they were enemies of the cross

Elijah's Mantle

:preach
I began to do a study on this topic ,which deals directly from the word of God and who Paul called "the enemies" and even as it is today in modern times it takes discernment to identify who the enemies are
First I wanted to start in Corinthians because this is where we find it mentioned in the passage about the divine wisdom of God and the "mystery" which I might also note to some the word of the cross might still yet be a mystery :(( when Paul wrote to the church in Galatia he made mention of persecution and so it is today even many are still persecuted for the preaching of the cross just as Paul was
:thinking:
what more needs understood however is the ones in which Paul called "enemies of the cross"
you can guess it deals a direct blow to legalizers :(( individuals seeking to hold others in bondage to the law .I wager most have encountered the kind along the way somewhere I know I did once and no its not always beyond evident how many are enemies of the cross ,yet there is a means to identify them

for by ‘the blood of His cross’ reconciliation to God has been made possible (Col. 1:20; 2:14-15
here we find the triumph of the cross
and we can also know this in regards to the cross as well
the cross of Christ brings home the seriousness of sin
declares the powerlessness of fallen humanity to achieve salvation
and exposes openly human delusions of self-righteousness

we can know and understand from God's word that God devised by his wisdom a plan of salvation
which stands as the greatest plan ever devised in all time :yeah:
In chapter 2 we read about the true wisdom of God and the wisdom of God in a mystery
even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our Glory
bear in mind however that speaks of before the foundations of the world found in 1 peter chptr 1
as you also read in verse 29 of of 1 cor ... no flesh should glory in his presence that means no human effort meaning nothing humans do brings about salvation accept accepting Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross and placing faith in that finished work . Why enemies of the cross attempt another Gospel is beyond me :ohno but it still goes on even today and is good to know what the word makes known about the subject matter :((

king'sbloomingrose

He is able to save
for by ‘the blood of His cross’ reconciliation to God has been made possible (Col. 1:20; 2:14-15

Amen! :nod I love what you said here about how the Cross brings home the seriousness of sin. That whole paragraph is basically the gospel in a nutshell.

Elijah's Mantle

:((
yes it says it well in a simple way in which all can understand
we must always bear in mind the seriousness of fallen humanity
what was required and just how great God's wisdom is
I had hoped to do several other paragraphs with the scripture
I got distracted for a wee bit :tele
I am back with half a ear at least :lol:
I had wanted to also mention 2nd Corinthians 5:19
just prior we read who has reconciled us and given
the to us the ministry of reconciliation
to wit that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself
not imputing their trespasses unto them :elmogrin
this is a great word and we know the penalty
was imputed to Christ instead

I however need to define "Impute" and make clear one defining mark of what Paul called the enemies of the cross
first Impute is defined as ....to lay the responsibility or blame for often falsely or unjustly.
beware of any who attempt to impute yet can not in a coherent sentence from scripture
tell you anything regarding the sin nature and how to gain victory over it
this is a common trait the enemies tend to have
they more or less attempt to either deny the nature
or un-scripturaly teach sinless perfection via introduction of legalism
(keeping of man derived self imposed laws rules etc..)
and upon followers not doing so they IMPUTE to the believer bondage
this is a lengthy study even for me :thinking: however I believe it may benefit others also
least hope so KBR :hug I'll get the rest in soon :((

Elijah's Mantle

I guess I should give fair warning what is recorded regarding the cross of Christ and the wisdom of God which is foolishness to perishing men will fly in the face of religion and the legalism contained in it
of course we know that the greatest accusers and deniers of Jesus was the prideful power mongers
the Pharisee's and the scribes . Lucky for us :elmogrin the mystery of God's hidden wisdom outwitted em all :yeah: even today however we must have enough discernment to identify bondage and defeat and
recognize the Imputers of it :(( lest the cross of Christ be made of no effect . Another strategy of the
enemies of the cross as noted in scripture
when we see the seriousness of sin we can also see who the expert is
that also deals with sin and all the sin natures of saved and unsaved case in fact
the only means of a way even redeemed man can stop sin from having dominion
is by the Holy Spirit and the word of God makes clear to all
doing of works whatever it is is of no effect at all It is by FAITH ALONE
IN CHRIST ALONE we gain the victory over that sin does not dominate our nature
new creatures have a new advantage brought to us by the wisdom of God not man

hope you all will help with the study too (Hint Hint) LOL

Elijah's Mantle

I believe this Bible Passage says most of the real reason :((

Romans 10:2-4 (King James Version)

2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

another words any works that establishes man's and not God's is of ignorance :((
and not one single person can ever be righteous apart from God
the Bible also states all our righteousness is as filthy rags :tsk:
imagine what our sin looks like :tsk:

Redemption is """ALL OF GOD""" none of mankind

dan p

:preach
I began to do a study on this topic ,which deals directly from the word of God and who Paul called "the enemies" and even as it is today in modern times it takes discernment to identify who the enemies are
First I wanted to start in Corinthians because this is where we find it mentioned in the passage about the divine wisdom of God and the "mystery" which I might also note to some the word of the cross might still yet be a mystery :(( when Paul wrote to the church in Galatia he made mention of persecution and so it is today even many are still persecuted for the preaching of the cross just as Paul was
what more needs understood however is the ones in which Paul called "enemies of the cross"
you can guess it deals a direct blow to legalizers :(( individuals seeking to hold others in bondage to the law .I wager most have encountered the kind along the way somewhere I know I did once and no its not always beyond evident how many are enemies of the cross ,yet there is a means to identify them

we can know and understand from God's word that God devised by his wisdom a plan of salvation
which stands as the greatest plan ever devised in all time :yeah:
In chapter 2 we read about the true wisdom of God and the wisdom of God in a mystery
even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our Glory
bear in mind however that speaks of before the foundations of the world found in 1 peter chptr 1
as you also read in verse 29 of of 1 cor ... no flesh should glory in his presence that means no human effort meaning nothing humans do brings about salvation accept accepting Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross and placing faith in that finished work . Why enemies of the cross attempt another Gospel is beyond me :ohno but it still goes on even today and is good to know what the word makes known about the subject matter :((

Hi , and several years ago , I read a 86 page book on the " The Enemines of the Cross of Christ " by Fred Bachand , and is worth reading , dan p

Back