38 Reasons The Bible is True and We are in the End Times
People mock the warning signs of the end of the age with scoffing: These signs have always been around (2 Peter 3:3-4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love their lust and perversions more than God’s Word.
Jesus prophesied that even after the heavens and the earth pass away, His words would never pass away or be forgotten (Luke 21:33). As we near the end of the age, we see that Christ’s words remain as accurate and relevant as 2000 years ago. Today, Bible societies distribute approximately 600 million Scripture portions or entire Bibles every single year. Despite the Bible’s numerous warnings and last days prophecies, but many people today will still be taken off guard and shocked when they see these events occur before them (Luke 21:34-36; 1 Thessalonians 5:2-6). Beware! Be forewarned!
1. False Bible teachers would bring in heresies, have many followers, and cause others to reject God’s Word (2 Peter 2:1-2). It is very common today to find people who reject the Bible out of hand because they have heard it misrepresented by a false teacher. These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers (2 Peter 2:3). A growing number of TV evangelists epitomize this. They twist the Scriptures, using misleading words, to make merchandise of you. Deceptive signs and wonders would abound (Matthew 7:22-23; 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9). The signs and wonders movement has swept the globe in recent years replacing the Word of God. Experiences that feed the senses in the name of Christ are drawing away millions. Jesus also warned that this deception would be accompanied by great signs and wonders (Matthew 24:23-27). Many would call themselves the Christ (Matthew 24:5). Jesus was an itinerate preacher who never traveled outside the tiny nation of Israel and He had the audacity to say that many would come in His name, claiming to be the Christ. And yet today, multitudes within the New Age Movement, Eastern religions, and the cults call themselves the Christ. Currently, Eucharistic miracles are reported around the globe. Apostasy in the church is prevalent just before the Antichrist is revealed (2 Thessalonians 2:3). Increasingly, experience-based Christianity is replacing the Bible as the standard for saving faith. The ecumenical movement is striving for unity at the expense of truth. Christ’s exclusive claims are negated in the name of “tolerance”. There would be a move towards a one-world religion (Revelation 13:8, 12; Revelation 17). Today, as never before, we are witnessing religions joining hands in the name of peace and tolerance. People would reject the sound doctrine of the Word of God and follow the doctrines of men that appeal to their own lusts (2 Timothy 4:3-4;Acts 20:29-30). Others would confess faith in Christ, but not obey His Word (Matthew 24:48-51; Matthew 7:22-23). Some would depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1). This generation has witnessed the explosion of apparitions and other heavenly visitors that are embraced by professing Christians even though their messages contradict the Word of God. Channeling, witchcraft, psychics, etc., have also gained in popularity though forbidden by God (Deuteronomy 18:10-12).
2. The Christian gospel would be preached as a witness to all nations (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10; Revelation 14:6). Today, portions or all of the Bible have been translated into over 2,300 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world’s population.
3. Global communications foreseen (Revelation 11:9-10; 17:8). The Bible prophesies that the entire world will see certain events unfold. The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the apostle John’s day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.
4. Mankind would be capable of destroying all life (Matthew 24:21-22). Consider that when Jesus made this prophecy the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth. The use of nuclear weapons anticipated (Zechariah 14:12). The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims just as God warned 2500 years ago. Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. This was unimaginable in Zechariah’s day.
5. There would be a global cry for world peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3). Never has there been such a concerted, global effort to bring about peace at any cost as there is today. The Antichrist will use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25). With all the problems facing mankind, multitudes are looking for a savior to usher in peace and prosperity without moral accountability. The Antichrist will promise the world and Israel such a peace if they follow him but his intentions will be sinister.
6. In the last days Israel will have a peace treaty in place that the Antichrist will confirm and eventually break (Daniel 9:27). Currently the world’s governments are striving for an Israeli peace treaty.
7. All the true followers of Christ would suddenly vanish, raptured (caught up) taken away by God up to heaven to avoid tribulation and place Israel within prominent prophesy again. (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52). A false explanation will deceive the unsuspecting masses (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12). Today many apparitions, angels, ETs, cults, and New Agers are offering a counterfeit explanation for this soon to take place event.
8. During the Tribulation, innumerable multitudes from every nation would wake up and turn to the true Jesus of the Bible and be saved (Revelation 7:9-17; Daniel 12:10; Zechariah 2:11). Today, the seeds of the gospel are being spread in every nation!
9. Damascus will be destroyed (Isaiah 17:1, 14; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5; Zechariah 9:1-8). Damascus, Syria is increasingly in the news and is extremely anti-Semitic. Many terrorist organizations have their bases in Damascus. God declares that they will become a ruinous heap because they have violently taken what was not theirs.
10. Chaotic weather would be prevalent (Luke 21:25-26). Jesus foresaw the seas and the waves roaring in the last days. He also likened these signs to birth pangs (Matthew 24:8). The Greek word odin, often translated as sorrows in Matthew 24:8, literally means birth pangs. Furthermore, the apostle Paul reminded us that the creation itself will be delivered from the curse at the end of the age (Romans 8:21). And that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs (Romans 8:22). As delivery draws near, birth pangs always increase in both intensity and frequency. Therefore, the creation itself would travail as the time of delivery draws near. Of course chaotic weather is not new, but there are indications that we are witnessing an increase in strange weather. Global Warming – Climate Change. Earthquakes occurring in diverse places (Matthew 24:7; Isaiah 24:19-20; Revelation 6:12-14; 16:18-20). Seismic activity is on the rise. Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Our generation has done more to ravage the environment than any previous generation. There would be signs in the sun (Luke 21:25). In recent years there has been a massive increase in solar activity recorded. Still future paranormal events must yet occur (Revelation 13:13-14; Revelation 16:14). The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by most of the scientific world because it was judgment from God on man’s wickedness.
11. A move towards Global government (Daniel 2:40-44; 7:23; Revelation 13:7-8). The former Roman Empire which encompassed present-day Europe would revive and eventually dominate the world. The European Union has steadily moved forward in its attempt to unite Europe politically and economically. It has succeeded in creating a European parliament, a court, and a common currency.
12. Literal Babylon (formerly called Babel, Genesis 10:10) would reemerge in the land of Shinar known today as Iraq (Zechariah 5:11; Isaiah 13). Saddam Hussein spent over 20 years rebuilding the city of Babylon. Today, with Saddam’s regime overthrown, the international community is discussing how to rebuild Iraq.
13. Increased interest in vegetarianism anticipated (1 Timothy 4:3-4). The New Age Movement has swept the globe during the past 40 years popularizing this. PETA
14. Many wars would erupt (Mark 13:7-8). According to Project Ploughshares, there are over 50 major armed conflicts in the world today. Ethnic conflicts would be prevalent (Mark 13:7-8; Luke 21:10). Jesus used the Greek word ethnos to describe the last days battles. Today, as never in history, we have ethnic groups rising against ethnic groups. Knockout game, race card. The earth would be filled with violence (Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:11-13). In the United States alone, violent crime has increased nearly 500% since 1960. Fifty years ago abortion (the violent murder of an unborn child) was illegal in most countries. Today abortion is legal in most countries and 50 million children are aborted each year. Preparations for a global war anticipated (Joel 3:9-14; Matthew 24:22; Revelation 16:14). Never in history have so many nations stockpiled weapons of mass destruction. Jesus foretold there would be fearful sights (Luke 21:11). The Greek word translated fearful is phobetron, which can also be translated terror. According to the U.S. State Department, between 1981 and 2004, there were 10,605 international terrorist attacks. Terrorism – Boston Bombing, Black Friday.
15. Multitudes would travel to and fro (Daniel 12:4). Prior to the Industrial Revolution, few individuals traveled beyond their community. Until recently, horse, foot, and boat were the only modes of transportation. Yet today we travel by car, bus, plane, train, subway, etc. Millions and millions are running to and fro just as Daniel prophesied 2500 years ago!
16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4). Today we are witnessing an explosion of available knowledge. With the advent of the internet, it is estimated that our cumulative knowledge is doubling every five years. This exponential increase is beyond what anyone could have imagined!
17. Deadly diseases (which the Bible calls pestilences) would be common (Matthew 24:7). Emerging diseases such as AIDS, ebola, Hanta virus, Dengue, West Nile, SARS, bird flu, etc., underscore this fact. Ironically, just a few decades ago, some scientists were forecasting that advances in medicine might soon eradicate deadly diseases.
18. The final generation will be open to receiving a mark on their right hand or on their forehead (Revelation 13:16). Consider how the up and coming generation is tattooed, pierced and marked with all kinds of insignia.
19. A global economic system would exist (Revelation 13:16-17). This was unthinkable in the apostle John’s day. Yet today, globalists in every level of government are seeking to unite the world. Connecting the world monetarily is crucial to their goal. A man would control all banking and commerce (Revelation 13:17-18). Remember, this prophecy was penned 2,000 years before our computer-driven society. Yet, until recently, you couldn’t have even dreamed how a person could control all commerce.
20. Famines would be common (Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:5-8). According to the United Nations, an estimated 852 million people went hungry in 2004.
21. The nation Israel would be born in one day (Isaiah 66:8). On May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation. Dead Sea scrolls discovered – 1947 During the Diaspora (the dispersion of the Jews to the four corners of the globe), Israel would become a wasteland (Deuteronomy 29:23-28;Ezekiel 36:8-11; Ezekiel 36:33-36). During the past 1900 years Israel became a nearly uninhabited, desolate wasteland. Hitler destroys many but The Jews regather in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Ezekiel 37:21-22; 38:8). Over five million Jews have returned to Israel in recent times! This is unprecedented in human history. Never has a people group been dispersed for hundreds of years to every corner of the globe, and then regathered back to their homeland. Yet, God said it and He has done it before our very eyes! (Luke 21:29-32). In Scripture, the tree is often used figuratively of a nation (Ezekiel 31:3-6; Daniel 4:20-22). Since 1945, more than 80 former colonies have gained their independence. Our generation has witnessed the end of the colonial era and the budding of the nations. The returning Jews would come from the north, south, east, and west (Isaiah 43:5-6; Jeremiah 31:7-10). Amazingly, nearly a million Jews have emigrated from Russia in the north. Over 90,000 Ethiopian Jews have emigrated from the south (Zephaniah 3:10). Since 1948, Jews have emigrated from Europe, Asia, the Americas, everywhere! Israel, once a desolate desert, would blossom in the last days and export produce to the world (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1-2; Ezekiel 36:34-36). The descendants of Israel are currently not believers in Jesus as their Messiah but they are still loved for the sake of God’s promises to Abraham. (Genesis 12-26) Israel’s increased rainfall and world-renowned irrigation technology have caused the land to blossom. Incredibly, as foretold, they currently export over 800 million dollars worth of fresh produce each year including over 200 million in flowers and ornamental plants! Israel prospers economically (Ezekiel 38:12-13). Amazingly, this recently regathered, tiny nation exported over 30 billion dollars worth of goods in 2004. In contrast, their neighbor Jordan exported less than 3 billion in 2004. This was inconceivable just a few decades ago! Israel would once again plant vineyards on the mountains of Israel (Joel 3:18; Amos 9:13-15). Today, sweet wine flows from the Golan Heights and many other vineyards on the mountains of Israel. The last days Jews would plant forests of trees. The Bible even specifies the variety of trees, cedar, acacia, myrtle, oil, cypress, pine, and box (Isaiah 41:18-20). This has happened in our day after Israel lay waste for nearly two millennia.
22. The Hebrew language would be restored (Zephaniah 3:9). At the end of the 19th century the Zionist movement brought about the revival of Hebrew as a spoken language. In 1948, Hebrew became an official tongue of the state of Israel. Remarkable!
23. Anti-Semitism worldwide anticipated (Deuteronomy 28:37; Jeremiah 29:18; 44:8). History confirms that the Jews have been persecuted as no other people group. Hitler tried to exterminate them, and the Antichrist will attempt the same during the Tribulation. Today, anti-Semitism is a global epidemic. For example, of over 700 General Assembly resolutions passed since the establishment of the United Nations in 1945, nearly 450 condemn Israel. None have been passed against any Arab country nor any Arab terrorist organizations! In other words, out of 190 nations in the UN, over 60% of all General Assembly resolutions rebuke just one member, Israel! Jerusalem would be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled (Luke 21:24). Since 70 A.D., Jerusalem was trampled by Gentiles until the Jews regained control of the city during the 1967 Six-Day War. Jerusalem would be rebuilt on its own ruins (Jeremiah 30:18; Zechariah 12:6) Since 1948, Jerusalem has been rebuilt on the old ruins exactly as foretold.
24. Jerusalem would be a burdensome stone to all nations (Zechariah 12:3). Almost daily the world news reports on the conflict over Jerusalem. The United Nations, the Vatican, and many world leaders want to make it an international city. However, God says that the city is His and He has given it to the Jews forever (Genesis 15:18; Leviticus 25:23; 2 Chronicles 6:6). All who burden themselves with it will be cut in pieces. All surrounding nations would be united against Israel (Psalm 83:4-8; Zechariah 12:2). This has never happened in history. Yet today, Israel is surrounded by Muslim nations sworn to her destruction. Muhammad said: The Hour (last day) will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say ‘O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him. Jerusalem would be a cup of trembling to all surrounding peoples (Zechariah 12:2). Jerusalem is a small city, with no natural resources, no port, insignificant manufacturing and industrial capability, yet its very existence causes the surrounding nations to shudder. For example, UN Resolution 476 reiterates that Israel’s claims to Jerusalem are null and void. As a result, most countries transferred their embassies to Tel Aviv, rather than Jerusalem Israel’s capital.
25. Israel will be invincible (Zechariah 12:6-9). Since 1948, tiny Israel has been attacked in three major wars and six lesser wars, yet despite being vastly outnumbered, they have defeated all attacking foes. Even during the final battle, when it looks like Israel will be destroyed, the Lord shall deliver her. (Jeremiah 30:3-7; Zechariah 14; Mark 13:14-20). An invincible Israel makes no sense unless you believe God’s Word.
26. Israel would be partitioned by all nations (Joel 3:2; Daniel 11:39). This is another unimaginable prophecy! In 1947, United Nations Resolution 181 planned the partitioning of Israel. Currently, the West Bank, the Golan Heights, and Gaza, have been divided up into Jewish and Palestinian settlements. The nation of Israel, which had been divided into two kingdoms since the time of Solomon (950 B.C.) Israel in the north and Judah in the south would be one united nation in the last days (Ezekiel 37:15-22). And so it is, Israel is one nation. The Eastern Gate would remain closed until the Messiah returns. At Christ’s Second Coming, He will enter Jerusalem through the now sealed Eastern Gate (Ezekiel 44:1-3). Today, as prophesied, the Eastern Gate remains sealed.
27. The returning Jews would have no king until Jesus returns (Hosea 3:4-5). As foretold, Israel has been without a king for over 2500 years. Amazingly, not only is Israel no longer a theocracy, but today the Jewish state is governed by a democracy comprised of some 30 political parties.
28. Rebuilt temple in Israel anticipated (Daniel 9:27; 12:11; Mark 13:14; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; Revelation 11:1-2). The prophet Daniel, Jesus, Paul, and John all refer to the temple in the last days. Therefore we know it must be rebuilt. Preparations by the Temple Institute are nearly complete! The temple sacrifices would be reinstituted in Israel in the last days (Daniel 9:27; 12:11). Daniel foresaw the Antichrist ending the daily sacrifices. Therefore, the Jewish sacrificial system must have first been restored in the last days. Currently, the Temple Institute has created the temple furniture, vessels, and priestly garments. There are also several hundred young Jewish men in training for the Levitical priesthood. A red heifer without blemish must be born and sacrificed to purify the temple in Israel (Numbers 19:2-9). The Temple Institute is actively seeking to acquire a kosher red heifer. They claim to have found the ashes of the last red heifer – requirement for next sacrifice.
29. Though Israel would be the focus of many fulfilled prophecies, most Jews would remain blind to the fact that Jesus is their Messiah until the very end (Luke 19:41-42; Luke 13:34-35; Romans 11:25-26).
30. Russia (Magog) would rise as a military power and lead an attack on Israel (Ezekiel 38). Today, most of the southern states of the former Soviet Union are both military powerhouses with Putin strong and in control.
31. Israel will dwell without walls (Ezekiel 38:8-11). Prior to the invasion from the north, Israel will dwell safely without walls. Therefore the current security fence in Israel will come down once the Jews are convinced that peace has finally arrived. Turkey (Meshech) would also join in the attack on Israel (Ezekiel 38). In 2002, Turkey elected a pro-Islamic party to govern the country. In 2005, Hitler’s anti-Semitic manifesto Mein Kampf became a bestseller in Turkey. Iran (Persia), Sudan (Cush), and Libya (Put) would also partake in the attack on Israel (Ezekiel 38). Anti-Semitism in the Islamic world is rampant. According to the Koran and Hadith, Muslims are commanded to fight and slay non-believers in Jihad (holy war) unless they convert to Islam.
32. Birds of prey, buzzards, would eat the dead flesh of the enemy armies that fall in battle against Israel (Ezekiel 39:4, 17; Revelation 19:17-21). It is a little known fact that Israel is the bird migration capital of the world. During the spring and fall migrations, billions of birds fly over Israel. Many of these migratory birds are raptors, carrion (dead flesh) eating birds of prey.
33. Asia (the kings from the east) would be capable of deploying a 200-million-man army during earth’s final days (Revelation 9:14-16; 16:12). Bear in mind, when John penned this prophecy 2000 years ago, there were only an estimated 170 to 400 million people on the entire planet. Yet today, according to the CIA, China alone has 281 million men fit for military service! Population explosion foreseen (Revelation 7:9, 14). The apostle John, who wrote the Book of Revelation, was told the number of an army in the last days – 200 million (Revelation 9:16). This was the approximate population of the world at that time. That John also beholds a great multitude which no one could number coming out of the Great Tribulation at the end of the age (Revelation 7:9, 14), indicates an enormous number of people on planet earth in the last days.
34. Egypt would exist in the last days but only as a lowly third world nation (Ezekiel 29:14-16). Egypt was one of the world’s greatest ancient civilizations. Yet today, as prophesied, Egypt remains an impoverished nation. To show how amazing this prophecy is, compare modern Egypt with the tiny nation of Austria. Egypt has ten times more land area, and a population eight times greater than Austria. Yet, Egypt’s Gross Domestic Product is only one-fifth of Austria’s GDP.
35. Many from Egypt to Assyria (Iraq and Middle East) would call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Isaiah 19:16-25). The Lord is currently moving in a powerful way to save souls throughout the Middle East. Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13)!
36. Men would be lovers of themselves (2 Timothy 3:1-2). This “ME” generation, like no other, regards self above all others. Self-love, self-esteem, self-reliance, self-gratification, are encouraged by the media, schools, psychologists, strong sense of entitlement, etc. In contrast, Jesus taught self-denial. Even many churches today preach a “feel good about you” message. Youth would become increasingly rebellious (2 Timothy 3:2-3; Mark 13:12). Many would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code: blaspheming, committing adultery, disobeying parents, stealing, lying, coveting, etc. (Matthew 24:12; Revelation 9:21). Humanity would become increasingly materialistic and lovers of pleasure (2 Timothy 3:1-5). No generation in history has experienced so many methods of entertainment to arouse the senses. Every imaginable hedonistic pleasure is available and has become big business. Epidemic drug use foreseen (Revelation 9:21). The Greek word translated sorceries is pharmakeia which can also refer to drug use, both illegal drugs and mind-altering drugs. The use of illegal drugs and the dispensing of mind-altering designer drugs have risen sharply during our current generation. People will sear their conscience so they could continue in sin (1 Timothy 4:2). The conscience is where God reveals right and wrong. Con means with and science means knowledge. Therefore we sin with knowledge when we ignore God’s moral law and violate our own conscience. Sexual immorality would be rampant (Jude 18; Revelation 9:21). Keep in mind, Jesus said whoever looks to lust has already committed adultery in his heart (Matthew 5:28). Therefore, God equates Internet porn, lustful movies, TV shows, and magazines to fornication. The availability and consumption of sensual products has exploded in our generation. Blasphemy would be common (2 Timothy 3:2; Revelation 16:9, 11, 21). Consider how often people use their Creator’s name (God, Lord, or Jesus Christ) as a curse word. What they have done is liken the One who is the source of every blessing (eyesight, sunsets, food, family, friends, etc.) to a four-letter curse word. Fifty years ago, Hollywood seldom used God’s name in vain. Today, nearly every movie includes blasphemy. Idolatry would be pervasive (Revelation 9:20; 13:12-15; 19:20; Micah 5:10-15; Zechariah 13:1-2). An idol is anything that competes for the attention due only to our Creator. Statues, images, charms, false gods, angels, apparitions, as well as possessions, position, pleasure, a person, and any created thing can all become idols (Romans 1:18-25).
37. Jesus said Christians would be hated for His name’s sake (Luke 21:17; Revelation 6:9-11; 20:4). The banning of the Bible, prayer, the Ten Commandments, nativity scenes, Christmas songs, etc., reflects this trend. Also consider that more Christians were martyred during the past century than during all of history.
38. Homosexuality and the gay transgender lifestyle would be flaunted at the End of this Age. Jesus warned that the last days would be like the days of Lot who lived in wicked Sodom (Luke 17:28-30). We know that the root of Sodom’s sin was pride and complacency (Ezekiel 16:49) as it is today. However, Sodom’s lasting infamy stemmed from their aggressive homosexual sin (Genesis 19; Jude 1:7). Today, the homosexual agenda is flaunted and forced upon our entire society.