The Ashes Of A Red Heifer By Jack Kelley The Lord said to Moses and…
Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 vs. Armageddon – Differences and Contrasts
By Chris Schang
A topic of great importance in the Bible prophecy community is whether the conflict mentioned in Ezekiel 38-39 is the same one as mentioned of Armageddon in the Book of Revelation. In order to draw an accurate conclusion of this topic the serious student of Bible prophecy will analyze and compare the two conflicts for differences or contrasts before reaching a conclusion. In order to aid the student of Bible prophecy, we have compiled a list of major differences or contrasts between the two conflicts to show once and for all that these are two different events that occur at two different times in the future.
Major Differences or Contrasts between Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 and Armageddon
1. Virtually most respected Bible prophecy scholars today place the timing of Gog/Magog before or at the beginning of the seven year Tribulation period. Armageddon on the other hand occurs at the end of the seven year Tribulation period.
2. In the Gog/Magog specific enemies are mentioned as invading Israel. In Armageddon the entire world will invade Israel.
3. The main direction of the Gog/Magog is coming from the North, whereas the Armageddon war will have enemies coming from all corners of the globe.
4. The purpose of Gog/Magog is to take a spoil and prey, while the purpose of Armageddon is to destroy Israel once and for all.
5. Russia leads the coalition of Gog/Magog, while the Antichrist leads the battle of Armageddon.
6. After Gog/Magog the dead will be buried. At Armageddon the dead will be left on the field of battle to become food for birds of prey.
7. The weapons of Ezekiel 38-39 are used for fuel for 7 years, which is not possible during the Millennial Kingdom as God will be providing everything we need. He will provide everything we need on the newly renovated earth.
8. The bodies require 7 months to be buried. The Millennial Kingdom starts after Armageddon with a newly renovated earth, not people being buried for 7 months.
9. Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 talks of what is described as a nuclear weapons clean up, again this would not be necessary in a newly renovated earth immediately after Armageddon.
10. The armies of Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 are destroyed on the mountains of Israel likely around the northern mountain borders. In Armageddon the enemies are destroyed in the plains of Meggido.
11. In Gog/Magog of Ezekiel 38-39 the armies are destroyed supernaturally by God using his classic tools of fire, brimstone, hailstones, etc. At Armageddon the Lord will defeat his enemies with his Word.
12. During Gog-Magog Israel is dwelling safely and at rest, while at Armaggedon Israel and the whole world are ravaged by the tribulation.
I hope this list has been a help to you in discovering the truths of God’s word from the Holy Bible.