About Job

cspat64

I have been studying the book of Job for many years. I know that God let Satan did what it wanted to do to Job to test Job's faithfulness to God. I want to aske this question as a person who has been under a lot of troubles and depression so I know how a person like Job who was under those kind of loss and depression that he wanted to die and I did and continue to do so. My question is that :
1. Where was Job's wife during his suffering? According to the Bible, his wife was not standing with him and she even encouraged him to commit suicide. Why did not Satan remove Job's wife? Probably because Satan knew that she could be its instrument. Is it so?
2. After all the suffering and reconciling with God, God blessed Job with everything he lost but I want to know if Job could forget about his previous 10 children that he lost and how he did it. What I want to know is that for me tragedy once it happens, it is very hard to forget and it gave me a depression. I want to know how Job at the end could started with what God has double blessed him like new again. I have a question if those children he got after the suffering was from his same wife?...because if it was my wife who encouraged me to commit suicide and let me sat with my 3 friends who did not understand me and where was she during those time? I don't think I wanted to have any more children with her. Probably Job could forgive her as well as his 3 friends?
After studying the book of Job for many times, I now have these questions. I hope someone can shade a light for me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sandee

I had to laugh cspat64, I have asked the LORD the same exact question. Job was the same as we are; it is not likely that he forgot about the lost family, and he suffered just as we would have. But, Job saw God and talked with him, and God spent a lot of time getting Job's attitude straightened out. That was a life altering experience, can you imagine what one of us would have felt like, if God appeared to one of us and carried on a long conversation?

One of the things about Job that has intrigued me is the subtle references to the life of Christ in his testimonies. As you read through, watch for these, it is fun to see how many you can find.

Reactions: Hol

Hol

Worships Him
Good questions cspat64. From what I understand, most Rabbis wrestle with Job. I dearly love that book, and with Sandee find much of the book teaches us about Christ's suffering and faithfulness.

Another big help is that nearly all of his friends gave him bad advice, but some of their advice sounded like something I might say! CONVICTION !!

Mustang

I want to know if Job could forget about his previous 10 children that he lost and how he did it.
I have lost a daughter that was 15 and I wanted to die at times. I had to take it one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. One thing I've learned is time heals, as time passes the hurt inside isn't as sharp as it was at first.
I can't even imagine losing 10 children like Job did. I believe God gives us a strength we don't even know we have, I cried for at least 6 months every day and felt I had no strength and would never make it through, but I have so far.
I can't believe it's going to be 17 years this June since that horrible phone call and yes I still cry for her. Job would never forget his previous children but the children God blessed him with later would fill his life again and lessen the that hurt from the earlier loss.
I have three other kids God blessed us with that helps ease it, we are kept occupied in their lives.

Sandee

I want to know if Job could forget about his previous 10 children that he lost and how he did it.
I have lost a daughter that was 15 and I wanted to die at times. I had to take it one day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. One thing I've learned is time heals, as time passes the hurt inside isn't as sharp as it was at first.
I can't even imagine losing 10 children like Job did. I believe God gives us a strength we don't even know we have, I cried for at least 6 months every day and felt I had no strength and would never make it through, but I have so far.
I can't believe it's going to be 17 years this June since that horrible phone call and yes I still cry for her. Job would never forget his previous children but the children God blessed him with later would fill his life again and lessen the that hurt from the earlier loss.
I have three other kids God blessed us with that helps ease it, we are kept occupied in their lives.
Good perspective Mustang. That is one thing that people who have never lost a child would not have.

Back