

This article came at just the right time. The JWs were here the other day, a few days before Thanksgiving, but we were having early Thanksgiving that day with out-of-state family, I told them I just didn't have time to talk that day. They asked if they could come back later, I said yeah, maybe next week or so. So I am expecting them and preparing my thoughts. Sometimes I talk with them, sometimes I don't if I just don't have time.

so-blessed

This article came at just the right time. The JWs were here the other day, a few days before Thanksgiving, but we were having early Thanksgiving that day with out-of-state family, I told them I just didn't have time to talk that day. They asked if they could come back later, I said yeah, maybe next week or so. So I am expecting them and preparing my thoughts. Sometimes I talk with them, sometimes I don't if I just don't have time.

Jan we have JW' S call a lot here. There are 3 scriptures that usually silence all their arguments so perhaps when they return, you might try them?
Take them to Rev 22:13 " I am the Alpha and Omega" etc in your bible and read it to them. Ask them who the Alpha and Omega is, they should say Jehovah but sometimes won't answer.
Then take them to Rev 1:8 and again read the Alpha and Omega scriptures. Ask them again who this is, hopefully they'll say Jehovah. Then take them to Rev 1: 17-18 again reading about the First and Last but then going into vs 18 " I am He that liveth and was dead" 3rd and ask them when Jehovah died! The last couple I tried that on were stumped and the man said he'd have to ask the elders. Oh come on, I said, think for yourselves, never mind what your brainwashing elders tell you! You can work it out. Jehovah never died...Jesus did and He's here referred to the First and Last!
You may have to explain about the greek words Alpha and Omega etc as they often won't accept they mean the same. They usually make excuses and try to wriggle out of an answer, but just keep trying to get them to think for themselves.
Praying the Lord opens their hearts and eyes.

Jan51

Well, today the JWs came back. It was interesting. Usually it is a woman that comes to the door, but this time it was two men. Usually they carry a Bible, but both of them carried an Ipad instead. They usually don't identify themselves as JWs, but both these men had pins that clearly said "JW.com".

It was also interesting that my Bible study group had just left, except for one, and she was on her way out the door, so when I opened the door to talk to them on the porch, she was standing beside me. After some mush religious opening remark, about visiting people in our loving neighborhood (?), he said they were talking to people about Jesus, and what did I know about Jesus?

I said something like this: I believe Jesus is the son of God, who came to earth in the form of a man to die for our sins. He was fully God and fully man. He shed His blood on the cross to forgive the sins of those who believe in Him for salvation, who believe by faith in Him alone, not by trusting in any of our own good works.

He gives me a big grin and says wow, that is correct, congratulations, you are obviously a student of the Bible too!

I knew JWs don't believe Jesus is God but rather that He is a created being, maybe an angel, and also that they believe you must do good works. I wondered, why is he talking like he agrees with me?

So I clarified, you believe that Jesus was not a created being? Not an angel? but is God Himself? Yes! he said with a big smile. I was not convinced but I didn't say any more or act like I was also excited that we "believed the same thing."

Then he showed me a verse on his Ipad about how Jesus came to preach the good news of the kingdom, and wanted to show me a 5 minute video about the kingdom. I said I wasn't interested in watching the video, that I knew all about the kingdom. I told him that soon Jesus would catch up true believers in the rapture, that there would be seven years of great tribulation, that Jesus would then return, and that believers who had survived the tribulation would enter His earthly kingdom.

"Yes! Wonderful!" he beamed. He said something about being amazed at my knowledge of the Bible. I told him I had read and studied about it all my life, and that I taught a ladies Bible study that had just now left the house. He asked my name and where my friend and I went to church. I mentioned the Baptist church we went to, but I assured him I was not a "Baptist" but was a Bible-believing Christian who happened to go to a Baptist church. They shook both our hands and left.

We discussed his mysterious responses. We wondered if he might have pretended to agree with me when he realized I knew the Bible and would not be an easy mark, and was looking for a way to make a graceful exit. I can't think of any other reason. I almost told him that I KNEW JWs believed Jesus was a created being, not God Himself, and that I knew they believed they must also do many good works to be saved, but I didn't.

I was not overly "warm" to him, but tried to be non-adversarial while telling him clearly the basics of salvation. I need to pray for them both.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Our neighborhood has a JW Hall about 4 blocks south of us and there is a huge Mormon center about 5 blocks north so we see both groups in the area frequently. Personally I find sharing the gospel with JW's not too tough most of the time . But Mormons are tough and hard core and do not want to budge on what is in their head nor will they let you show them anything from the real bible. When we first moved in they were at our home every week, after a month instead of 2 they brought a third "missionary" and I told Mary this is getting interesting. The next week they asked if they could have an elder come by with them, at which I said sure I would like to share the gospel with him that he might be saved , at that point the newest person in their group said they must leave now because he sensed a contentious spirit at my home! They have not returned to our cul-de-sac in over 12 years now.

lenraff

Excellent thread. In my dealings with JW's and Mormons, I always welcome them and try to be attentive to the Holy Spirit. I've learned to temper my zeal with something the Lord taught me years ago. In prayer one day I was seeking Him to show me how to be more effective in reaching the lost. His answer startled me, try to picture the unsaved you meet on fire! I have never forgotten that and it gave me a new reverence for handling encounters with the lost. I thank God now that they find my door, for I have the words of life. We have been entrusted by Christ with the souls of men,and their eternal destinies. There is no greater calling than soul winning, and we are ALL called, Imo.

mattfivefour

Excellent thread. In my dealings with JW's and Mormons, I always welcome them and try to be attentive to the Holy Spirit. I've learned to temper my zeal with something the Lord taught me years ago. In prayer one day I was seeking Him to show me how to be more effective in reaching the lost. His answer startled me, try to picture the unsaved you meet on fire! I have never forgotten that and it gave me a new reverence for handling encounters with the lost. I thank God now that they find my door, for I have the words of life. We have been entrusted by Christ with the souls of men,and their eternal destinies. There is no greater calling than soul winning, and we are ALL called, Imo.
Oh, so true! Thank you!

DWB

According to the Apostle Paul, anyone who preaches any other gospel but his is accursed.

What brought me here was some JW's stopped me as I was walking last week and I really didn't know what they believed. The conversation was similar to Jan's, there was a main speaker with an iPad who complemented me on my knowledge but kept trying to go to the Kingdom gospel. I told them the Kingdom gospel was for the Jews before and then right after the cross and we gentiles are under the gospel or grace. I sure wish I had of read this thread before I talked to them, I would have had plenty of ammunition. Ill be ready next time. Thanks for the info.

Poppa Goose

According to the Apostle Paul, anyone who preaches any other gospel but his is accursed.

What brought me here was some JW's stopped me as I was walking last week and I really didn't know what they believed. The conversation was similar to Jan's, there was a main speaker with an iPad who complemented me on my knowledge but kept trying to go to the Kingdom gospel. I told them the Kingdom gospel was for the Jews before and then right after the cross and we gentiles are under the gospel or grace. I sure wish I had of read this thread before I talked to them, I would have had plenty of ammunition. Ill be ready next time. Thanks for the info.

If they are really charging hard for the kingdom gospel, I would try this approach. Ask them about the gospel. Then sit back and let them go through the whole presentation. Next fact check if you understood what they said by going over the exact same material in your own words and have them approve that this, in fact, was what they were trying to teach. Then ask them if this is really what they believe and plan to use in front of God when their time to face Him comes. When they say, 'yes' (and this will take some time to finish entirely) take them to the Biblical definition of the Gospel in 1Cor 15:1-5. Doesn't matter if you use their paraphrase or your own. The only difference they will have is 'good news' for 'gospel' in verse 1, same thing. Then when they try to back-pedal into some red-herring explanation, interrupt and pull out Gal 1:8-9. This is the passage that you referenced where any other gospel is accursed. Their own text will condemn them. They will have to admit from their own scripture that the gospel is Jesus dying for our sins, being buried and being raised on the third day (for our own sanctification and eventual resurrection). Nothing more, nothing less. Props go to Paul Washer for this one.

InsuranceGuy

I did not know these things about the JW's. Do they not believe in the Trinity? I know they don't believe Christ was crucified on a cross and they have some belief that only 144,000 go to Heaven. Several people I work with are JW's, but they have never approached me and I've only had one set of them ever knock on my door. I wish I had been a more mature Christian at the time, but I wasn't. I wasn't mean to them, but did laugh at them and act like they were just full of nonsense. They are, but that isn't the point. I didn't set a good example, nor did I try to reach them in any way. They may go door-to-door selling their goods like a vacuum cleaner salesman, but it doesn't mean God didn't lead them to ours so we may reach them.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
I did not know these things about the JW's. Do they not believe in the Trinity? I know they don't believe Christ was crucified on a cross and they have some belief that only 144,000 go to Heaven. Several people I work with are JW's, but they have never approached me and I've only had one set of them ever knock on my door. I wish I had been a more mature Christian at the time, but I wasn't. I wasn't mean to them, but did laugh at them and act like they were just full of nonsense. They are, but that isn't the point. I didn't set a good example, nor did I try to reach them in any way. They may go door-to-door selling their goods like a vacuum cleaner salesman, but it doesn't mean God didn't lead them to ours so we may reach them.
No JW's do not believe in the Trinity. They believe that Jesus was the Angel Michael before he came to earth. So essentially they believe in a different Jesus that cannot save them. :frown2

No JW's do not believe in the Trinity. They believe that Jesus was the Angle Michael before he came to earth. So essentially they believe in a different Jesus that cannot save them. :frown2
As a former JW for most of my childhood life I can tell you they are so far from Christian its not even funny.

They do not believe in the Tri-une Godhead and have altered their Bible to reflect purely Arian views of Christ which erases all evidence of his divinity.
They believe Jesus Christ is not God in the flesh but a creation that God (The Father) created to create everything else. Thus he is not the eternal Son.
They believe Jesus died on a "torture stake" not a cross, and do not believe he rose from the grave with his body (They believe he rose as a spirit only so this here absolutely excludes them from the biblical Gospel)
They do not believe in a physical second coming of Jesus.
They believe he came back invisibly in 1914 to reign in heaven and will save all Jehovah's Witnesses during Armageddon invisibly.
They believe only 144,000 "Anointed" Jehovah's Witnesses will go to heaven and the rest are the "Great Crowd" who will survive Armageddon and get to clean up the earth to live happily ever after forever.
They believe in a second chance for non-JW's and they will be resurrected or rather reanimated (Soul Sleep) during the millennial reign of Christ.
Only the original 144,000 (who keep getting replaced/rejected) are the only ones worthy to take the cup and the wine at communion, which they call the Lord's evening meal and the rest of the JW's simply pass the bread and the wine.
They do not believe in hell.
They believe that you must sacrifice for Jehovah in order to continue in salvation and "spiritual health" by knocking on door's, quitting forms of higher education to give more time for service to Jehovah, "pioneering" for 70+hrs per month. Meeting or exceeding a number of placed tracts, watchtowers, and return visits (They use James famous faith without works line to justify all this here)
When you are guilty of a sin you are shunned and ex-communicated from the religion, which includes family and friends Even if you're dying they will not answer your call. (This is Jehovah's way of disciplining you) Until the Elders determine you're sorry enough. Then you can join in on meetings but have to sit as far back as possible as not to fellowship with anyone... then after some time passes a judicial committee of elders will re-instate you if you've been good enough.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
As a former JW for most of my childhood life I can tell you they are so far from Christian its not even funny.

They do not believe in the Tri-une Godhead and have altered their Bible to reflect purely Arian views of Christ which erases all evidence of his divinity.
They believe Jesus Christ is not God in the flesh but a creation that God (The Father) created to create everything else. Thus he is not the eternal Son.
They believe Jesus died on a "torture stake" not a cross, and do not believe he rose from the grave with his body (They believe he rose as a spirit only so this here absolutely excludes them from the biblical Gospel)
They do not believe in a physical second coming of Jesus.
They believe he came back invisibly in 1914 to reign in heaven and will save all Jehovah's Witnesses during Armageddon invisibly.
They believe only 144,000 "Anointed" Jehovah's Witnesses will go to heaven and the rest are the "Great Crowd" who will survive Armageddon and get to clean up the earth to live happily ever after forever.
They believe in a second chance for non-JW's and they will be resurrected or rather reanimated (Soul Sleep) during the millennial reign of Christ.
Only the original 144,000 (who keep getting replaced/rejected) are the only ones worthy to take the cup and the wine at communion, which they call the Lord's evening meal and the rest of the JW's simply pass the bread and the wine.
They do not believe in hell.
They believe that you must sacrifice for Jehovah in order to continue in salvation and "spiritual health" by knocking on door's, quitting forms of higher education to give more time for service to Jehovah, "pioneering" for 70+hrs per month. Meeting or exceeding a number of placed tracts, watchtowers, and return visits (They use James famous faith without works line to justify all this here)
When you are guilty of a sin you are shunned and ex-communicated from the religion, which includes family and friends Even if you're dying they will not answer your call. (This is Jehovah's way of disciplining you) Until the Elders determine you're sorry enough. Then you can join in on meetings but have to sit as far back as possible as not to fellowship with anyone... then after some time passes a judicial committee of elders will re-instate you if you've been good enough.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
Why the heck would anyone want to join a religion like that??? :scratch

I will tell you why, as my older sister is a Jehovah's Witness and has been trying to convert me all my life. Unfortunately, they will not tell you all the things Mike Dexion has clearly laid out. Thanks for posting the info Mike. Maybe someone who reads this will not be seduced by them!

Back