Gifts Of The Holy Spirit

arapahoepark

What have you tried to do so far? Do you like being with lots of people or one or two at a time? What are you good at even in this world? Some times to reach people in the world we have to be able to work with them and help them and understand their worldly problems before we can reach them with Christ. I mean any ability we have is a gift from God!

To: SonSeeker
There are also several gift test, I believe I took one and I believe it to be wholeheartedly accurate. I can post it if you want.

Meg

To: SonSeeker
There are also several gift test, I believe I took one and I believe it to be wholeheartedly accurate. I can post it if you want.

I am personally very curious. Please do post a sample of these tests... I do know from both personal experience and from the testimonies of both those I know in person and people I have read about, that often we discover what God has in mind by responding appropriately, through the guidance of Scripture and through deep prayer, that we discover what He is asking of us as we live out our lives and seek to serve the Lord in how we live. One of the finest examples of such a person is my first teacher. I told him on the phone a couple of years back that i am convinced he has the Gift of evangelism. He replied that his success rate was dismal, but its because he witnesses to everyone he meets and sticks with people so faithfully, that I still believe I was right.

For the record, here is the full list of the Gifts Of The Holy Spirit:

Romans 12:6-8 6
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 4
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.
7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

Ephesians 4:7-13 7
But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." 9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

1 Peter 4:10-11 10
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever.

My understanding of the Greek word, Charisma, is a gift bestowed by someone of high rank upon someone of lower rank. Therefore, the One of high rank would be Jesus Christ, and the ones of lower rank would be anyone who would serve Him. Thus what i derived from the Scripture about the talents. I did, as described, receive that insight from the Holy Spirit as I prayed for several days about that disturbing outcome of the Barna polling.

Robert

When I first came to the boards, I didn't know what my gifts were. All I knew is that I wanted to serve the Lord, but I wasn't sure how.

After writing to someone on RR's main site, I took his advice and brought it before the Lord. It wasn't too long after that point that I began writing articles.

And the rest is history (and a bunch of cheeseburgers).

In all seriousness though: I don't think it's as much WHAT gift you GET as much as it is the heart you bring to serve him with. I struggle with sin and failings every day, and sometimes don't feel I even have the right to type due to my foul ups. But the Lord has promised me that he is faithful and just to forgive me if I come to him and confess my sins. And he has a job for me to do, which I cannot back out on.

Just some observations from a cheeseburger lover.

Last edited:

WordDivine

Since there have been 2 detailed threads in recent months on the speaking in tongues issue, and since the issue of Biblically defined Gifts of the Holy Spirit came up, I thought it might be helpful to post the list I compiled last year, with Scripture references. If I missed anything, someone please add what you know.

Romans 12:6-8 6

1 Corinthians 12:4-11 4

Ephesians 4:7-13 7

1 Peter 4:10-11 10

I hope this helps clarify the concept of Giftedness in the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for sharing

Back