Did exodus really happen?

n2bowling

Hello Everyone,
Sorry for the strange title but I am in a discussion and I had mentioned how the Jews were slaves to the Egyptians and the non-believer started saying how the story of Exodus was just a myth. I have never had anyone say that so I 'Googled' it and sure enough the threads were saying how that there is no proof of it.

I have to admit that I have never heard that one before so what can I say and show to this guy about how the Jews were once slave to Egypt, btw, he is not a believer at all and the discussion so far is polite and peaceful :)

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
Although many of my brothers and sisters here at RF may be able to steer you to physical proof concerning the Exodus, all the proof that I need to fully believe it occurred is written in the Word of God.

The main reason that your discussion partner has no belief in the Exodus is in your last sentence. He is not a believer. Without the Spirit of God, it will never be possible to believe in His Word.

There is no "physical proof" for many miracles throughout the Bible. That is where faith is involved. However, without Christ, there can be no faith.

I will pray for your friend's salvation.

:pray

DanLMP

I'm tired of people thinking the Bible is a book of children's fairy tales.
There is a lot of secular history that exists that is not backed up with archeological facts.
Oh...maybe...evolution for instance.
Yet the secularists don't challenge those "facts", just the Bible.
Everyone has been preconditioned to disbelieve the Bible.

I've said it before, you have two choices regarding the inerrancy of the Bible.
If the Bible is full of errors then either our Father:

1) Is not omnipotent and is unable to maintain his written Word
OR
2) He is a deceiver and allows his written Word to contain errors

Choose.

3) Or you can just believe his Word.

Until your friend comes to believe he will have a hard time believing #3.

mattfivefour

Although many of my brothers and sisters here at RF may be able to steer you to physical proof concerning the Exodus, all the proof that I need to fully believe it occurred is written in the Word of God.

The main reason that your discussion partner has no belief in the Exodus is in your last sentence. He is not a believer. Without the Spirit of God, it will never be possible to believe in His Word.

There is no "physical proof" for many miracles throughout the Bible. That is where faith is involved. However, without Christ, there can be no faith.

I will pray for your friend's salvation.

:pray
:thumbup

Watching and Waiting

I found it! I knew I'd read a great article on this by one of my favourite teachers, Wendy Wippel. It is with great pleasure I give you... http://www.raptureforums.com/forums/index.php?threads/moses-double-booked.105137/#post-842254329

Then read this: http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/02/Moses-and-Hatshepsut.aspx

Oh it happened alright. It really did. One of the most interesting things you can do with the Israelites and the Bible is reverse engineer the whole thing. It is very exciting, all the best with your reading. :)

Ask questions if you get stuck, do not allow the heathen to shake your faith. :)

Back