The Book of Enoch

1newman

Was the Book of Enoch ever part of biblical canon(?sp.)?
If so,why was it removed? Since it's not part of biblical canon today,but Jude is said to have quoted from it,what relevance does the book hold?

ZAGS

This is what Jeck Kelley says about it.

Why Was Enoch’s Book Excluded
I was reading your answer to the question: How Can Angels And Humans Have Children? I looked up the Book of Enoch. Very Interesting. Can you tell why it wasn’t included in the Bible?

Q. I was reading your answer to the question: How Can Angels And Humans Have Children? I looked up the Book of Enoch. Very Interesting. Can you tell why it wasn’t included in the Bible?

Also, I was discussing this with my husband, and he said Enoch came from Cain, so I thought maybe that is why it wasn’t included, but then I was looking in Genesis, and it seems as though there are two men named Enoch in the Bible, one indeed from Cain, but the other from Jared (Seth’s side). Genesis 4 and 5 can cause some confusion if a person isn’t really paying attention. So many parallels in names: Methusael (from Mehujael)-Methuselah (from Enoch) ; Lamech (from Methusael) -Lamech (from Methuselah) ; Enoch(from Cain)-Enoch(from Jared).

I guess I am asking about this point to make sure I understand correctly, these are six different people? Do you know which Enoch the Book of Enoch came from? Thank you.

A. The Book of Enoch wasn’t included in Scripture because it wasn’t written by either Enoch of Genesis times and didn’t appear until long after the events it describes. Also, theological errors led scholars to conclude that it wasn’t an inspired writing. So, while there are many interesting explanations of traditional Jewish beliefs, the book should not be given the weight of Scripture.

There was an Enoch as well as a Lamech in both the lines of Seth and Cain, and Methushael and Methuselah were two different people, So yes, the references you cited are of six different people.
Why Was Enoch’s Book Excluded | GraceThruFaith

The Book Of Enoch
Do you believe in the book of Enoch? Do you think Enoch really wrote it?

Q. Do you believe in the book of Enoch? Do you think Enoch really wrote it?

A. Most scholars believe that the Book of Enoch was written by someone else, long after Enoch’s disappearance from Earth. I haven’t found a single Biblical scholar who will attest to its authenticity.

Neither the Rabbis who selected the books included in the Old Testament, nor the council of Bishops who did the same thing for the New chose to include Enoch among the canonized books.

It is included among the books of the Pseudepigraphica, a collection of writing thought to have some historical value, but not inspired by the Holy Spirit. (Pseudepigraphica is a big word for “false title.” It means they were written by some one other than their title would lead you to believe.)
The Book Of Enoch | GraceThruFaith

Hope that helps.

I went to the website that you have mentioned and all can say is I would be very carefull believeing in what this website is doing, I just get a funny feeling they may be trying to discredit the Bible.
This is my opinion. There is reference to angels who rebelled in Heaven and came to earth to and took wives of woman of the earth.
See Genesis 6: 1-8
There is a man born of Seth whose name was Enosh, but Enoch is the man who was taken directly to Heaven Genesis 5:21-24
As far as The Book of Enoch all indication by many theologians and historians is that the book of Enoch and has no verification, It was included in the Bible untill sometime I believe in the 1500's it was part of the Books of the apocrypa, There was 14 in all and 11 of them still remain in the Catholic Bible the Douay. But no longer excist in the King James because there is no proof of them being Holy Spirit inspired.
Robert

Back