left behind

lenraff

Mat_27:52  And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.
If you're driving by a cemetery when it happens you'll know something happened instantly. The dead in Christ rise first. I believe we'll be clothed for the wedding of the Bride, That's us, Praise God! No need for wranglers and boots. Leave'em behind. And ,Watching/Waiting, amen, and thank you for bringing this to memory;
Rom_14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

SonSeeker

If you're driving by a cemetery when it happens you'll know something happened instantly.
I kind of doubt it. The Rapture will happen very quickly, as in 'the blink of an eye' quickly.
1 Corinthians 15:52 New King James Version (NKJV)
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
I also don't believe it will be necessary for the tombs to be opened anymore than it was necessary for Jesus to open walls when he appeared in a locked room after His Resurrection.

Jan51

I kind of doubt it. The Rapture will happen very quickly, as in 'the blink of an eye' quickly.
1 Corinthians 15:52 New King James Version (NKJV)
52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
I also don't believe it will be necessary for the tombs to be opened anymore than it was necessary for Jesus to open walls when he appeared in a locked room after His Resurrection.
Actually, it doesn't say the rapture happens in the twinkling of an eye. Just the change from mortal to immortal. So we don't hit the ceiling or the roof of the car and fall back down, LOL. Ooooofff!!!

Andy C

Actually, it doesn't say the rapture happens in the twinkling of an eye. Just the change from mortal to immortal. So we don't hit the ceiling or the roof of the car and fall back down, LOL. Ooooofff!!!
The verse first mentions “in the twinkling of an eye” at the last trumpet. Then talks about the trumpet will sound and the dead will rise. One of us is reading this incorrectly, becasue to me, it clearly describes what happens at the trumpet sound “in the twinkling of an eye” is the speed this happens.

I concer with John.

Jan51

In this chapter, Paul has been speaking of the mortal body compared to our future immortal bodies, which are required to inherit salvation. He begins this section by saying:

1Co 15:35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

He then goes on to explain how and why this will happen:

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

We know by comparing Scripture with Scripture that this happens at the rapture, but there is no mention here of being caught up, only of the change that will happen and must happen, how quickly it will happen, and that at the time of the last trumpet, not only the dead but even we who are alive will be changed.

SonSeeker

We know by comparing Scripture with Scripture that this happens at the rapture, but there is no mention here of being caught up, only of the change that will happen and must happen, how quickly it will happen, and that at the time of the last trumpet, not only the dead but even we who are alive will be changed.
Will you please expand on this thought, Jan? Because now I am confused. Since "there is no mention here of being caught up", what then happens to those who are alive after being "changed"?

Jan51

Will you please expand on this thought, Jan? Because now I am confused. Since "there is no mention here of being caught up", what then happens to those who are alive after being "changed"?
I don't know how to say what this passage says any more clearly than what I already said. Where do you find words that mean "caught up"? But as I already said, we know by comparing Scripture with Scripture, especially I Thes. 4. But Paul's point in this passage is to speak of how our bodies must be changed, that there are different kinds of bodies.

Andy C

I don't know how to say what this passage says any more clearly than what I already said. Where do you find words that mean "caught up"? But as I already said, we know by comparing Scripture with Scripture, especially I Thes. 4. But Paul's point in this passage is to speak of how our bodies must be changed, that there are different kinds of bodies.
Im still convinced the rapture is in the twinkling of an eye, just like the Holy Spirit inspired Apostle Paul wrote.

You posted how the body will be changed, and that is clear, and all transformation will take place in a flash.
While pondering to eat a donut, my next thought will be in Heaven when we are called Home. Instantaneously, flash, twinkling of an eye.

In the big picture, what difference does it make how fast we are raptured?

Jan51

In the big picture, what difference does it make how fast we are raptured?
It doesn't make any difference, I agree. But there has been discussion on whether it will be instantaneous or whether people will see us go up, like with Jesus and Elijah. When this passage was used to support the idea of us going instantaneously, I did not see it there. Just trying to be a Berean. That is all. If others don't see it that way, no prob.

SonSeeker

I agree, there is no mention of being caught up in 1Corinthians. But, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 most definitely states "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds......"
"Them in the clouds" refers to the dead in Christ. Even though the dead rise first, those are alive will rise immediately after.
"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." - 1 Thessalonians 4:14-18.

Andy C

Don't worry, Andy. We won't do any technical stuff. I'm a bit out of practice for that, like a quarter of a century out of practice.:( Is 12" a wide enough path? You'll be fine, just don't look down!
I wouldn’t walk on a 12 inch wide trail on flat ground. My depth perception is off, so no way on a high skinny trail.

Thankfully, the rapture is in a flash, so I wont notice the high altitude climb. :D

:rapture

Back