1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ooze

Discussion in 'Apostasy in the Local Church' started by arapahoepark, Jan 23, 2012.

1. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Well-Known Member

I just saw them listed on a OMD blog and decided to visit their website and what I found was mighty questionable, like are they really christian or emerging? I got the feel they were the latter, so I am wondering does anyone know anything else about them?

2. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Well-Known Member

Nevermind, I found out they are definitely EMERGENT!
    But, if you know of some bad things they say, feel free to post to warn people.

3. OnceWasLost

OnceWasLost Super Moderator Staff Member

The website tells one all they need to know. The ooze has been around for a while, it is just another amen chorus of "progressive" "Christian" websites, like Relevant Magazine or Emergent Village, etc.

4. billiefan2000

billiefan2000 Well-Known Member

they are very emergent. the guy who runs it is named Spencer Burke (a good friend of Brian McLaren and Rob Bell 's)

Relevant Magazine for sure is a leftist magazine.

same with Christianity Today (another leftist magazine) and to some extent, the Christian Standard which has done some half truths about the emergent and seeker folks