1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandaughters prayer bag.

Discussion in 'Christian Chat' started by daygo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Thought i would share with you about my granddaughter who has just turned 6 we picked her up from school ( me and her granny ) took her to the flat she is living in. She said grandad granny do you want to see my prayer bag, We said yes, so she went off and brought a small pink shoulder bag, opened it got 3 peices of paper and read them out. these are my prayers that i write and put them in my prayer bag, asked her where she got the idea from and she said no one i thought it up myself. I thought she is so adorable. Hope this warms folks hearts up a little bit with keep on reading all this negative stuff thats happening in the world today. :willy:

2. BuzzardHut

BuzzardHut Bird Mod Staff Member

:cookiemonster: I want one too!

3. LivnForChrist

LivnForChrist Jesus Christ is Lord

Me too Buzz. Something like that would be such a cute idea.:thinking: Maybe I'll have one of answered
    prayers. I could just write down all the prayers that God has answered and when I get discouraged
    I can just go to the prayer bag and look at how good God has been to me. :nod Yes, I think I will do it.
    Thanks for the idea. :thumbup

4. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

Hint--don't try to find it at Wal-Mart.:ohno:lol:

5. anath

anath I Love the Lord

How sweet! It sure touched my heart, so give her a big hug from us and our thanks. She has inspired us to do the same!

6. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

But seriously, that is such a wonderfully sweet idea your granddaughter thought of. You are so blessed.:thumbup

7. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Super Moderator Staff Member

Isaiah 11:6 says, "A little child shall lead them". Now that refers to a child being able to lead eand play with even the most dangerous animals in the new world that god is going to create because in it there will be nothing to harm anything or anyone. But, if I may be permitted to wrench it out of context, I think that we should let this little child lead us by her example. Yes, what this child did was indeed sweet ... adorable ... precious. All of those things. But I suggest it is also inspired. How wise we would all be to do exactly the same!

8. daygo

daygo Well-Known Member

Yes I do feel so blessed by god with my granddaughter and have told her so. :willy:

9. Patiently...

Patiently... Well-Known Member

Thank you for the heartwarming story.
    An excellent idea by the way.
    God does great things for me and later when I'm in troubled I seem to forget that HE can do anything and HAS done everything for me.
    Little slips of affirmation would be excellent.