40 Reasons Why The EU is the Revived Roman Empire
By Erika Grey
There are differing views of which area of the world the final world empire will emerge. I have written extensively as to why the European Union is the revived Roman Empire predicted by Daniel and John in the Revelation and how the other theories do not parallel with Bible Prophecy as extensively as the EU. These other speculations are also not geopolitical possibilities. Prophetic analysis has to fit both Biblically and geopolitically. Some have criticized the EU or discounted it. The EU despite its critics and its difficult times continues to evolve and grow more unified and stronger. Below I have listed 40 reasons why the EU is the final world empire and they are as follows:
Emerged on the Bible Prophecy Time Same Time as the Nation Israel
1. On the Bible Prophecy timeline, the EU (European Steel and Coal Community) formed same time as nation of Israel, only 3 years later Fits Predictions of Revival of Roman Empire
2. Fits Daniel’s prophecy of the prince that shall come are the same people who will destruct the 2nd Temple, these were the Romans under the Roman Empire
3. Land area corresponds with the fourth horn of Daniel of the four notable horns from which the little horn arises and represents Macedonia which went into Western Europe.
4. Is the revived Roman Empire-this has been alluded to by past EU notables as an EU goal to reclaim the power it held during the time of the Holy Roman Empire- or the Roman Empire in its end time form, which fits the forecast of the prophet Daniel
Fits Predicts of Being an Empire as Predicted by the Prophet Daniel
5. Is structurally an empire as stated by former commission president Manual Barroso which fits the empire forecast of the prophet Daniel
6. As an empire already The EU is the world’s largest market.
7. As an empire already The EU is monolith with 513 million citizens.
8. As an empire already the EU nations taken together have the world’s largest standing army
9. As an empire already the EU has its own currency.
10. As an empire the EU is working out the details of its own army.
11. The EU has its own flag
12. The EU has a national anthem
13. The EU has a common foreign and security policy and is working at achieving greater political unity in this area.
14. The EU has its own central bank the ECB, which is an EU institution under the Lisbon Treaty
15. The EU just formed its own Border Control and Coast Guard
16. The EU has the beginnings of its own Spy Agency The EU Intelligence and Situation Centre (EU INTCEN)
Fits the Predictions in Bible Prophecy of an Economic Hub
17. Is known for economic strength and aligns with prophecy of the destruction against the king of Tyrus in in Ezekiel 27:33: “When your wares went out by the sea, you satisfied many people; You enriched the kings of the earth With your many luxury goods and merchandise.” ‘Trade is mentioned again in Ezekiel 28:12-19. Vs. 16 “By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence within,” vs. 18,…You defiled your sanctuaries By the multitude of your iniquities, By the iniquity of your trading. His destruction parallels the Antichrist’s in Revelation 19:19-20
18. Is known for economic strength and aligns with prophecy of the destruction of the Whore of Babylon in Revelation 17 and the passage describes the many goods that traded through its borders, revealing to the reader that it is an economic entity and that part of its strength derives from its wealth it acquires through trade.
19. It lines the prophecies against ancient Babylon (Isaiah 13+14), which was the commercial hub of the near east and we see the economic dimension via international trade of Babylon depicted in Revelation 17.
Aligns with Revelation 17 and its formation having Religious Influence
20. Its ideology finds its basis in Catholic thought, represented in the Whore sitting on top of the beast.
21. The principle of subsidiarity enshrined in EU laws derives from Catholic teachings.
22. The papacy has its say within EU institutions via COMECE which is made up of bishops delegated by the 26 Catholic bishops’ conferences of the European Union and has a permanent Secretariat in Brussels.
23. Several of the EU’s founding fathers were leading Catholics, the Catholic Church wanted to make one of them Robert Schuman a saint.
World Rule-One World-Wine in the Cup of the Whore
24. Is a modern tower of Babel, which is the architectural structure of its buildings because it unites many people and nations and tongues within its empire and by doing so will obtain world rule.
25. Its federal ideology provides the wine in the cup of the whore that will deceive the nations, that if they unite they can eliminate war and bring peace to the world.
26. Its federalist ideology wants the EU to act as the cornerstone for uniting the globe which would fulfill “the whole world” and one world references in Bible Prophecy.
27. The EU acting as the cornerstone for uniting the world, contrasts Jesus Christ who is the chief cornerstone of the Church.
28. Federalism originated from Catholic thought that through unity man can eliminate war and putting faith in man.
29. Federalist ideology drives the EU and provides the basis for laws
30. EU laws are based on those of world institutions
31. Federalist ideology teaches the nation state as traditional and outmoded form of government to be replaced by an eventual world government.
Fits the Iron and Clay analogy
32. In Daniel chapter 2, Daniel interpreted Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image and in Daniel 2:43 he stated: As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men; but they will not adhere on to another, just as iron does not mix with clay.
The iron and clay represent the strength admits its weakness and the weakness according to the Bible is the seed of men, which in the Bible denotes a family, people or race and more remotely a country made up of the particular seed, which is exactly what is causing the EU its current problems. The varying countries that make it up and their inherent nationalism take issue with certain EU laws and it creates a good deal of conflict.
The Ten Nation Federation
33. The EU is going to go forward with an inner group and this will be the ten nation federation that is forecast in Bible Prophecy of the European Union at the height of its power. This has been discussed for decades for several reasons. First because the EU was not designed to be governed via a confederation with 28 to 29 members. Second because certain members have opted out of some EU legislation and have not wanted to go as fast toward political union as the others. The idea is that if the EU goes forward with an inner core of members, this will help move it into full-fledged political and federal union.
The Israel Peace Treaty
34. The EU has been on a quest for greater relations with Israel for the last couple of decades and has gained ground. They feel they are in a better position than the US to broker the peace and they also feel they have an advantage due to their geographic proximity. In the early 1990’s an EU think tank drafted a comprehensive peace proposal for Israel that would guarantee Israel peace.
35. The EU’s institutional structure is undemocratic and there is too much power in the center, which can give way to the dictatorship alluded to in Bible Prophecy. It is common knowledge in EU circles that the EU has what is called a ‘democratic deficit.’
36. Some Eastern Bloc countries that are members of the EU have compared the workings of the EU to the former Soviet Union, in part due to the secretive nature of some meetings.
The Technology Connection-Mark of the Beast
37. The EU funds science and technological projects.
38. The EU is on a quest for the development of new technologies for the economic growth it would bring their economy.
39. Several EU Countries lead the world in cashless payment systems.
40. Fits and parallels many other predictions in Bible Prophecy and is now lining up as part of the age of empires, in a multipolar world with the EU being one of the poles, or empires, that will one day evolve into the leading most powerful world empire and will be headed by the Antichrist.
Erika Grey is a leading expert on the European Union and Bible Prophecy-Journalist-Commentator