Why Did Pilate wash His Hands?

PonchoWest

Can you hear me now
Who Killed Jesus?

Why did Pilate wash his hands?

Mat 27:24 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

The key to the question is here.
Mat 27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Well then who where the people standing about?
Mat 27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

Now the reason for why God thought it necessary to include this portion of the events surrounding the death of Jesus is so we would know, one, who killed Jesus and more important, why it had to be the Jew and why it had to be at the hands of the High Priests or the tribe of Levi.

Jesus is the Lamb of God.
John 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Who takes away sin?

Now who, in the bible did the killing of the sacrifice that would cover the sins of the whole nation of Israel for another year?

Yeah, you guest it the High Priest, and since we all know Jesus was the Lamb of God that would die to take away the sins of the world. Jesus could NOT have been killed by a Gentile. He had to die as a result of the actions of the High Priest.

The fact that those standing around said, “let His blood be on us and our children”. Which is a blood covenant term.

Yet in the attempt to strip the nation of Israel of its rightful place as the chosen people of God who carried out the rituals surrounding the Blood Covenant, the religious gentile Church attempted to use the death of Jesus as yet another reason to hate the Jew. When in fact they did exactly what God had preordained them to do since Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

Last edited:

PonchoWest

Can you hear me now
Oh but you miss out on the beauty of how God put all this together. And the fact that he did all this, 6000+ history just so He could have a people that Love Him because it chose to. It’s far too simplistic to say; well he died for Jews and Gentiles, which is true.

It takes 3-5min to pop something in the microwave and yeah it’s OK and you will get fed but when you prepare a meal that takes you an hour to make, it brings with it a whole new atmosphere for the person that eats the dinner.

It’s in digging and hunting where Christians get a clearer picture of just what it is that God did for them. So please don’t take my statement that I’m blaming one people over another for the death of Jesus.

Yet in the attempt to strip the nation of Israel of its rightful place as the chosen people of God who carried out the rituals surrounding the Blood Covenant, the religious gentile Church attempted to use the death of Jesus as yet another reason to hate the Jew. When in fact they did exactly what God had preordained them to do since Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.
-----------and Jesus said in Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

PonchoWest

Can you hear me now
I believe that’s the roots of replacement theology. For far to long the gentiles church (us or any none Jew) has over the last 1000 years done it’s best to strip away the fact that Gods focus was and now again is the nation of Israel because the time of the gentiles has been fulfilled since 1958 when Israel got Jerusalem back. Even in 1984 after only being born again for a very short time I knew that when ever the speaker at what ever church I was visiting would quote scripture that was directly tied to Israel but would be applied to America or the church I just knew something was not right about that. It was only after getting into digging through Bible and Bible history that I understood why replacement theology was very wrong.

Back