Millenium bodies

RonJohnSilver

Good Saturday morning all....Beautiful day here in Texas. I have a question that occurred to me this a.m. during my devotional. In Luke 24:39, during Jesus' post resurrection appearances, He makes the statement that a "...spirit does not have flesh and bone as you see I have...". Flesh and bone, not flesh and blood. Is there any significance to substituting the word 'bone' for 'blood'? Or is it just a grammatical idiom?

On a similar note, Pastor Steve Hadley of Harvest Family Fellowship in Reno, made an interesting observation concerning our glorified bodies. He notes the possibility that the bodies/events of the transfiguration could symbolize the millenium...that is, in the millenium, you have Jesus present, with the raptured saints (Elijah), the dead in Christ (Moses)..all in glorified bodies along with the tribulation saints (Peter, James, John) in their mortal bodies. An interesting thought. Wonder if we'll see each other as 'glowing' or would it be just the mortal who see us as glowing? Anyway, thoughts on bone/blood? Ron

Hebron

Blood defiles, sin is in the blood it causes death, when we are glorified as Jesus is now glorified we will have new bodies visible bodies but with no blood.

It's a beautiful day here to

mattfivefour

Respectfully, I believe you err when you say "sin is in the blood". I believe you will find that "life is in the blood" (Leviticus 17:11, 14; Deuteronomy 12:23) not sin. If sin were in the blood, then how could God say "precious is their blood in my sight"? (Psalm 72:14) And, most importantly, if sin were in the blood then how could all things (holy and profane) be cleansed by blood? (Hebrews 9:22)

Sin is in the flesh (Romans 7:25), the "flesh" being our carnal nature, the nature that needs to die and be replaced by His nature.

Hebron

I'm sorry if I erred maybe I should have phrased it better
I Corinthians 15:50 says “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. “ The Apostle Paul turns to the subject of transformation of the body not the soul. The body that we now possess is not suitable for the heavenly kingdom. It is corrupted, subject to disease, and decays. Only that which is pure, incorruptible and immortal can enter heaven, this is why there must be a change
It is a spirit dominated body instead of a blood operated body. Then we are transformed into our new bodies, they will be operated through the Spirit which will give us life eternal. Before it was powered by the life in the blood and was perishable when it is changed in the resurrection it is powered by the Spirit having eternal life.
I must say the verses you quote

if sin were in the blood then how could all things (holy and profane) be cleansed by blood? (Hebrews 9:22)
isn't our blood impure, sinfull, isn't the only spotless lamb of God who shed His blood, the only sinless blood able to cover our sins because our blood is not sinless we only become righteous through the shed blood of Christ but even though we are made righteous the blood and flesh that makes up our human bodies still decays and dies.
When it says ''Life is in the blood'' it means in the blood of Christ.

Andrew

Well known member
After the Lord rose, He came to His disciples...
Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”
Luke 24:36-39 (NKJV)

No blood is mentioned because His blood was shed.

After we are raptured we will have bodies of glory like His body of glory (flesh and bone)...
Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
1 John 3:2 (NKJV)

There is a beautiful type of the bride in Genesis...
And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

Genesis 2:23 (NKJV)

The blood of Jesus was the price He paid to redeem us.

Transformed

Here's something I've wondered about -- I know that when He appears, we will be like Him. Some people say that means we'll all be 33 years ago, His age when He died. I think it has more to do with the condition of His glorified body, rather than His age.

Also, I've heard it said, yet can't quite verify it -- after His resurrection, He still had the wounds in His hands/feet/side. Does that then mean that all of us, even resurrected, will still have our bodily "wounds"? I've also heard that we'll all be physically resurrected into perfect bodies, yet He will still have His wounds so that all will know Who He is. Which seems a bit silly, I'd think He would surely be obvious.

Any viewpoints?

Hebron

Good thoughts Anddra

Transformed asked
Also, I've heard it said, yet can't quite verify it -- after His resurrection, He still had the wounds in His hands/feet/side. Does that then mean that all of us, even resurrected, will still have our bodily "wounds"? I've also heard that we'll all be physically resurrected into perfect bodies, yet He will still have His wounds so that all will know Who He is. Which seems a bit silly, I'd think He would surely be obvious.
we are promised glorified bodies without spot or blemish
Ephesians 5:27 (New International Version)
27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

Christ however,
Zechariah 13:6. “And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.”

Everyone will always remember in Glory what Christ has done for us

Andrew

Well known member
Interesting possibility that we could all appear in our prime (33 years of age). I don't think we will still have our wounds. When the Lord was here, He healed people so that even a withered arm was restored. I think our bodies will be perfect.

Faulty

I don't think its a stretch to consider that the God who created us, who humbled Himself and took the form of His creation, and went unto death in that form for His creation, that He would also choose to retain His wounds for our sake as a sign of what was done on our behalf.

I don't think that we have any room in this to infer that we will also retain our disabilities as it will serve no purpose.

waiting4Him

After the Lord rose, He came to His disciples...

No blood is mentioned because His blood was shed.

After we are raptured we will have bodies of glory like His body of glory (flesh and bone)...

There is a beautiful type of the bride in Genesis...

The blood of Jesus was the price He paid to redeem us.
Great!!!:elmogrin:wave

Back