1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital resurrection

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, & Natural Disasters' started by Forgiven, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Forgiven

Forgiven Well-Known Member

The latest technology for entertainment...

Tupac’s resurrection and questions over raising the dead

By Vera H-C Chan
    Yahoo | Trending Now
    April 19, 2011

Y! Big Story: Tupac

2. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Super Moderator Staff Member

It is interesting the technologies that exist which finally disprove the notion that "seeing is believing." It would not surprise me to see the A/C use such technologies in the future in order to "deceive many".

3. WKUHilltopper

WKUHilltopper Well-Known Member

Great. High tech zombies. We've got plenty of those in Congress and on the payroll in DC already.

4. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought those were low tech, bro. :hehheh

5. YeuEmMaiMai

YeuEmMaiMai Well-Known Member

Congress are considered low tech as they are not bright enough to light up an LED lightbulb.....

6. ForgivenOne

ForgivenOne Well-Known Member

7. David T. McKee

David T. McKee Jesus is Truth

I have question about all of this that puts a little bit of an additional spin on these things...

We know that the Bible is pretty clear about the practices of "Majick" (I use Crowley's spelling to refer to the practice of actual "spiritual magic" as opposed to the art of illusion).

We also know that Arthur C. Clarke said something very profound on technology and majick: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".

So when does technological knowledge and practice cross the line of spiritual majick? When we start reanimating from digital records, pictures, interviews, memories the lives of someone who has passed away? Or is it when we then put those reanimated programs into a life-like robot such as the ones the Japanese are building?

Or is it when we start replacing, one by one, the neurons in our brains with artificial silicon neurons (such chips exist now and are even available as free or low cost samples for you to experiment with).

Or does it begin when someone connects a transistor up as a quantum noise source by leaving the collector unconnected, samples that noise, and starts asking the transistor questions, or tries to influence the noise with their minds? (don;t laugh the plans and the actual device is available now with a usb connection and software which you can purchase online - or you can build your own, the plans are on sites like "Instructables"). Build your own electronic Ouija board.

Or some total combination of these things to give your resurrected robot loved one that personal "thinking for itself" touch.

Just some thoughts...

-DTM

8. DanLW

DanLW Well-Known Member

Highly likely in view of scripture:

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. (NKJV)(emphasis mine)

I think this seems to suggest that the resurrection of the beast, or antichrist, will be a counterfeit resurrection.

9. Duncanmc

Duncanmc Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember the superbowl commercial where actor Christopher Reeves got up and walked across the stage? It was a very powerful and impactful vision of hope for so many para's and quad's. Imagine something similar but staged to appear "live"....doubters would quickly be shouted down or seen as heretics. Being a believer in this time will be a brutal struggle just as it was in the earliest church. Fear and hiding, hungeer nd disease all leading in many cases to sudden and painful death. But WHAT GLORY just beyond the veil:shocked:thumbup