101 End Times Bible Prophecies
By Eternal Productions – Jim Tetlow
The Bible foretells many signs that would culminate in the end times. Jesus indicated these signs would arise together as His return drew near (Matthew 24:33-34). Though many of these end times Bible prophecies won’t climax until the tribulation period, our generation is the first to see every trend in place. As the final seconds of this age tick away, these end times events will come into even clearer focus. Keep in mind as you read through this list that these end times Bible prophecies were penned 1900 to 3500 years ago! How does this relate to you? The last several pages provide the answer you need to read them carefully.
1. – False Bible teachers would bring in heresies, have many followers, and cause others to reject God’s Word (2 Peter 2:1-2). It is very common today to find people who reject the Bible out of hand because they have heard it misrepresented by a false teacher.
2. – These false prophets would be money hungry, smooth talkers (2 Peter 2:3). A growing number of TV evangelists epitomize this. They twist the Scriptures, using misleading words, to make merchandise of the unwary. Apostasy is a very important sign of the end times.
3. – The Christian gospel would be preached as a witness to all nations (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10; Revelation 14:6). Today, portions or all of the Bible have been translated into over 2,400 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world’s population.
4. – Global communications foreseen (Revelation 11:9-10; 17:8). The Bible prophecies that the entire world will see certain end times events unfold. The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the apostle John’s day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.
5. – Mankind would be capable of destroying all life (Matthew 24:21-22). Consider that when Jesus made this prophecy the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.
6. – The use of nuclear weapons anticipated (Zechariah 14:12). The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims just as God warned 2500 years ago. “Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.” This was unimaginable in Zechariah’s day.
7. – There would be a global cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3). Never has there been such a concerted, global effort to bring about peace at any cost as there is today.
8. – The Antichrist would use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25). With all the problems facing mankind, multitudes are looking for a savior to usher in peace and prosperity without moral accountability. The Antichrist will promise the world and Israel such a peace if they follow him but his intentions will be sinister.
9. – In the end times, Israel would have a peace treaty in place that the Antichrist will confirm and eventually break (Daniel 9:27). Currently the world’s governments are striving for an Israeli peace treaty.
10. – Damascus would be destroyed (Isaiah 17:1, 14; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5; Zechariah 9:1-8). Damascus, Syria is increasingly in the news and is extremely anti-Semitic. Many terrorist organizations have their bases in Damascus. God declares that they will become a ruinous heap because they have violently taken what was not theirs. In 2007 Israel vowed to wipe Syria off the map if Syria attacked by chemical weapons.
11. – Chaotic weather would be prevalent (Luke 21:25-26). Jesus foresaw the seas and the waves roaring in the emd times. He also likened these signs to birth pangs (Matthew 24:8). The Greek word odin, often translated as sorrows in Matthew 24:8, literally means birth pangs. Furthermore, the apostle Paul reminded us that the creation itself will be delivered from the curse at the end of the age (Romans 8:21). And that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs (Romans 8:22). As delivery draws near, birth pangs always increase in both intensity and frequency. Therefore, the creation itself would travail as the time of delivery draws near. Of course chaotic weather is not new, but there are indications that we are witnessing an increase in strange weather.
12. – There would be a move toward a global government (Daniel 2:40-44; 7:23; Revelation 13:7-8). The former Roman Empire which encompassed present-day Europe would revive and eventually dominate the world. The European Union has steadily moved forward in its attempt to unite Europe politically and economically. It has succeeded in creating a European parliament, a court, and a common currency. And globalization is not unique to Europe, it is happening everywhere.
13. – Literal Babylon (formerly called Babel, Genesis 10:10) would reemerge in the land of Shinar known today as Iraq (Zechariah 5:11; Isaiah 13). Saddam Hussein spent over 20 years rebuilding the city of Babylon. Today, with Saddam’s regime overthrown, the international community is discussing how to rebuild Iraq.
14. – The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by most of the scientific world because it was judgment from God on man’s wickedness.
15. – Increased interest in vegetarianism anticipated (1 Timothy 4:3-4). The New Age Movement has swept the globe during the past 40 years popularizing this.
16. – Many wars would erupt (Mark 13:7-8). According to Project Ploughshares, there are dozens of major armed conflicts in the world today.
17. – Ethnic conflicts would be prevalent (Mark 13:7-8; Luke 21:10). Jesus used the Greek word ethnos to describe the end times battles. Today, as never in history, we have ethnic group rising against ethnic group.
18. – The earth would be filled with violence (Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:11-13). In the United States alone, violent crime has increased nearly 500% since 1960. Fifty years ago abortion (the violent murder of an unborn child) was illegal in most countries. Today abortion is legal in most countries and 46 million children are aborted each year.
19. – Jesus foretold that there would be fearful sights (Luke 21:11). The Greek word translated fearful is phobetron, which can also be translated terror. According to the U.S. State Department, between 1981 and 2006, there were more than 38,000 international terrorist attacks.
20. – Multitudes would travel to and fro (Daniel 12:4). Prior to the Industrial Revolution, few individuals traveled beyond their own communities. Until recently, horse, foot, and boat were the only modes of transportation. Yet today we travel by car, bus, plane, train, subway, etc. Millions and millions are running to and fro just as Daniel prophesied 2500 years ago!
21. – Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4). Today we are witnessing an explosion of available knowledge. With the advent of the Internet, it is estimated that our cumulative knowledge is doubling every five years. This exponential increase is beyond what anyone could have imagined!
22. – Deadly diseases (which the Bible calls pestilences) would be common (Matthew 24:7; Revelation 6:8). Emerging diseases such as AIDS, ebola, Hanta virus, Dengue, West Nile, SARS, bird flu, etc., underscore this fact. Ironically, just a few decades ago, some scientists were forecasting that advances in medicine might soon eradicate deadly diseases. Pestilence is a major sign of the end times.
23. – The final generation would be open to receiving a mark on their right hand or on their forehead (Revelation 13:16). Consider how the up and coming generation is tattooed, pierced and marked with all kinds of insignia. And today, for the first time in history, global tracking and marking technology is available.
24. – A global economic system would exist (Revelation 13:16-17). This was unthinkable in the apostle John’s day. Yet today, globalists in every level of government are seeking to unite the world. Connecting the world monetarily is crucial to their goal.
25. – A man would control all banking and commerce (Revelation 13:16-18). Remember, this end times Bible prophecy was penned 2000 years before our computer-driven society. Yet, until recently, you couldn’t have even dreamed how a person could control all commerce.
27. – Great signs from heaven prophesied (Luke 21:11, 26). Unexplained sightings in the sky appear to be increasing. For instance, since 1947 UFO testimonies have exploded – terrifying many. Each year thousands of unidentified aerial sightings are reported.
28. – The sun would scorch the inhabitants of the earth (Revelation 16:8-9). In recent years, solar activity has intensified markedly. Though this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment on unrepentant mankind, a compromise in the earth’s atmosphere due to nuclear war or other ecological disaster could facilitate this judgment.
29. – The nation Israel would be born in one day (Isaiah 66:8). On May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation.
30. – The Jews would begin to regather in Israel (Isaiah 11:11-12; Ezekiel 37:21-22; 38:8; Luke 21:29-31). Over five million Jews have returned to Israel in recent times! This is unprecedented in human history. Never has a people group been dispersed for hundreds of years to every corner of the globe, and then regathered back to their homeland. Yet, God said it and He has done it before our very eyes! This is probably the most important prophecy being fulfilled in the end times.
31. – Returning Jews would come from the north, south, east, and west (Isaiah 43:5-6; Jeremiah 31:7-10). Amazingly, nearly a million Jews have emigrated from Russia in the north. Over 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have emigrated from the south (Zephaniah 3:10). Since 1948, Jews have emigrated from Europe, Asia, the Americas, everywhere!
32. – During the diaspora (the dispersion of the Jews to the four corners of the globe), Israel would become a wasteland (Deuteronomy 29:23-28; Ezekiel 36:8-11; Ezekiel 36:33-36). During the past 1900 years Israel became a nearly uninhabited, desolate wasteland.
33. – Israel, once a desolate desert, would blossom in the end times and export produce to the world (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1-2; Ezekiel 36:34-36). Israel’s increased rainfall and world-renowned irrigation technology have caused the land to blossom. Incredibly, as foretold, they currently export over 800 million dollars worth of fresh produce each year, including over 200 million in flowers and ornamental plants!
34. – Israel would prosper economically (Ezekiel 38:12-13). Amazingly, this recently regathered, often attacked, tiny nation exported over 42 billion dollars worth of goods in 2006. This was inconceivable a century ago! In contrast, their neighbor Jordan exported less than 5 billion in 2006.
36. – The last days Jews would plant forests of trees. The Bible even specifies the variety of trees, cedar, acacia, myrtle, oil, cypress, pine, and box (Isaiah 41:18-20). Since 1900 more than one billion trees have been planted in Israel! This has happened in our day after Israel lay barren for nearly two millennia.
37. – A pure language would be restored (Zephaniah 3:9). At the end of the 19th century the Zionist movement brought about the revival of Hebrew as a spoken language. In 1948, Hebrew became an official tongue of the state of Israel. Originally there was only one language (Genesis 11:1) and this pure speech will be restored (Isaiah 19:18). Interestingly, Hebrew has no swear words.
39. – Jerusalem would be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled (Luke 21:24). Since 70 A.D., Jerusalem had been trampled by Gentiles until the Jews regained control of the city during the 1967 Six-Day War.