audio Hebrew

sherryh

I have trouble reading biblical names, places ect. and when i am reading a book that references Hebrew words
i can't pronounce them or talk about what i have read because i can't say the words, ok with that being said
does anyone know of a good source for audible dictionary for english to hebrew?

Hol

Worships Him
Sherry, there are two other resources, well three that I try. One is the Blue Letter Bible that has some audio, another is a Jewish learning website, Chabad.org (I think it's .org), and because I am so new at Hebrew & stumble around a bit, there is a user friendly dictionary that offers some audio. I like it when a word comes to mind or I read a Scripture and want to quickly find out the Hebrew. You can either be trying to spell in Hebrew or type in English for translation. They feature an audio, but I tend to use it on the fly so haven't explored their audio. What you get is a little typewriter that you can select 'English to Hebrew' or 'Hebrew to English' and you often get a good transliteration. If you try it let me know if it helps! Simply Google 'Do it in Hebrew.' A very handy little web page, no ads, no blogs, not much really (last time I checked).

ReadyforSupper

I have trouble reading biblical names, places ect. and when i am reading a book that references Hebrew words
i can't pronounce them or talk about what i have read because i can't say the words, ok with that being said
does anyone know of a good source for audible dictionary for english to hebrew?
The Holy Bible by Alexander Scourby. I can breeze through about 90% of the OT names now.

Back