1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Piper pushing Chrislam (which he and Rick Warren will later deny and complain

Discussion in 'Apostasy in the Local Church' started by billiefan2000, Jan 20, 2012.

1. billiefan2000

billiefan2000 Well-Known Member

2. billiefan2000

Posted: 01/19/12

What is John Piper talking about? Allah is Satan and none of these verses have anything to do with what he is saying. Allah is not known and loved through the crucified and risen Christ. Allah, (Satan) was defeated through the crucified and risen Jesus Christ.

Piper Tweeted on January 20, 2012:

Muslims, Jews, Christians! Allah and Adonai are only known and loved through the crucified and risen Christ. Jn 8:19; 5:42-43

Distributed by Worldview Weekend with Brannon Howse

Piper Tweets What? What is John Piper talking about? Allah is Satan and Allah is not known and loved through the crucified and risen Christ
  3. nillapoet

nillapoet Well-Known Member

Allah (English pronunciation: /ˈælə/ or /ˈɑːlə/; Arabic: الله‎ Allāh, IPA: [ʔɑlˈlɑː] ( listen), [ʔalˤˈlˤɑː]) is a word for God used in the context of Islam and other monotheistic religions of Arabic-speaking communities.

I'm confused. I've never heard Allah meaning Satan. Am I just out of the loop? And that doesn't sound like he's pushing Chrislam. I think it's saying that no matter what religion you think is right, the only right way is through Jesus.

But I'm probably missing something?
  4. paul&katie

paul&katie Well-Known Member

allah is not the God of the bible and cannot be, they have different attributes. allah as no son, allah is not a trinity. The god of islam is NOT Jesus.

ALLAH, the Moon God

Allah as a Deceiver: Examining Satan’s Accusations Against the Integrity of Allah

Islam index of Articles and Apologetics Information
  5. nillapoet

Thank you for clearing that up. I seriously had no idea. I wonder how much of the population doesn't know this.
  6. nillapoet

That Contender Ministries is a really good resource. Thanks for the post.
  7. paul&katie

You are right most people don’t know what is really in the koran and the truth about “allah.” One of his 99 names in the koran is “the god of this world.” :doh:

I love Contender Ministries, I wish they could write more; they handle things in a loving and kind way.
  8. billiefan2000

Usama Dakadok and Dr. Jimmy DeYoung

join Brannon Howse to discuss this appalling tweet by John Piper: “Muslims, Jews, Christians! Allah and Adonai are only known and loved through the crucified and risen Christ. Jn 8:19; 5:42-43”

Topic: Usama was born and raised in Egypt and he is an expert on Islam and the Koran. Usama explains the unbiblical message Piper’s tweet sends to Christians and to Muslims.

Topic: US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff visits Israel to increase relations and focus on Iranian concerns.

Topic: Israeli official: Israel is an internet superpower.

Worldview Radio: Worldview Weekend Radio with Brannon Howse - January 23rd, 2012
  9. Meg

Meg Well-Known Member

It would seem that the Piper quote is misunderstood. I went to the source, and Piper's own words vindicate him completely.

Jesus, Islam, Pharisees, and the New Perspective on Paul

Jesus, Islam, Pharisees, and the New Perspective on Paul - Desiring God

10. BobFin

BobFin Member

I think we need to be very careful with accusations. I can read this tweet two ways. One as intended in this original post - to intentionally shoot down a man. The other: Is John Piper trying to reach out to Muslims and Jews and show them the true way to God is through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If Allah is the name Muslims use for God, then it seems to me that one would use that name to draw them to Jesus. I don't necessarily think John Piper is saying that Allah is the true God of the Bible. At least I can't say he is with out asking him first - to clarify what he is saying.

I'm not posting this in support for and accusations against John Piper. I just think we need to be careful with our words and accusations.
  11. paul&katie

The Name of God in the Bible and the Quran [Part 3: Allah the Oak?]

So my pagan friends call their god “odin” should I then say that YHWY should be called odin for them to lead them to the true God YHWY and his son Jesus Christ?

That logic is absurd! And blasphemous! The word “allah” manes “the god” meaning the god of islam not YHWY or Jesus!

Christians call YHWY “allah” out of ignorance and out of fear of being killed by the muslims.

“allah” does not and never will mean “YHWY.”

If piper really wanted to reach out to muslims he would preach the Law and grace to them and denounce the false god they worship who’s one of his 99 names is “the god of this world!”
  12. BobFin

BobFin Member

That is not what I am saying at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The original post DID NOT refer to God as YHWY either, so if anyone on this forum would use the word God instead of YHWY would they be wrong? I am in absolute agreement that allah will never mean God - notice the big "G". My whole point of my post is that we need to find out the facts prior to slamming someone! As I feel you have done to me. Here, I offer you my other cheek! From the original post, I believe John Piper COULD HAVE BEEN saying the only way to God is through Jesus. I don't know his original intent so I refuse to slam him.
  13. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I agree with Meg and BobFin; we need to get our facts straight before we start pointing fingers of accusation. Piper's own words denote his position, and that he does not believe Allah to be the Lord.

BTW: what is absurd is thinking we can simply start shouting at Muslims that they are wrong; Christians try that with atheists constantly, without explaining why its' wrong.

And repeatedly, the atheists shut them completely out; so what makes us think that's going to work on Muslims?

If we're not willing to talk to them about Christ instead of at them, we've lost the battle.
  14. Meg

Meg Well-Known Member

How much is the hysteria of random gossip really costing the Church?

Who really thinks we are all a bunch of blind idiots who are so Biblically illiterate as to need some high and mighty expert to come rescue us from our own perceived foolishness? If you need to know who is a good teacher, who is not and why, start reading your Bible then apply what it says to do to how you actually live. Do that and you will indeed know what is true, what is false and why, and then instead of running about spreading rumors, you might spend your time and energy reaching the lost, serving the Lord and making a real difference in this sin-blasted world, while THERE IS STILL TIME!!!!
  15. OnceWasLost

OnceWasLost Super Moderator Staff Member

Good work Meg, sadly you are the exception. The truth is Piper has done plenty of late that is headed down the wrong road (Lectio Divina, his cozy acceptance of all things saddlesore, etc.) so the idea he could hold this type of weird belief is all too believable.

The article you referenced was from 2006, and the tweet is current, which shows the danger of quips (tweets) that are impossible to understand and most will not do their diligence to understand the intent of the tweet.

The devil loves this type of confusion will use it to those ends.
  16. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Well-Known Member

Well I just saw John Piper do a video saying that Roman Catholic Contemplative Prayer/mystic prayer is stupid.
  17. OnceWasLost

Here he does exactly the opposite of what he called stupid. It isn't "prayer" but it is certainly contemplative.

18. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Well-Known Member

19. Meg

Meg Well-Known Member

I remain unconvinced that Piper is such a bad actor. There wasn't enough in that clip to make sense of the whole event. Frankly, I am tired of all the gossip, and I have noticed that those who have so much energy to bash other ministries have little time for anything positive or beneficial to offer those in need. With that, I am withdrawing from this thread. I like John Piper. I wish I knew the man in person. His blog is absolutely lovely, his insights are deep and profound, his poetry is just amazing... I remain convinced he is doing his level best to serve the Lord.
  20. OnceWasLost

I won't assume you include me in those who have concerns that do nothing beneficial aside from sound the alarm. That clip with he and the others participants on the stage (Beth Moore, Francis Chan, etc.) was classical contemplative, be still, meditative reading (Lectio) which oddly enough is a favorite practice of catholics.

Not gonna attempt to convince anyone, the info is out there for all to see.