There Were Giants on the Earth...In Italy

derrickwilson

I think there were probably giants on Earth in the past when the oxygen levels were higher. There were giant dinosaurs, why not giant men?

WKUHilltopper

Giants found in NY!!

th

Cruxador

Some reading you can do on this subject:

*********************/Ancient-Giant...65637&sr=1-1&keywords=THe+Smithsonian+coverup

There is more but someone mentioned the Smithsonian.

The Smithsonian was founded shortly into Thomas Jefferson's administration and may have been covering things up as far back as the Lewis and Clark expedition:

*********************/Suppressed-Hi...-1&keywords=the+suppressed+history+of+america

Carl

America Unearthed program on the History Channel covers this topic quite well. Seems there are a lot of covering up going on.

goingup

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
giant
Or nphil {nef-eel'}; from naphal; properly, a feller, i.e. A bully or tyrant -- giant.

see HEBREW naphal (nephilim)
I guess it really does not matter. I read the nephilim were great men of renoun meaning super large and super intelligent. I do not believe Nephelim is a part of the order of angels. Please show me because if i am ever asked i want to be able to show someone the verse and material to back up my statement. I take the bible as the literal word of God. Still learning much love to my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Sons of God refers to Angels. Because they left their habitation as mentioned in the New Testament. Also the Bible doesn't Say Angels cannot Reproduce, God set a limit that they were not to reproduce. Because when we are Given Spiritual bodies it says we are longer marry or are given in marriage in other words we remain celebate. This is why the whole world had to be destroyed because if God did not act when He had only those 8 righteous Souls there would have been no blood line that was uncontaminated to bring The Messiah into the world. This is why that group was then put in chains reserved for judgment so they could not repeat this after the flood. However Satan seems to be accomplishing this by physically manipulating DNA these days. (Shudder!!!) No telling what monsters sit in secret government labs these days, man wants to become like God.
Many of the answers are in the Old Testament and using a concordance with it and other Scriptures thru out the Bible. Anakin looked like some angels decided to try what they did in the Genesis again and that why Israel was commanded to destroy everything, they were grasshoppers in their sight (The 10 spies with bad reports).

LindaR

I don't know if this attachment will open since I've never tried to upload a file in this forum before. This is a great study written by John Young on the topic about who the sons of God are.

Attachments

• The Sons of God are not Angels by John Young.pdf
    195.2 KB · Views: 19

Hol

Worships Him
I don't know if this attachment will open since I've never tried to upload a file in this forum before. This is a great study written by John Young on the topic about who the sons of God are.
Thanks Linda, it downloaded for me & I'll read it :hug

Hol

Worships Him
Wow - huge MYTH BUSTER, and all done by scripture. Thanks Linda !

Here's a really good bit:
CONCLUSION:

The myth that "the Sons of God are Angels " is not actually found or stated ANYWHERE in the bible. It is derived from a Jewish Fable self imposed on scripture and spread in ignorance of the context of ACTUAL scripture. If we study the bible without the help of this myth and others like it we will see the true facts unfold.

The New Testament is very clear the "Son's of God" refer only to the Saved Human Race. What is true of the "Son" is true of the "Sons" as we are co-heirs with Christ. The Angels are not co-heirs with Christ but rather ministers to the Sons.

John 1:12-14 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,even to them that believe on his name: 13 which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Cruxador

Wow - huge MYTH BUSTER, and all done by scripture. Thanks Linda !

Here's a really good bit:

The phrase "Sons of God" is ALWAYS used to refer to Angels in the old testament, not just in Genesis. You have to read the verses in their own context, you cannot read them threw a lense of another verse elsewhere in the bible, each verse and chapter alone provides context.

If you try to base scripture on another verse elsewhere that leads to apostasy and heresy, because then you could base any interpretation on any verse you wanted to use to get your desired meaning, ignoring the true, plain meaning of the text as it is written.

Andrew

Well known member
Care is definitely required when answering the question who are the sons of God. It is clear that they were present during the creation, so they could not be men in Job 38:7. It seems that in the Old Testament, which was written in Hebrew, the phrase is typically used to refer to angels. In the New Testament, which was written in Greek, the phrase refers to the Church.

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
My question is why, if you look at the context, would angels be plugged in for sons of God here? The previous verse speaks of human men and women...

Genesis 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

And add this. ..

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

and notice this...

sons of God + women = men

So if angels were sons of God, why are they called human men?

EDIT TO ADD...

As I've studied this out both ways, I can see how Angels can be applied to this as well...pretty wild study

Last edited:

Andrew

Well known member
As I've studied this out both ways, I can see how Angels can be applied to this as well...pretty wild study

:agree

Genesis could definitely be read either way on its own. Where the phrase occurs in Job (3 times), however, it could only refer to angels. In the NT it's clear that the phrase refers to the Church. With the different original languages, I think it wise to look at the old and new testaments independently. Based on the same phrase being used in the same language in both Job and Genesis I would tend to go with the same meaning for both sets of these OT occurrences and use the clarity of its use in Job to determine its meaning in Genesis. That does not mean that the same thing will or did necessarily happen again. The meaning of the word Nephilim seems much more uncertain.

Interesting study!

LindaR

Care is definitely required when answering the question who are the sons of God. It is clear that they were present during the creation, so they could not be men in Job 38:7. It seems that in the Old Testament, which was written in Hebrew, the phrase is typically used to refer to angels. In the New Testament, which was written in Greek, the phrase refers to the Church.
Anddra....

Did you read the article?

THE SONS OF GOD IN GOD'S DISCOURSE TO JOB

Job 38:4-7 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Some think these verses are one whole question referring to the creation of the earth and logic is used to say Man did not exist yet so this "must be" angels. But the passage does not say this. Notice the passage is actually five separate questions. They were not present at creation but the were present when the "Corner stone" was laid. In the Bible every time we see "Corner stone" in scripture we see it is only ever referring to Christ. Christ became this Cornerstone at his resurrection and this is when "the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy."

Isaiah 28:16 therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.Matthew 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?Ephesians 2:20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

1 Peter 2 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Back