Lordship question

followerofjesus

Slave of Christ
I think there is way too much division in the Body of Christ, and a lot of it is because we feel the need to place labels on ourselves.
I don't care if you call yourself a Calvinist, or an Arminian; a Baptist, or a Lutheran...if you have abandoned all hope in yourself, and placed your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation, you are my brother or sister in Christ. That should be the only thing that matters, because in the end, that's the only thing that will stand.

mattfivefour

I think there is way too much division in the Body of Christ, and a lot of it is because we feel the need to place labels on ourselves.
I don't care if you call yourself a Calvinist, or an Arminian; a Baptist, or a Lutheran...if you have abandoned all hope in yourself, and placed your faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation, you are my brother or sister in Christ. That should be the only thing that matters, because in the end, that's the only thing that will stand.
Amen.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I love that book, it helped me, plus he brings out the best in Spurgeon. It is about a loving obedience to a Savior who gave all, and in my friend's case, when I tried to share Dave Hunt's book, she repulsed it as if it was heresy.

There are some valuable lessons from John MacArthur & other Calvinists, it is simply that both them & Arminians tend to put doctrine in a position of authority. Both have much to offer, but they remind me of the Corinthians saying, "I of Apollos, I of Paul," in an effort to remain carnal.
I'm sure that I tend to allow my flesh to control my life in ways that only maturity will help me see.

I think you have tremendous insight for one so new in the faith.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Excellent post!

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
Man's disobedience, weakness and unbelief may hinder God's work in the individual. That is a clear message in God's Word.
Otherwise we would be puppets.

Man's disobedience, weakness and unbelief may hinder God's work in that individual, but it will not hinder God's overall work in the world. That also is a clear message in God's Word.
Otherwise God would not be sovereign.

Plain and simple— the truth is God's sovereignty allows for man's disobedience, weakness and unbelief: and thus He remains all-sovereign in His purpose for Creation. As the Bible teaches, He uses all things IN His purpose.
No reading—no understanding—of the Bible that misses or minimizes these truths is accurate.
Excellent!

ReadyforSupper

I think you have tremendous insight for one so new in the faith.
Indeed she does! Holly dug into the scriptures with a fervor few display. She's depended on her family to suggest materials and the Holy Spirit to guide her through them (and whether or not to avoid them).

Holly grasped onto the depth of her faith like a starving child and in warp speed, has surpassed many in her fervor, faith and knowledge!

(Don't get a big fat head sis):gtongue

Hol

Worships Him
Indeed she does! Holly dug into the scriptures with a fervor few display. She's depended on her family to suggest materials and the Holy Spirit to guide her through them (and whether or not to avoid them).

Holly grasped onto the depth of her faith like a starving child and in warp speed, has surpassed many in her fervor, faith and knowledge!

(Don't get a big fat head sis):gtongue
My head does seem to be swelling:lol

That's okay, I'm heading to Bible study soon & will get brought back into humility!!

Thanks to you both, my heart is warmed ❤️

Back