Mike Hoggard

dave-o

Does anyone here know anything (good or bad) about this person? He apparently is prolific on Youtube and I know someone who has become almost obsessed with watching him and asked me about him. Before I invest hours in watching myself I thought maybe someone here could save me a possible waste of time.

TruthBJesus

So far, from what I've seen is he checks out...but I have yet to watch a video. He is to present at the Future Congress 2 upcoming. I'm not a big fan of what this conference is about as they have one guy teaching all about these so called "death experiences" and such..which is all crockery.

And get a load of this: http://futurecongress.com/workshops/daniel-duval/

Reactions: Hol

mattfivefour

The problem with Mike Hoggard is that he preaches so many things right. But has so many other things absolutely wrong. And that is a very dangerous combination. Truth and error mixed usually only result in error. It's kind of like algebra: no matter how large the positive number is and how small the negative number, any positive multiplied by a negative will ALWAYS wind up negative.

I don't have time to go into a whole expose of his teachings, but here are just a couple of points.

He believes you get special revelation from scripture. Not merely knowledge but special revelation of hidden things. And God will make you pay a steep price for it. He does not believe in Bible Commentaries or Study bibles. He says he studies the bible with a calculator in his other hand. Apparently he thinks all of the numbers in the bible are there for a hidden reason and we can calculate them out in order to get hidden knowledge. Interestingly, the number 3 in the Bible that represents God, Hoggard says actually represents sin!

He also manipulates data to achieve his desired goals, just like Harold Camping. Here's one example: He says the number 22 in the bible represents revelation because God wrote the Book of Revelation through John using 22 chapters. Of course, this ignores the fact that the Bible was written with NO chapters. It was a Roman Catholic archbishop, Stephen Langton, who first divided the NT into chapters in the 12th century AD ... more than a thousand years after it was written.

Here's another: Hoggard says that as he read the bible he noticed the word "compass" used. Because a compass is a key image in Masonry, he believed this might be a hidden reference to Masonry. He counted up the number of times the word is used and found it totaled 39 times. 39 is 3 times 13 ... and since 3 and 13 both represent sin and evil in the bible, this confirmed for him that the word compass was a reference to Masonry, that God hid in the Bible. The problem is that while there are 39 references in English, in Greek (in which the NT was written) there are different words in different places, so the total does not add up to 39. The only way his system works is if the bible were given to man in English. And that brings us to his next belief.

He believes that all other bibles other than the KJV are of Satan. I know a very few others agree with him, especially among certain Evangelical and Fellowship Baptist groups. (I wonder what that means for people who do not speak English and have bibles in their own language.) But he extends that to the original manuscripts, too. He says you may only study the bible out of the KJV, because that is the bible God gave to man!!! You are never to go to the original Hebrew or Greek. And if you find a preacher or teacher who explains a verse using the Greek or Hebrew, avoid them.

One last warning. Listen to his sermons, and you will rarely hear him expounding on the literal meaning of Scripture. He spiritualizes everything according to his own interpretations. Therefore Scripture does not necessarily means what it plainly says, but what he interprets it to say. That is a dangerous teacher to sit under!

Incidentally, if you check him out with the Who's Who of Bible Prophecy he does not rate a green apple. He gets only a yellow one. (Frankly, I would have thought red would be more accurate!) Anyway, this man is a master of eisegesis (reading ideas into scripture) rather than exegesis (reading ideas out of scripture). It appears that he chiefly approaches the bible with an idea and looks for evidence to prove he is right. However he is an engaging preacher and an effective communicator. He definitely scratches itching ears.

My advice? Stay clear.

JC1949

So far, from what I've seen is he checks out...but I have yet to watch a video. He is to present at the Future Congress 2 upcoming. I'm not a big fan of what this conference is about as they have one guy teaching all about these so called "death experiences" and such..which is all crockery.

And get a load of this: Daniel Duval :: Future Congress

yep....I know but many speakers in this conference are well known and respected even in this Rapture Forums:
I just read Bill Salus,Hal Lindsey,Jack Kinsella,Bill Koenig,and so forth.....

I know that we are living in strange times....and we try to understand what in the world is going on,and I also know that it is easy to be carried away into lots of speculation.....so there is a danger there...as Adrian says,to go in EISEGESIS instead of EXEGESIS...and start cultivating certain "pet doctrines" that makes us feel we are more "enlightened" than others....and I do see a real danger in delving in hidden things....so.....:scratch:

my advice to myself and others...let's stay humble and let's not depart from the simplicity of the gospel.....The Lord made it simple because He knows we like to complicate everything...

M A R A N A T H A

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
I'm not familiar with him but thanks for the heads up Adrian.
I will make sure to stay clear of him. I do want to go to that
future congress though. It's in Dallas so I'm going to try to
go God willing.

Reactions: Hol

dave-o

Thanks for the analysis Adrian. When this person started telling me about how Hoggart uses numerology a lot that set the alarm bells ringing. I don't know that I've ever seen a teacher that did that was NOT prone to errors and all too often very serious errors.

JC1949

me too.....actually his videos are long and heavy in megabites...some stuff he teaches about Free masons is interesting,and true,because my dad,before he got saved ( praise The lord praise The Lord:hyper:) was a free masons and used to indoctrinate me with the mason junk...so I find interesting .....but I wouldn't endorse everything the man says.....the thing is that I have listened to many many preachers from sermon audio....we have to be careful to whom we listen to and must always check what the Scriptures says,in other words be truly Bereans Acts 17:11........
Acts 17:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

:hat::wave

vjsd11

The problem with Mike Hoggard is that he preaches so many things right. But has so many other things absolutely wrong. And that is a very dangerous combination. Truth and error mixed usually only result in error. It's kind of like algebra: no matter how large the positive number is and how small the negative number, any positive multiplied by a negative will ALWAYS wind up negative.

I don't have time to go into a whole expose of his teachings, but here are just a couple of points.

He believes you get special revelation from scripture. Not merely knowledge but special revelation of hidden things. And God will make you pay a steep price for it. He does not believe in Bible Commentaries or Study bibles. He says he studies the bible with a calculator in his other hand. Apparently he thinks all of the numbers in the bible are there for a hidden reason and we can calculate them out in order to get hidden knowledge. Interestingly, the number 3 in the Bible that represents God, Hoggard says actually represents sin!

He also manipulates data to achieve his desired goals, just like Harold Camping. Here's one example: He says the number 22 in the bible represents revelation because God wrote the Book of Revelation through John using 22 chapters. Of course, this ignores the fact that the Bible was written with NO chapters. It was a Roman Catholic archbishop, Stephen Langton, who first divided the NT into chapters in the 12th century AD ... more than a thousand years after it was written.

Here's another: Hoggard says that as he read the bible he noticed the word "compass" used. Because a compass is a key image in Masonry, he believed this might be a hidden reference to Masonry. He counted up the number of times the word is used and found it totaled 39 times. 39 is 3 times 13 ... and since 3 and 13 both represent sin and evil in the bible, this confirmed for him that the word compass was a reference to Masonry, that God hid in the Bible. The problem is that while there are 39 references in English, in Greek (in which the NT was written) there are different words in different places, so the total does not add up to 39. The only way his system works is if the bible were given to man in English. And that brings us to his next belief.

He believes that all other bibles other than the KJV are of Satan. I know a very few others agree with him, especially among certain Evangelical and Fellowship Baptist groups. (I wonder what that means for people who do not speak English and have bibles in their own language.) But he extends that to the original manuscripts, too. He says you may only study the bible out of the KJV, because that is the bible God gave to man!!! You are never to go to the original Hebrew or Greek. And if you find a preacher or teacher who explains a verse using the Greek or Hebrew, avoid them.

One last warning. Listen to his sermons, and you will rarely hear him expounding on the literal meaning of Scripture. He spiritualizes everything according to his own interpretations. Therefore Scripture does not necessarily means what it plainly says, but what he interprets it to say. That is a dangerous teacher to sit under!

Incidentally, if you check him out with the Who's Who of Bible Prophecy he does not rate a green apple. He gets only a yellow one. (Frankly, I would have thought red would be more accurate!) Anyway, this man is a master of eisegesis (reading ideas into scripture) rather than exegesis (reading ideas out of scripture). It appears that he chiefly approaches the bible with an idea and looks for evidence to prove he is right. However he is an engaging preacher and an effective communicator. He definitely scratches itching ears.

My advice? Stay clear.

New to to the forum here so this is asked with all due respect: where did you see that Mike attributed the number '3' to sin? Im on video #4 of his King James Bible code volume 7 series, and its been amazing thus far. I get that many are put off by his focus on numbers, but can we really say that numbers are NOT important in the Bible? Doesnt the number '7' have extra significance?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, I know this is 5 months late, but this was one of the top results on Google of him. So he should get a fair shake. Please allow me to simply post a link to the first video of his that I watched, and if someone can spot any fatal errors please let me know. But bear in mind all humans are fallible, make mistakes, and even the best preachers may have flaws in doctrine. We should eat the meat and spit out the bones, regarding every preacher. Including the likes of Billy Graham, Rick Warren etc.. (rip to his son though). Thanks, God bless.

Watchman Video Broadcast 02-10-13, King James Code Volume 7, Number 7 Part 1 - YouTube

keywe

I am very new to this forum & I hope it does not aggravate anyone for me to exhume this old thread. In my early 30's my wife & I converted to Catholicism & remained so for some 25-years. We have since left the Catholic Church. However, before making that decision, we spent considerable time studying different Bible translations on various topics. We reached the conclusion that the KJV is the sole Bible for us. Eventually, we began attending a non-denominational church where numerous translations are applied - I often wanted to ask the pastor just how it is he decides on which translation to use for every verse that is being taught. I also e-mailed the pastor some scriptures for his opinion & his answers both surprised & disappointed me. His church is one where nothing controversial, such as the Rapture, will be covered as it is too divisive (his words). Who was it that said, "if you won't stand for something you'll fall for anything"? I just can't continue to attend that church, so right now I'm in limbo.

In the meantime, I have become pro-Mike Hoggard. Now I want to point out (1) I am a member of the KJV-only crowd & I realize it is forbidden to promote such a stand on this forum & (2) I came to my conclusion long before I had ever heard of Rapture Forums or Mike Hoggard. Hoggard has done nothing but reinforced my KJV preference.

He likes to say that God is the author of order (perhaps this is a reference to 1 Cor 14:33). Would anyone disagree with that claim? Consequently, he looks for patterns & especially numerical ones (I believe he bases this on Ecc 7:27 & Rev 13:18). I feel he has uncovered some remarkable things. Symbolism is another topic upon which he focuses (such as freemasonry - why is it all a secret; advertising is also of interest & the concept of our conditioning). Genetics/DNA is another strong focus & he makes compelling cases for his beliefs (I've held onto article upon article where science is attempting to alter our genetic structure or mix humans with animals - you don't realize just how frequent these articles appear in the press; there is even one where human DNA has been mixed with rice & is grown in Kansas but it's not for human consumption - only God knows what is taking place in other countries right now). Ephesians 6:12 is another foundation for his teachings & sermons.

I could list several other subjects, but suffice it to say, I look at the world much differently than I used to. Not solely because of Mike Hoggard, but he is a great influence & I believe a positive one. And he is definitely interesting. Taking a topic or two alone might give one an impression that his teachings are far-fetched, but as a whole they really make a lot of sense.

Please forgive any transgressions against this forum.

JesusisGod

Yeah,ive kept an eye on Mike for around three years...his theological stand is fine,his stance on Bible translation is that the KJV is the superior translation for english speaking people. And for other people who do not speak english,then any Bible that is Textus receptus based.I agree that the TR is better than Vaticanus and Sinaiticus (for obvious reasons). But I think he leans towards a second inspiration view. As for accusations against him of a progressive revelationist,not true.Since a progressive revelationist often adds to the Word of God and holds his/her words as prophetic eventhough they blatantly contradict scripture.He however works within scripture to piece together the potential culprits that may be involved in tribulation scene.He's spot on with his masonic knoweledge and other groups that are associated with them.I was initially weary of him,but his ministry primarily focuses on those who are involved with these cults or thinking about it.I think hes misinterpreted by those who just jump into his material. But as usual I keep an eye out to see if hell get all Ellen g White on everybody in the future. The preaching Ive heard thus far can be compared to a fundamentalist in perspective and style.His beliefs lean into the Baptist category,and he's not a hard calvinist.But hes no John Macarthur,Wiersbe,or Giesler in knoweledge either.His material isnt exegetical in approach,but instead applies events that are occuring now to future outcomes predicted in the Bible.Hes not a date setter or true church theorist like the armstrongians are and catholic church.,however his approach can seem risky to me at least.His videos are informative,but for exegetical learning Dr.White,Dr.MacArthur,Dr.Sorenson,any old D.L. Moody sermon books,M.R. DeHaan,H.A. Ironside,John Phillips,and Oliver Greene material are probably the better route (eventhough not all of these guys agree perfectly with eachother on everything). Anyways,God bless ya'll.

Andrew

Well known member
Maybe time to remind us of what Adrian posted a couple of years back on this…

Good food laced with poison is poisonous. It cannot be consumed without risk.

Last edited:

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
Wow...just saw this...

I'm very very close with his close friends (yes he is just an acquaintance to me).

His following is cultish...I'm not trying yo be rude, that's just how I perceive it.

He's too much for me with his alien/blood/kjv sensationalism.

I just thought it was neat that a guy I hear preach and kinda know was asked about on RF! LOL!

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
The reason their is going to be so many people in hell is because they are to stupid to know Mike Hoggard is right all the way. God wrote the kjv bible through men. God knew what they were writing and had it not been what God wanted. God would have fixed it then.
Why would God need now starting in the 70' all these new so called bibles. Do you all not know they were written by satan . He inspired men to write these bibles for him.
You say you can not understand the KJV BIBLE we'll get saved, get salvation and you will understand it. Pray or understanding before you begin reading the Bible.
The Bible God wrote tells us what we can and can not do to get to Heaven. If that is where you plan to go, then you better find out how to get there. It is your road map to Heaven.

I think God for Mike Hoggard and his knowledge.
LoL...awesome, this just proved my point

Back