John MacArthur on Eternal Security

Ruth

Billy Crone is a dear friend. Him and I have gone round and round about some of the aspects of the Calvin doctrine but otherwise - he is pretty solid. He has a passion for the Lord I wish we saw more often in young preachers today.

IGWT

Hi All.

Yes Ruth, I to have had many a conversation about scripture with Billy. He phones me from the States quite often & he has sent me quite a few of his DVD's on lots of subjects. He is a very good man of God & he is solid as you say on scripture & the word. His passion when he is teaching the word is something to watch, you can see that love & passion for the word when he gives sermons & teaches the word.

God Bless you all
VoT

Ruth

Hi All.

Yes Ruth, I to have had many a conversation about scripture with Billy. He phones me from the States quite often & he has sent me quite a few of his DVD's on lots of subjects. He is a very good man of God & he is solid as you say on scripture & the word. His passion when he is teaching the word is something to watch, you can see that love & passion for the word when he gives sermons & teaches the word.

God Bless you all
VoT

The first time I saw /heard him I thought he was NUTS.
I thought, Oh no one of those hell fire Bible thumpin old tent revival style preachers. I literally laughed.

And then, I listened, to the Holy Spirit as He spoke to my heart and I thought, wow - this is wonderful! I fell in love with Billy's teaching and as a brother in Christ and have his whole collection.
He has sent me most of them as 'gifts.'
I even sold some of his end time teachings on Ebay for him.

bghtnpd4

Home with Jesus ... waiting for you all.
those hell fire Bible thumpin old tent revival style preachers

I sure miss those...

open door

those hell fire Bible thumpin old tent revival style preachers

I sure miss those...
Me too. You know, for a while I was kind of against them using "scare tactics". Now, I see where they were coming from - we need more of them. It says in the book of Judge to save some with love and compassion; others, with fear. We are at the end of the church age, the fullness of the gentiles is about to come in, and we need pastors who will preach the true Word - I don't care whose toes/heart it steps on - we need to hear it.

mattfivefour

Me too. You know, for a while I was kind of against them using "scare tactics". Now, I see where they were coming from - we need more of them. It says in the book of Judge to save some with love and compassion; others, with fear. We are at the end of the church age, the fullness of the gentiles is about to come in, and we need pastors who will preach the true Word - I don't care whose toes/heart it steps on - we need to hear it.

Amen. I agree, brother. Many people reject God not because they feel unworthy, but because they feel completely worthy. Others are totally comfortable in their lives. The old holiness and hellfire preachers would shake the complacent out of their complacency and picture an awesome God to those who thought they were good enough ... so that ALL might realize their need of Him and thus be willing to repent and be saved.

mom2four

He definitely grows on you. At first his 'exuberance' was off-putting but the more I listened the more I liked him. He is one of the first I listened to since being saved.

IGWT

Hi All,

For anyone who does not know Billy I know I have given the link to his web site. But here is a link to all his vids on Godtube, I am sure you will enjoy what you hear http://www.godtube.com/searchv3.php?search_text=Billy+Crone&search_type=video . As some have said he sounds at first like on of those hell fire & brimstone preachers, but that is his passion coming across. He is not hellfire & brimstone, but he is very passionate & his enthusiasm knows no bounds. Just listen to just one of his teachings, just one that's all it takes & if you do listen to what he is saying. You will see that it is passion that is in his voice & not hell & Brimstone. Although at times I know for a fact he is not averse to using a bit of that as well if he thinks the congregation needs it.

God Bless you all
VoT

jacee92

Watching

:iagree

Robert

That we do, and we need to use what means we have to spread it. Just remember that it is God that converts people, and not us. We cannot argue someone into the kingdom of God; all we can do is give them the message. let's make sure it's the one they need to hear and not the one we feel comfortable with.

IGWT

Hi All.

You are so right robert, they need to hear the one true gospel & not the twisted altered versions that many many others try to push. That is how the cults twist the word & so take many down the wrong wide path & not through the narrow gate that leads to salvation. There are many preachers / teachers out there that teach error, many many more than there are that teach the truth. So the louder we can speak the true gospel & the more often the better. Though as you say, we can not argue anyone into the kingdom, to believe the truth. We can not bully anyone into the kingdom, force them in anyway. But that is not what Jesus would do or has done, we are told to take his lead. All we need to keep doing is what we all do now & if we reach someone with the truth, then that is fantastic & all praise goes to our Lord & saviour.

But even if we may not reach someone we may be talking to or trying to reach, you never know. You may well have planted a seed that its is up to someone else to water & help to grow & so lead that person to salvation. What ever or how ever small a part we may have in bringing someone to the truth, it matters not. We have been a part in that task & if we was not there, like a cog in a watch. If its not there, the watch will not work, then so if we are not there, that person may not have come to the Lord. We all may have different tasks to help bring others to the Lord, but no matter how big or small those tasks are. They all mean the same to our Lord & our Father, they are all as important as all the others. Just the saving of one person is worth the work. Sorry for waffling I did not mean to do that, I hope though I have explained what I mean as it was meant to be said, if not I am sorry but I hope you understand what I meant by what I have said.

God Bless you all
VoT

mattfivefour

I hope though I have explained what I mean as it was meant to be said, if not I am sorry but I hope you understand what I meant by what I have said.

:lol:

Seriously though, you did indeed make clear to me at least what you were trying to say, bro. Keep up the good posts!

Robert

Hi All.

You are so right robert, they need to hear the one true gospel & not the twisted altered versions that many many others try to push. That is how the cults twist the word & so take many down the wrong wide path & not through the narrow gate that leads to salvation. There are many preachers / teachers out there that teach error, many many more than there are that teach the truth. So the louder we can speak the true gospel & the more often the better. Though as you say, we can not argue anyone into the kingdom, to believe the truth. We can not bully anyone into the kingdom, force them in anyway. But that is not what Jesus would do or has done, we are told to take his lead. All we need to keep doing is what we all do now & if we reach someone with the truth, then that is fantastic & all praise goes to our Lord & saviour.

But even if we may not reach someone we may be talking to or trying to reach, you never know. You may well have planted a seed that its is up to someone else to water & help to grow & so lead that person to salvation. What ever or how ever small a part we may have in bringing someone to the truth, it matters not. We have been a part in that task & if we was not there, like a cog in a watch. If its not there, the watch will not work, then so if we are not there, that person may not have come to the Lord. We all may have different tasks to help bring others to the Lord, but no matter how big or small those tasks are. They all mean the same to our Lord & our Father, they are all as important as all the others. Just the saving of one person is worth the work. Sorry for waffling I did not mean to do that, I hope though I have explained what I mean as it was meant to be said, if not I am sorry but I hope you understand what I meant by what I have said.

God Bless you all
VoT

I think that sums it up pretty well.

Back