1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is worship time at Dino Rizzo 's church???

Discussion in 'Apostasy in the Local Church' started by billiefan2000, Dec 2, 2011.

1. billiefan2000

billiefan2000 Well-Known Member

Healing Place Church proving that not everyone is blessed with the "Gift of Singing!"

Ultimate Love Songs on Vimeo

Healing Place Church Ultimate Love Songs (this btw was done during their church's worship time)

Ultimate Love Songs on Vimeo

btw: side rant:

ub40 and toni braxton and all 4 one should sue this church for ruining their songs

I cant help but falling in love and un-break my heart and i swear is now ruined to me because of these guys

seeker churches have done more to ruin secular 80's and 90's music than people who do cover the song for profit

(coughs remakes jessica simpson and britney spears have done of 80's songs)

2. billiefan2000

and we have a 2fer from Rizzo

Healing Place Church: Dancing Lessons?

LTD 2011 Closer on Vimeo

this is a church service nowadays?

give me the old fashioned bible preaching church with sound preaching and little to no stunts over these seeker driven deathtraps anyday

3. micah719

micah719 an adopted son of The Most High God John 6:37-40

This is no surprise....I didn't trust that rat Rizzo the moment I saw him. Never knew his name was Dino, though....

[​IMG]

4. billiefan2000

update on Rizzo:

====================================================================

btw: another big name seeker pastor steps down in so many months now

first sparger, now rizzo

hopefully it's begining of end for the seeker driven movement

=====================================================================

Megachurch Pastor Dino Rizzo Takes Sabbatical Citing a

Megachurch Pastor Dino Rizzo Takes Sabbatical Citing a ‘Spiritually Depleted State’
    10:04AM EDT 7/26/2012 Jennifer LeClaire

Dino Rizzo, the pastor of one of the largest churches in the Baton Rouge metro, is stepping away from the pulpit for a season.

"I have not felt myself, spiritually, physically or emotionally for several months now,” says Rizzo, senior pastor of Healing Place Church. "My physically exhausted, spiritually depleted state has affected my decision-making, my family life and my ability to lead effectively."

Healing Place is a nondenominational church with more than 7,000 members in 10 locations. Rizzo is widely known for his concept of starting a church revolution through serving, which he calls a “Servolution.”

Rizzo and his wife, DeLynn, started Healing Place Church in 1993 with the single focus of being a healing place for a hurting world. Healing Place Church has been named one of America’s Top 25 Most Innovative Churches. But the megachurch will have to do without its senior pastor for an undefined period of time.

Healing Place Church did not indicate how Rizzo’s state affected his decision-making, family life or ability to lead. But the church offered the following statement:

“Healing is what Healing Place Church is all about.

After 20 years of uninterrupted outreach to hurting people, lead pastor Dino Rizzo has found that he also needs a time of healing.

“It has been determined by the spirituality board of Healing Place Church that Pastor Rizzo is in need of a sabbatical rest for healing, reflection and restoration of spirit, soul and body.

Pastor Rizzo has humbly and willingly embraced the board's plan, which does not include a predetermined period of time. That will depend upon the healing process.

“Healing Place Church was never built upon one person or personality, but solely on Jesus Christ. We have a strong team of pastors and leaders who will continue the work in Pastor Rizzo's absence.

Healing Place Church will continue in all of its activities including weekly services and a large variety of ministries and outreaches. We will continue to humbly serve our community by being a Healing Place for a hurting world.”

Megachurch Pastor Dino Rizzo Takes Sabbatical Citing a

5. LivnForChrist

LivnForChrist Jesus Christ is Lord

Amazing. He's right, he is spiritually depleted.

6. billiefan2000

QUASI-WORD FAITH/SEEKER DRIVEN PASTOR DINO RIZZO ON SABBATICAL

By Ken Silva pastor-teacher on Aug 3, 2012 in Current Issues, Features

As bizarre as it might sound when you first hear it, Apprising Ministres has been drawing your attention to the bleeding together of the self-absorbed Seeker Driven camp with the spiritually whacked Word Faith movement.

For example, in the context of mainstream evangelicalism, who would have thought that we’d have to cover things like WF Heretic Rod Parsley Calls Steven Furtick “One Of Nation’s Most Influential Young Leaders.”

Or, thanks to James MacDonald and Mark Driscoll, Elephant Room’s T.D. Jakes, Pastrix Paula White & His Upcoming Women Thou Art Loosed Conference. Lines are being erased like the back line of a batter’s box.

A good example of kicking out these lines would be The Greater Things Compassion Conference this past February, which was hosted by Dino Rizzo, pastor of Healing Place Church along with his wife pastrix DeLynn:

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]inpkybtYAVE[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

(source)

As you can see below, the headliner was WF prosperity preacherette Joyce Meyer:

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]mC9mxMVUAk8[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

This conference was one where those aligned with the Seeker Driven camp like Mark Batterson and Resurgence 12 speaker Miles McPherson would share the platform with Meyer and Hillsong pastrix Christine Caine.[1]

Rizzo himself is highly thought of in WF circles as evidenced by the following tweets back on July 12th, his birthday. Christine Caine:

(source)

Here’s WF preacher Robert Morris, who’s preached at a number of Seeker Driven churches, including the Saddleback Church of Rick Warren:

(source)

Then there’s even this tweet from new ecumenical evangelical magisterium member Craig Groeschel, mentor for prophet-leader Steven Furtick:

(source)

Unfortunately, despite all the Word Faith positive confession a la Joyce Meyer, things are not well for Dino Rizzo right now as we can see in Megachurch Pastor Dino Rizzo Takes Sabbatical Citing a ‘Spiritually Depleted State’.

Earlier this week we’re told:

Dino Rizzo, the pastor of one of the largest churches in the Baton Rouge metro, is stepping away from the pulpit for a season. ”I have not felt myself, spiritually, physically or emotionally for several months now,” says Rizzo, senior pastor of Healing Place Church. “My physically exhausted, spiritually depleted state has affected my decision-making, my family life and my ability to lead effectively.”…

“Healing is what Healing Place Church is all about. After 20 years of uninterrupted outreach to hurting people, lead pastor Dino Rizzo has found that he also needs a time of healing.

“It has been determined by the spirituality board of Healing Place Church that Pastor Rizzo is in need of a sabbatical rest for healing, reflection and restoration of spirit, soul and body. Pastor Rizzo has humbly and willingly embraced the board’s plan, which does not include a predetermined period of time. That will depend upon the healing process. (source)

If this from Steven Furtick last Sunday concerns Rizzo, the situation’s been serious. Let’s be praying for healing and that the Lord grants Dino Rizzo repentance for his rebellion against the Word of God and his false doctrine:

QUASI-WORD FAITH/SEEKER DRIVEN PASTOR DINO RIZZO ON SABBATICAL : Apprising Ministries

7. billiefan2000

updat on Dino's church

=============================

Healing Place pastor resigns By Mark H. Hunter

Special to The Advocate

September 17, 2012
    36 Comments The Rev. Dino Rizzo, lead pastor of Healing Place Church, one of Baton Rouge’s largest churches, announced Sunday morning that he and his wife and co-pastor, DeLynn Rizzo, are leaving the church they founded nearly 20 years ago.

“We feel it is best that we step down as pastors today,” Dino Rizzo told several thousand church members gathered in the spacious arena sanctuary during the first of two Sunday morning services.

DeLynn Rizzo stood next to her husband while he addressed the church members.

“We feel God is moving us into a new season,” he said without disclosing what future plans the couple might have.

“Our hearts are forever marked by your faith, your love and your generosity,” Dino Rizzo told the silent crowd.

The Rizzos took a leave of absence in late July at the behest of the church’s spirituality board because they needed “a sabbatical rest for healing, reflection and restoration of spirit, soul and body,” according to a statement from the board.

“Over these last two months, I’ve needed a lot of mercy and a lot of grace,” Rizzo told the congregation.

He thanked his wife, calling her “my rock,” adding, “To those I have disappointed, I want to say forgive me. I’m sorry if I’ve ever disappointed you as pastor.”

“Two months ago,” Rizzo said, “I let my spirit, soul and body get depleted and did not make good choices as a dad, as a husband, as a leader.”

He said they, as a couple with three children, are now on a road of “healing and hope.”

“To keep our family as a priority and to continue keeping on with what Jesus wants us to do, we feel it’s best to step down and resign as your pastors today,” Rizzo said with emotion rising in his voice. “This is our choice — no one has asked us to do this.”

“We truly feel like we have pastored the greatest church in the world,” DeLynn Rizzo said. “We want you to remember this church is not about Dino. It is not about us. It is about Jesus and proclaiming his name in this city and across the world. It will continue to be a healing place for a hurting world.”

The Rizzos received a long and noisy standing ovation as they exited the stage.

“It’s okay to be sad but don’t be overwhelmed by sorrow or try to read between the lines,” The Rev. Chris Hodges, one of the Healing Place Church’s overseers and pastor of Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, Ala., told the congregation.

“I know you want more than what’s being said here today — but can you be OK that the seven of us (overseers) know?” Hodges asked. “We’re going to take care of them and we’re going to take care of you. Trust me.”

The seven overseers, mostly from out of state, attended the service Sunday.

more... Healing Place pastor resigns | News | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

btw:

Rizzo co-founded the Association of Related Churches, a group of several dozen churches that have planted 135 churches in 33 states in the last few years. Many of those churches are seeker driven btw.

8. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Can someone fill me in on this as I do not see anything wrong with what those two videos have shown ie in my opinion they are doing nothing more than showing gods love to the community in which they serve. :scratch:

9. Hi Daygo,

Does what you see in the video have anything even remotely to do with holy, reverent worship and praise to Christ?

The answer to that question should answer your question.

In Christ,
    FIC

10. followerofjesus

followerofjesus Slave of Christ

Helping the "least and lonely" in our communities is commendable, and something I believe Jesus wants us to do, but that service to the community must include sharing the Gospel with those whom we serve. If you don't do that, you aren't truly helping people; you are enabling them and just being another agency giving them aid. We can't neglect their most basic need which is salvation through the shed blood of Jesus. If someone leaves your church food pantry (for example) with a bag of groceries, but still hasn't heard the Gospel, are you truly helping them? Part of being the "hands and feet" of Jesus is introducing others to Him.