Binding And Loosing

Meg

The following insights on the "generational curse" issue came through in this morning's prayer. When we bring a matter to prayer, and the Lord "speaks to us", as so many growing Christians have heard of and openly wondered about, when the Lord speaks to our hearts, it comes through as thoughts so profound and sophisticated that we know it wasn't our own ability or intelligence that came up with that level of insight. Adrian (Mattfivefour) has described this exact same process in conversations he's shared with me. The following theological refutation of "generational curses" is an example of this sort of thing in my own prayer life. For the record, this has been happening to me on and off for several years, but it was at least 3 years of this sort of instruction, and 5 years overall, before the Lord thought me well enough trained to speak of these sort of insights in a public arena...

Ephesians 2:6-9

6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

The "generational curse" concept is just plain wrong on all kinds of levels. First, it short-circuits the need for repentance and denies the need to seek the Lord. Secondly, it claims that the dead have power over the living, a classic occult deception. Third, it introduces the possibility of a mysterious influence which requires guesswork and the drawing of unsupported conclusions based on flimsy evidence at best, as the deeds of the deceased can be invented at will, since they can neither prove nor disprove what cannot be supported by facts.

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

The TRUTH will set you free, not the assumption, not the guesswork.

Elijah's Mantle

:thumbup
this is what I really was really seeking to find out Meg :((
awesome post Meg .I am beyond relieved to find that because of
generational pasts my life is not cursed somehow
this is good news for real :((

Meg

:thumbup
this is what I really was really seeking to find out Meg :((
awesome post Meg .I am beyond relieved to find that because of
generational pasts my life is not cursed somehow
this is good news for real :((

Isn't it sad that these misconceptions get so repeated and spread around?

Elijah's Mantle

Isn't it sad that these misconceptions get so repeated and spread around?

:((
yes it is sad :tsk:
sends folks off the cliff
no Christian has time to be a defeated
Christian focusing on the bad news
Jesus is the good news he come that we
might know the truth and be set free

Meg

One of the most important ways for that Holy Truth to be visible is for God's people to live that Truth in our actions and our words. Let us be quietly bold in what we know is right, yet understand when we reach the point where we know our limits, so that we speak of what He really is, without overstepping any bounds we know we might have. For when one person reaches their limit, another picks up the slack, thus leaving room for all to contribute something, while each is being faithful to what we were given to contribute. A big part of the imbalance in the church at large is too many would-be superstars making the rest think they have little or nothing to contribute. Would that we all bring something, confident that what we have given is but a part of a whole too vast and complex to ever be filled by one person, or even 1000 people, at the expense of what 1 million might have contributed to... Would that we recognize both the value of what we do have to contribute along with our own limits, that we might truly humble ourselves and make room for the others to show the Holy Spirit's presence in all, rather than making it seem that the Holy Spirit is only at work in some rarefied few...

mattfivefour

The Holy Spirit is indeed at work in EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN and has placed EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN, according to His perfect knowledge and will, into the body for a specific purpose. EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN has been given at least one gift, and that gift—or those gifts in some cases—are intended to benefit the entire body, for it is God's plan that each part of the body—in other words EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN—supplies an essential need in the body (Ephesians 4:16). Nobody is placed in the body with no purpose.

The primary purpose we exist for, of course, is the glory of God; but EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN serves two other purposes— to be a witness to the lost and an edifier of the Body. It is unfortunate that over the years a clergy has arisen that has removed so much of what a Christian should do from the common purpose and has reserved it chiefly unto itself. Yes, there are different gifts and different offices in the Body, but ALL exist for the building up of the church. ALL! And that means you.

There are no lesser Christians, no unimportant members of the body. EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN has a purpose in the body and thus a role to play. We do not pick the role, God does. But we should realize that each of us indeed has a role. It may be big, or it may be small in our eyes, but EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN HAS A ROLE. We must never attempt to puff ourselves up beyond what God has given us (or because of what He has given us), but we must never hold back from fulfilling that which He places before us.

EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN has something with which to help some of the other brothers and sisters whom God has saved. It may be prayer, it may be encouragement, it may run the entire gamut of service to others. But whatever it is, EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN has something. Too many look at their limitations instead of at God's supply; too many believe Satan's lie that they are unimportant; too many fail in trusting in God's Word that He has given them a gift, and so they fail to find ways in which they can humbly help others. Isaiah said, "Here am I. Send me." That should be the heart response of EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN. God will indeed send those who make themselves available. He called you. And He did so for a purpose ... a purpose to be carried out here on this earth. God will empower you. In fact, He says He has. Accept His Word. Recognize the Holy Spirit is living within you and has given you at least one gift for His purpose. Set aside your own thoughts and limitations. And step out in obedience. The Church needs you ... or you wouldn't be here. God makes no mistakes.

Back