Trinity?

NewFollower

Maybe it's the Word "Trinity" that I don't like.. Man 's understanding of Trinity is confusing. Some say Christian Trinity was influenced by Ancient Trinitarian Gods. Is it a coincidence that these other God Trinities exist?

So I will just stay with what Jesus said the bible..The verses below is enough for me to believe that there's only one God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Revelation 22:13 -I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

John 14:8 -
Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?…

So my conclusion is God the father is Jesus in the flesh form.

Reactions: Hol

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
In my personal view..Trinity was invented by man.God is just one... I just don't like the term Trinity.

What is your view about these other Trinitarian Gods? What's the difference between Christian Trinity and other Trinitarian Gods.?

The Roman Pagan Trinity of Isis, Horus, and Seb
Trinity God Cerberus of Greek and Roman Mythology
The Hindu trinity is of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

more info here
:spy

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
Maybe it's the Word "Trinity" that I don't like.. Man 's understanding of Trinity is confusing. Some say Christian Trinity was influenced by Ancient Trinitarian Gods. Is it a coincidence that these other God Trinities exist?

So I will just stay with what Jesus said the bible..The verses below is enough for me to believe that there's only one God.

John 8:58 - Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

Revelation 22:13 -I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?…

Who was Jesus Before He was in the flesh?

jonshaff

Fellow Servant
Matthew 3
16After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Three Separate Persons of the Triune Godhead crashing into man's finite time spectrum

Andrew

Well known member

So, basically, because you don't understand the trinity you dismiss it? Interesting.

LoudRam

NewFollower...
Who raised Jesus from the dead?

According to John, Jesus raised himself.
John 2:19-22

According to Paul the Holy Spirit raised him.
Romans 8:11

Again according to Paul, God raised him.
1 Cor. 6:14

How can all three statements be correct unless all three are in fact God.

mattfivefour

Folks, you are all correct. But understand that this member is a new believer. So realize that he is absorbing the milk of the Word. God will reveal the truth to him as he seeks it. We can point him to it, but let us not attack him over it. God is patient in the revelation of His Word—let us be, also ... even as the Holy Spirit instructs us through Paul (2 Timothy 2:24-25)

LoudRam

. Man 's understanding of Trinity is confusing.
Your right it is. As Pastor Adrian wrote on the first page, to try and understand the Trinity is to try and understand the very essence and being of God. It can't be done with our finite minds. However the Bible teaches it from Genesis 1:1 onwards until the end. In Genesis it says In the beginning God... The word used for God is Elohim. Elohim is plural. The concept of the Trinity starts there.

Hol

Worships Him

John 14:8 - Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?…

And that is such a good question, and conclusion! May we continually marvel at His oneness, revealed in three distinct personalities!

May I recommend that you listen to a teaching from Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum regarding this? First, you should know that he & his Jewish family were brought out of Eastern Europe shortly before Hitler's rounding up Jews, by an early version of the Israeli underground. He was a boy, but his grandfather an important Rabbi.

Well, he became a believer in Yeshua, at age 13 I think, and was rejected by his family.

Although the Hebrew language preserves the truth in scripture that God is three, it also preserves the truth that He is One.

Dr. Fruchtenbaum has audio & pdf studies available free on his website: Ariel Ministries. Google that website with an added search perimeter: Come and See (that study link is kinda buried!). Blessings New Follower!

WorldWithoutEnd

Indeed the doctrine of the Trinity is something that our finite minds cannot fully comprehend or grasp. Yet the doctrine is clearly biblical. I love how the Holy Bible describes our Saviour as He that sitteth at the right hand of God, making intercession for the saints. Then, I read passages like Psalms 44:3, 89:13, 98:1, also Isaiah 51:5 and Is 59:16, I cannot help but to picture God, sitting on the throne, Jesus IS his right hand, the Spirit, his left hand, yet one God sitting upon his throne. I think this imagery is clearly seen in the book of the Revelation when John describes the throne of God and the lamb in its midst.

WorldWithoutEnd

Folks, you are all correct. But understand that this member is a new believer. So realize that he is absorbing the milk of the Word. God will reveal the truth to him as he seeks it. We can point him to it, but let us not attack him over it. God is patient in the revelation of His Word—let us be, also ... even as the Holy Spirit instructs us through Paul (2 Timothy 2:24-25)
Amen! Let us not be as Calvin, who persecuted and consented to the death of Servetus because of this very issue.

Reactions: Hol

WorldWithoutEnd

Apparently, the doctrine is so clear from Scripture that even Catholicism was able to see its truth, just as they also were able to recognize that which was scripture.

Back